Sign in to follow this  
Lamb of God

Keenan Allen. Time to be concerned.

He's killing me in my full pt ppr league. I shouldve blown my opponent away but Allen laid a total dud giving my opponent a chance. Anyway is it time to move him say in a package deal for someone like Michael Thomas, Hopkins, maybe obj owner. Or hold and hope he flips around. My other WRs are godwin, thielen and cooks so each Allen laying an egg hurts cuz cooks isn't lighting it up either. 

You have Godwin and Thielen and you're not blowing your opponents away?

I think I'd just hold on and wait for the inevitable upswings.  Allen for OBJ sounds like out of the frying pan and into the fire to me.

Don’t see you getting Thomas or Hopkins for Allen 

Maybe Beckham, but why?  

I would keep Allen over the Beckham. 

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

You have Godwin and Thielen and you're not blowing your opponents away?

I think I'd just hold on and wait for the inevitable upswings.  Allen for OBJ sounds like out of the frying pan and into the fire to me.

I have Barkley and in his place has been Ingram so I've been middling in that spot while also watching Allen get me 5 a week so yeah it's been tough. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Don’t see you getting Thomas or Hopkins for Allen 

Maybe Beckham, but why?  

I would keep Allen over the Beckham. 

A guy in my league just posted he's looking for qb help. So I was gonna offer brady/Allen for Hopkins/minshew and I'd ride wentz as my starter. Maybe I'm panicking but three weeks of 5pts in a full ppr is a trend not a fluke. I feel like nuke/Thomas have a safer floor. But idk if he'd do the trade. 

7 hours ago, Lamb of God said:

A guy in my league just posted he's looking for qb help. So I was gonna offer brady/Allen for Hopkins/minshew and I'd ride wentz as my starter. Maybe I'm panicking but three weeks of 5pts in a full ppr is a trend not a fluke. I feel like nuke/Thomas have a safer floor. But idk if he'd do the trade. 

I don’t disagree with you at all, just not sure that I would give Hopkins up for Allen, but if that other owner needs a qb, maybe they would. 

Thomas would be great, but I can’t see you getting him for anything. 

Unless that Thomas owner has a real weakness. 

Hey good luck with this situation. 

I wouldn't panic yet.  It is the ebbs and flows of a fantasy season.  Yes it sux to have 3 clunkers in a row, I own him too.  Not looking to move him though, and so many other big name WR's still have not done as well as Allen through week 6.  In the end, Allen will likely finish about where he was drafted to be. 

Teams are wising up to the "stud" WR philosophy.  Nuk is consistently double covered and teams force Watson to go elsewhere.  Allen was covered by 3 Steelers on many plays Sunday night.  I expect Hopkins to be fine now that teams see Fuller can do consistent damage and their run game is finally on track.  Allen though concerns me.  Unless someone else in that offense steps up, or the running game drastically makes a jump, he's going to be covered by 2 guys at all times.  In the long run, I think he will be just fine though.  His route running is extraordinary.  Don't panic when you have so many other good players on your squad.  The last thing you want to do is move him and then he turns around and blasts you in the playoffs.  The cream always rises to the top, eventually.

So here's the scoop:  This past weekend against the Steelers was something you maybe should have expected.  Last year the Steelers got RAVAGED by Keenan, to the tune of 14 catches for 173 or something.  They set about in the offseason to rebuild their defense into something better built to stop Keenan and WR's like him.  The final piece of that was the addition of Fitzpatrick.  Even missing a couple of starters (and losing Tuitt, which hurts) that Steelers defense is nastier than people realize.  Statistics are warped by a slow start to the season and particularly an offense that is, well, inept most of the time.  I actually picked up and played the Steelers D this weekend in one league where better options/matchups were available.   They get sacks, create turnovers and are WAY better in coverage than they were a year ago.  They specifically targeted stopping Keenan this game which is why Hunter Henry had a good week.  

Next big thing is the Chargers offensive line is shambles.  They were missing at least 2, maybe 3 starters this past weekend.  Rivers was under duress the entire game.  Steelers used help on Keenan and shadowed the backs out wide, which left Mike Williams singled and Hunter Henry working the middle.  Add to it a lopsided Time of Possession and Keenan was a forgotten man.  He'll probably squeak this week and get grease against a not very good Titans team this week.  

I am holding but like others have said a lot of stud WRs have been mediocre.  I also have Julio Jones and he and Allen have killed me these past few weeks.  Who else am I going to throw out there?  Drafted these guys high so I guess one has to hope for better days.