Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Aaron Jones - starting job was fun while it lasted...

Enter Jamal Williams. Packers new starting RB.... in my opinion. Aaron Rodgers may have lost confidence in AJ.  I'm putting in a claim for JW.

14 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

I'm not alone with this thinking.... in fact, I stole it from Michael Fabiano.

Being in a majority, unless it includes Axe Elf, does not automatically make you right.

To be fair, Jamaal may be on some performance enhancing drugs.  His vision is still absolutely terrible, but at least he looks explosive this year.

Week3

Jones 10carries/1tgt/1rec, Williams 12carries/2tgts/2recs

Weeks 4 and 5

Jones so-so game/went nuts, Williams missed most of game injured/did not play

Week6

Jones 11carries/7tgts/4recs, Williams 14carries/5tgts/4recs

Considering Lafleur's history of running ball in his offenses, Pack being 5-1 and looking to extend season for playoffs, Jones injury history wouldn't say Jones lost his starting gig, but could be looking at a full RBBC

The Packers coach said a few weeks back that J Williams would be getting more work, then Williams was injured, now he’s back and it’s without question a full RBBC. 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

The Packers coach said a few weeks back that J Williams would be getting more work, then Williams was injured, now he’s back and it’s without question a full RBBC. 

Historically, the HC has been a RBBC guy.  Remember last year in TN?  He didn't want Henry getting more than half the carries until the final games of the season when Henry blew up.  LaFleur has stated more than once he wants his RB's "fresh" during the games.  Well, most RB's will tell you they need to get in a groove and they can only do that with more carries.  As long as both are healthy, I think it will continue to be a split. 

Same people worrying about this are the same ones yapping nonsensically about the Damien Williams/Shady splits.

#tempestinateapot

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Historically, the HC has been a RBBC guy.  Remember last year in TN?  He didn't want Henry getting more than half the carries until the final games of the season when Henry blew up.  LaFleur has stated more than once he wants his RB's "fresh" during the games.  Well, most RB's will tell you they need to get in a groove and they can only do that with more carries.  As long as both are healthy, I think it will continue to be a split. 

Here's the previous thread I posted on this, including the article where Lafleur talks about getting more touches to Williams...

28 minutes ago, NAn said:

Here's the previous thread I posted on this, including the article where Lafleur talks about getting more touches to Williams...

Yeah, he's a rbbc guy.  If you knew which RB would have a great game, it would be perfect.  Not knowing which one will blow up from week to week will leave some fantasy owners highly disappointed.  It's possible both could have some Flex appeal though, but if your guy only gets 8 points, it's going to make for a bad Sunday. 

13 hours ago, weepaws said:

RBBC moving forward. Sounds good to me. (a non-Packer rb owner)

4 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

the biggest over reaction thread of the year.  Calm down people

Yep. Williams is the guy to own in GB. :thumbsup:

Truth be told, neither is that great of a RB so as a fan I am fine with playing the hot hand.  Williams is more dependable.  Jones has more ability to cut back and make chunk yardage.

Rodgers is once again out there with practice squaders and 2 over the hill TEs.  

They trade back pick up and extra 2nd instead of drafting Gary and take Hollywood Brown and this offense has a weapon.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Truth be told, neither is that great of a RB so as a fan I am fine with playing the hot hand.  Williams is more dependable.  Jones has more ability to cut back and make chunk yardage.

Rodgers is once again out there with practice squaders and 2 over the hill TEs.  

They trade back pick up and extra 2nd instead of drafting Gary and take Hollywood Brown and this offense has a weapon.

Hasn't the running game been carrying the Packers this year so far? 

32 minutes ago, sderk said:

Hasn't the running game been carrying the Packers this year so far? 

Maybe you are thinking of the Cowboys game.  Which yea it did there as they had to scramble a ganeplan without Adams.

Other than that no I wouldnt say it is carrying the Packers at all.

Running defenses 15 or worse I'm starting Jones any better I'll sit him till Williams gets hurt again.

If you had to own one of them , Jones would be the one, but if Williams can stay healthy, Jones can’t really be trusted as a rb2 or better most weeks.