Sign in to follow this  
browns2626

Obj and Gordon for Thielen and Fuller

Held on to Thielen for an extra week due to his matchup and now I’m looking to trade him. 

I was offered OBJ and Gordon for Thielen and Fuller. I need help at RB, but Gordon‘s fantasy value has me concerned with the emergence of Ekeler in the beginning of the season  

I originally offered Thielen and Fuller for Saquon; they countered with OBJ and Gordon. 

First, I would go back and ask what it would take to get Barkley.  It wouldn't hurt to remind them he's not even guaranteed to be over his high ankle sprain until the offseason.  Never hurts to throw that in there and see if you can plant a seed of doubt. 

Second - Gordon could be in trouble.  The Chargers truly do not need him and the offensive line is all kinds of beat up.  If they keep getting down in games early, it effectively takes Gordon out of the plan.  I see him as a low end RB2 at this point.  OBJ is struggling because his QB can't stop staring at his WR's he intends to throw to.  Mayfield has regressed.  Try again for Saquon and see if something can't be worked out.  At this point, I wouldn't want OBJ & Gordon.  Fuller's injury history scares me, but I'd prefer him & Thielen over OBJ & Gordon at this stage of the season.  At least your current guys have something to play for.  If the Chargers & Browns fall out of the playoff hunt, will those two even be factors anymore? 

4 hours ago, browns2626 said:

Held on to Thielen for an extra week due to his matchup and now I’m looking to trade him. 

I was offered OBJ and Gordon for Thielen and Fuller. I need help at RB, but Gordon‘s fantasy value has me concerned with the emergence of Ekeler in the beginning of the season  

I originally offered Thielen and Fuller for Saquon; they countered with OBJ and Gordon. 

I would take it.  

Just have a feeling both of them Gordon and Obj could get better as the season goes. 

Just a matter of time that fuller goes down again and again. 

So Thielen for those two is a good buy. 

I would not make this trade.... Chargers lost their leader in the offensive line Pouncy... who checks the protection. They don’t have Okung either. We should know more on his status soon.. he may not come back and that means the Chargers are without their 2 two lineman. 

21 hours ago, oldtimer said:

First, I would go back and ask what it would take to get Barkley.  It wouldn't hurt to remind them he's not even guaranteed to be over his high ankle sprain until the offseason.  Never hurts to throw that in there and see if you can plant a seed of doubt. 

Second - Gordon could be in trouble.  The Chargers truly do not need him and the offensive line is all kinds of beat up.  If they keep getting down in games early, it effectively takes Gordon out of the plan.  I see him as a low end RB2 at this point.  OBJ is struggling because his QB can't stop staring at his WR's he intends to throw to.  Mayfield has regressed.  Try again for Saquon and see if something can't be worked out.  At this point, I wouldn't want OBJ & Gordon.  Fuller's injury history scares me, but I'd prefer him & Thielen over OBJ & Gordon at this stage of the season.  At least your current guys have something to play for.  If the Chargers & Browns fall out of the playoff hunt, will those two even be factors anymore? 

Tried a counter with Thielen, Damien Williams, and Fuller for Saquon and OBJ. Didn’t budge. Feel like they’re set with not trading Saquon. Id probably have to add Hopkins in there to land Saquon. 

1 hour ago, browns2626 said:

Tried a counter with Thielen, Damien Williams, and Fuller for Saquon and OBJ. Didn’t budge. Feel like they’re set with not trading Saquon. Id probably have to add Hopkins in there to land Saquon. 

I'm not sure who all you have at WR, but when Saquon returns, I'm expecting a beast.  Do you have the depth at WR to make a solid offer of two decent WR's, or a good WR/RB combo for him? 

I understand the Barkley owners situation.  When he was injured, I was flooded with offers for him.  They were all pretty lousy relative to what he brings to the table.  For me to deal him, it would have taken two pretty solid WR's, with at least one of them being a WR1 and the other no worse than a weekly WR2.  I never had anyone offer me anything close to that, so he's still on my roster.  lol

I would keep Thielen and Fuller. The Chargers and Browns offenses are huge issues right now and the person of the 4 I feel most confident in is Thielen.

Always analyze and decide if you are getting the best player in the deal. If you are unsure you probably are not getting the best player back.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'm not sure who all you have at WR, but when Saquon returns, I'm expecting a beast.  Do you have the depth at WR to make a solid offer of two decent WR's, or a good WR/RB combo for him? 

I understand the Barkley owners situation.  When he was injured, I was flooded with offers for him.  They were all pretty lousy relative to what he brings to the table.  For me to deal him, it would have taken two pretty solid WR's, with at least one of them being a WR1 and the other no worse than a weekly WR2.  I never had anyone offer me anything close to that, so he's still on my roster.  lol

I have Hopkins, Fuller, Thielen, Tyrell Williams, Brandin Cooks, John Brown for WR. 

RBs not so much, Michel, Hyde, Damien Williams and Jamaal Williams. And I stashed Kareem Hunt but might drop him to pick up Royce Freeman for an extra flex option or Allen Lazard depending on GBs WR situation. 

36 minutes ago, browns2626 said:

I have Hopkins, Fuller, Thielen, Tyrell Williams, Brandin Cooks, John Brown for WR. 

RBs not so much, Michel, Hyde, Damien Williams and Jamaal Williams. And I stashed Kareem Hunt but might drop him to pick up Royce Freeman for an extra flex option or Allen Lazard depending on GBs WR situation. 

So, just my thoughts here....  I may consider looking at one of the teams with the best records for help.  Typically those teams have depth.  If one of the top 3 or 4 teams has a RB you like, consider going 'all-in' on the season and dealing Hopkins & Cooks.  Cooks is very hit & miss and Hopkins is losing too many opportunities to the running game, Fuller and others.  Maybe try that combo with the Barkley owner.  With nothing at RB, you truly don't have anything to lose. 

I would not drop Hunt.  Trade him, or put him in a package deal.  I am certain there is someone in the league who believes he will be a Flex worthy option upon his return.  I don't believe that, but I'm sure someone in your league does, possibly the Chubb owner.  Maybe Hopkins/Hunt for a decent RB.