zftcg

Question about Yahoo waiver priority

I’ve been holding off on playing waiver claims all year. Now I’m up to No. 2 and the team ahead of me has barely made any transactions all year, so I should have a very good chance at getting Henry tomorrow morning. 

I was also planning on swapping out my kicker. Normally, I would never waste a claim on a kicker, but if using my claim on Henry will send me to the back of the line, there’s no reason not to put in a claim for Prater as well, right? Is there any reason not to do it? Am I missing something?

There is no harm is making claims from the back of the line.  You are not missing anything. 

I would add that sitting on your hands because you have a high waiver priority will not help you win your league.  Be active, and if you have a chance to improve your roster put in a claim.  

I realized the one risk is if I do get snaked on Henry, then I’m wasting my No. 2 claim on a K

Was just about to say that.  I would just hold off on the K if you think the other guy will grab Henry.

3 minutes ago, Texas10 said:

Was just about to say that.  I would just hold off on the K if you think the other guy will grab Henry.

I’d be really shocked if it happened, but probably not worth the risk

10 minutes ago, travis_henrys_baby_momma said:

I would add that sitting on your hands because you have a high waiver priority will not help you win your league.  Be active, and if you have a chance to improve your roster put in a claim.  

Just to clarify, once waivers have cleared tomorrow morning we have open pickups for the rest of the week (other than for people who were dropped). I’m very active on the wire, just not via priority. I used to put in claims every week, but last year I decided i would only do it for someone who was really worth it. Helped me get Samuels in time for the playoffs. This year, Henry is the first player who has cleared the bar. 

Another reason for not putting in a second claim is that it would put you behind anyone else who made only one claim this week.

Let's say that you (the #2), the #5, the #7, the #8 and the #10 guy in a 12 team league all put in waiver claims.  Once you get yours, you go to the back of the list, but then the four guys with lower priority than you ALSO go to the back of list when they get THEIR claims, so that instead of being #12 for next week, now you're #8 again.  If you put in a second claim for a Kicker, you'll go to the back of the line AGAIN, and now you're #12 for next week.

So yeah, wait until waivers have run to pick up your kicker.

9 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Another reason for not putting in a second claim is that it would put you behind anyone else who made only one claim this week.

Let's say that you (the #2), the #5, the #7, the #8 and the #10 guy in a 12 team league all put in waiver claims.  Once you get yours, you go to the back of the list, but then the four guys with lower priority than you ALSO go to the back of list when they get THEIR claims, so that instead of being #12 for next week, now you're #8 again.  If you put in a second claim for a Kicker, you'll go to the back of the line AGAIN, and now you're #12 for next week.

So yeah, wait until waivers have run to pick up your kicker.

Yes, good point, and that's exactly what happened. I got Henry but have already moved up from 12 to 9 based on other team's claims. Picked up Prater as a FA when I woke up this morning.