Sign in to follow this  
crackills

Barkley vs Kamara?

obviously both have significantly underperformed for their draft grade.... who is the RB to own going forward?

Does Kamara turn it back on when Brees gets back? 

Does Barkley turn it back on when he is back from inj with Giants playing from behind a lot?

As a Barkley owner, I am hoping for option B.  LOL  I think when Barkley comes back, as well as other Giant weapons (Engram, Sheppard) along with Tate, that the offense won't be as bad as early this season.  Hopefully that translates to more scoring opportunities for Barkley.  Volume wise he should be good, but it would be nice to see some TD's.

I have not paid attention to Kamara, so I cannot comment on that situation.

That's a good decision to have to make but I would lean on Barkley.

He's the only RB the giants have and Kamara has some competition

I would also take Barkley.  In different dynasty leagues, I own one or the other.  Kamara will be MUCH better when Brees is back due to teams not worrying about Bridgewater throwing deep.  Less players around the line to stop him.  That said, the Giants offense doesn't look too bad.  I think Barkley makes the most of it and actually helps them win a couple more games while piling up huge numbers. 

Kamara 

This topic cannot be addressed right now due to injury concerns....one coming back from rather serious ankle injury (Barkley) and the other perhaps "resting" until his week 9 BYE with potential "high ankle issue"  (Kamara)

Barring injury status, Barkley should get more production ROS. If one has Kamara and Latavious though leave that alone. There will be weeks of two low end RB1's just like with Ingram and Kamara the last couple of years. They could not do that with Brees out and needing the best player on the field most of the time.  

Latavious had a couple of long runs called back. If not for that, he would have had a couple of low RB1/ high RB2 weeks like week 1 with Brees. 

On 10/14/2019 at 3:43 PM, weepaws said:

Kamara 

Weepaws has been wrong about Kamara since the offseason, so I wouldn't trust him on this. Also he thinks a top 5 running back is a rb2 :lol:

Another aspect is Taysom Hill pilfering from Kamara 2-3 runs a game and a pass or two. I am a Kamara homer and Saints fan but I would totally go with Barkley if not for also having Latavious.  

Barkley has the potential to be the greatest fantasy football player ever.  2K yards in his rookie year with one of the worst QBs in the league is impressive to say the least.  His problem will be staying healthy.  He needs to learn to run without twisting, cutting and trying to hurdle everyone on every play.   Take what is given and move open to the next play.

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Weepaws has been wrong about Kamara since the offseason, so I wouldn't trust him on this. Also he thinks a top 5 running back is a rb2 :lol:

Actually said High rb2 low rb1.  

And yes DJ is not worthy of a top five pick in any ff draft. 

And yes I stick to my predictions, unlike you. 

Hey thanks.