Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

David Johnson

4 hours ago, NAn said:

Due respect but that's neither here or there. Bottom line is production.  Injuries happen, part of game.  Can wonder all you want, but that doesn't mean you can discount actual production.

Yeah your right about that no question, and it was more of just tossing that out there type of thing more then using it as a point. 

It was cheap, sorry. 

3 hours ago, cavern said:

My apologies.  It appears this very site had him around #5. I had him near the turn and thought i was with the consensus.  Mea culpa

In hindsight i guess maybe they were on to something 

Diffently a first round pick. 

4 hours ago, NAn said:

This is what I don't get.  

You mean paying the right price?

B/c again he's currently 5th in ppr, 7th in standard.

So he's getting value at or near a top5 pick.

Meanwhile highly touted players like Hopkins, Kamara, Saquon, Hopkins, Davante are not meeting anywhere near their preseason value.

yeah.  right now - understanding he's nicked up and easily could start regressing - he's returning even the #5 value....anyone that is frustrated at this point is someone who thought they were getting the #1ish pick but at 5.

i think it's pretty strange that, at this exact point in time, players are frustrated with their DJ pick.  i'm merely concerned with his being nicked up.  but have SOME confidence he will play through it and play through it well... but how many weeks can this happen?  is he the julio jones of rb's?  or will he go down.... which would bring the weepaws back in to about a crazy high adp, that i agree, NOW, was there, but i didn't agree with.  im putting him back out there and expecting him to play well through injury unless there is a credible report saying dont

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Diffently a first round pick. 

yes. i was rude and and we were both looking at credible stats,  i was looking at what FFB was giving me and right there, on this site, was his 5 pick rating.  i didn't agree then, but can't argue right now other than to say this site was possibly brilliant

these next couple of weeks are crucial. if he can play nicked up, and put out respectable numbers while getting healthy, he could end up a league winner.

lotta ifs, but the team is coming together with kyler getting comfortable

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yeah your right about that no question, and it was more of just tossing that out there type of thing more then using it as a point. 

It was cheap, sorry. 

No worries bro.

7 hours ago, cavern said:

yeah.  right now - understanding he's nicked up and easily could start regressing - he's returning even the #5 value....anyone that is frustrated at this point is someone who thought they were getting the #1ish pick but at 5.

i think it's pretty strange that, at this exact point in time, players are frustrated with their DJ pick.  i'm merely concerned with his being nicked up.  but have SOME confidence he will play through it and play through it well... but how many weeks can this happen?  is he the julio jones of rb's?  or will he go down.... which would bring the weepaws back in to about a crazy high adp, that i agree, NOW, was there, but i didn't agree with.  im putting him back out there and expecting him to play well through injury unless there is a credible report saying dont

Hope I'm not jinxing him but aside from the injury year, he's played 54 of 54 games including all 6 this year.  Players in NFL get nicked up, show up on injury report,  start a game and get hurt...not ideal, but just nature of the game. Now admittedly I have Edmonds, so semi-covered,  but bottom line is DJs playing, he's productive.  I'll ride him out till that changes.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:05 PM, NAn said:

Meanwhile highly touted players like Hopkins, Kamara, Saquon, Hopkins, Davante are not meeting anywhere near their preseason value.

I cannot agree with that.

If you are picking him top 5 overall, you are expecting him to be top 2 or top 3 at his position.

24 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

If you are picking him top 5 overall, you are expecting him to be top 2 or top 3 at his position.

Exactly. If I pick a guy 20rh overall, he better be 15th overall or better or he will be getting cut. Pretty much if a play I draft isn't performing 25% better than where I drafted him, cut. 

I got him with the tenth pick in our 14 team league.  I was surprised he got to me.  I'm pretty happy so far.

7 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I’m actually not. In early rounds, particularly first (or higher dollar players in auction) I’m looking to   meet draft position (or dollar amount) valuwise. That’s it. Typically trying to be safer in early rounds w/who I draft holding to adage ‘you can’t win your league in first/early round/s, but you can lose it.’

Then as draft progresses then looking more for players to exceed draft position value. 

Course if my player at overall pick #11 performs more like a #5 pick I’m stoked.  But it’s not my aim.

Sounds like it’s yours so yes, agree to disagree.

3 hours ago, brewens said:

I got him with the tenth pick in our 14 team league.  I was surprised he got to me.  I'm pretty happy so far.

Nice

We’ll this is pretty much a worst case scenario. Officially “active” but not playing. Edmonds going off on my bench. 

17 minutes ago, zftcg said:

We’ll this is pretty much a worst case scenario. Officially “active” but not playing. Edmonds going off on my bench. 

Yup. Same here. I was looking for a reason to play Edmonds all week, but let the Johnson active news drive me away. Oh well on the bright side he looks legit if Johnson continues to have injury issues. 

10 minutes ago, mgirgent said:

This was the Cardinals plan. Decoy and rest. 

There are probly a lot of Johnson owners who would have liked you to reveal this plan BEFORE the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

There are probly a lot of Johnson owners who would have liked you to reveal this plan BEFORE the game.

David Johnson started, ran the ball once, and then was sidelined for the rest of Week 7.

Beyond brutal. Johnson was able to practice this week. We had the Adam Schefter "expected to play" news. And the Cardinals only had two healthy running backs today. All signs that Arizona had confidence in Johnson, but they ultimately opted to play it safe with their star running back when he likely could've played through his injury. At one point Chase Edmonds was throwing up in a trash can -- you may be doing that as well if you started DJ -- so Johnson re-entered momentarily but immediately went back to the sideline when Edmonds was feeling better. It was an all-time tilting week, especially with Edmonds posting three touchdowns on over 20 touches. Johnson will be hard to fully trust until he practices in full. Hopefully we get more clarity on the situation after the game.

24 minutes ago, zftcg said:

David Johnson started, ran the ball once, and then was sidelined for the rest of Week 7.

Beyond brutal. Johnson was able to practice this week. We had the Adam Schefter "expected to play" news. And the Cardinals only had two healthy running backs today. All signs that Arizona had confidence in Johnson, but they ultimately opted to play it safe with their star running back when he likely could've played through his injury. At one point Chase Edmonds was throwing up in a trash can -- you may be doing that as well if you started DJ -- so Johnson re-entered momentarily but immediately went back to the sideline when Edmonds was feeling better. It was an all-time tilting week, especially with Edmonds posting three touchdowns on over 20 touches. Johnson will be hard to fully trust until he practices in full. Hopefully we get more clarity on the situation after the game.

This may now be a RBBC.  Actually hope that DJ stays injured.  

Wow The Qb was awful, but Edmonds showing today that he just might be the best play maker on team, even without the Qb producing. 

If im a DJ and I’m not, thank you Jesus, I would be very worried. 

21 minutes ago, weepaws said:

If im a DJ and I’m not...

Thank goodness.  I can't imagine how boring a rave would be with music by the Gaithers.

31 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Thank goodness.  I can't imagine how boring a rave would be with music by the Gaithers.

Cool. 

56 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Wow The Qb was awful, but Edmonds showing today that he just might be the best play maker on team, even without the Qb producing. 

Yep. Is Edmunds worth the top ww spot i have held all season (rolling format)?

Probably not unless DJ turns out to be really hurt, but i need to use it at some point 

When your opponent starts David Johnson and leaves Chase Edmunds and MVS on his bench:pointstosky:

39 minutes ago, cavern said:

Yep. Is Edmunds worth the top ww spot i have held all season (rolling format)?

Probably not unless DJ turns out to be really hurt, but i need to use it at some point 

Tough one , also depends on your roster. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Tough one , also depends on your roster. 

It's not a huge roster need. Holding the top ww ....I'm praying for a shaun Alexander (ricky watters). That might be the best one of all time

In that one i knew watters was down

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

I am a DJ owner and I'd say concerned, not worried.  Remember this was the Giants: ranked 28th overall on def, 25th v run, 32nd rush tds, 30th overall tds.  In a game where it was iffy DJ to play, looks like Edmonds got off to great start and they just let DJ rest.  

Course that's me as a DJ owner talking, we'll see how it plays out, but I think the extra rest w/him not having to do much this week will do him well and won't necessarily see a full blow RBBC moving forward.  

I do also own Edmonds so may even be better to have DJ sit extended time till he recovers.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:05 PM, NAn said:

ok I dont understand your logic here.

if hes the 5th ranked player in PPR, that places him at the end of the first round in most leagues.    7th ranked generally would go early to mid 2nd round pick.    This is because top ranked players in other positions go in round 1.  

Generally the first 6 picks in round 1 of any draft are game breakers.   the kind of player that can and does win games for you by themselves by getting in excess of 20 fantasy points.   you expect them to do  it 4 or 5 times a year usually and to have consistent output to the level that they perform well even if they dont act as a gamebreaker in that week.

Last year, DJ was consistently solid, but for the most part lacked the game breaking ability he has shown in the past.   I personally think the talent is still there, but playing on a crappy team with a terrible line means the holes just dont open up like they need to for him to go out and dominate a game for you week in and week out.

Thats the difference between a top 5 overall pick and a 2nd round pick.   and a late first or early second round pick is what DJ is.   I have him in one of my leagues.   Hes a RB1 but not an elite one. (not this year anyways)

yes he is an elite talent, but talent does not always translate to fantasy points.  especially when you are a RB playing on a crappy team with a terrible O line.

I think as this team improves, he will be that player again, but he cannot be working with negative game scripts as often as he has and the line has to be better than awful for this to happen as well.

6 hours ago, zftcg said:

Same here.  This sucks.  We need a clear started in this backfield next week.  It almost cost me a W today.

Have DJ and luckily picked up Edmonds just in case of WW last week. Whew.

Don’t have DJ but I started Edmonds, saw this coming a mile away. Gimpy game day decisions usually dissapoint. Expected a 50/50 split or close and got way more. Also Chase looks more explosive than DJ anyway.

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

ok I dont understand your logic here.

if hes the 5th ranked player in PPR, that places him at the end of the first round in most leagues.    7th ranked generally would go early to mid 2nd round pick.    This is because top ranked players in other positions go in round 1.  

Generally the first 6 picks in round 1 of any draft are game breakers.   the kind of player that can and does win games for you by themselves by getting in excess of 20 fantasy points.   you expect them to do  it 4 or 5 times a year usually and to have consistent output to the level that they perform well even if they dont act as a gamebreaker in that week.

Last year, DJ was consistently solid, but for the most part lacked the game breaking ability he has shown in the past.   I personally think the talent is still there, but playing on a crappy team with a terrible line means the holes just dont open up like they need to for him to go out and dominate a game for you week in and week out.

Thats the difference between a top 5 overall pick and a 2nd round pick.   and a late first or early second round pick is what DJ is.   I have him in one of my leagues.   Hes a RB1 but not an elite one. (not this year anyways)

yes he is an elite talent, but talent does not always translate to fantasy points.  especially when you are a RB playing on a crappy team with a terrible O line.

I think as this team improves, he will be that player again, but he cannot be working with negative game scripts as often as he has and the line has to be better than awful for this to happen as well.

Well if I pick a player 5th and all the consensus picks before him were all RBs and he performs as 5th best player at that position, I'm good with that.

It's been awhile since been in a snake draft or ppr league, but I'm not understanding somethings on your end...

What 11 players would/should have been drafted before DJ this year in ppr?

What 17 players would/should have been drafted before DJ this year in standard? (I mean really b/c he was 2 spots lower than 5th, that drops him down half a round?)

That could be crux of us not understanding each other's thinking.

It's David Johnson being David Johnson

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Don’t have DJ but I started Edmonds, saw this coming a mile away. Gimpy game day decisions usually dissapoint. Expected a 50/50 split or close and got way more. Also Chase looks more explosive than DJ anyway.

Except for last week when he was a game-time decision and finished with 100 YFS and 2 TDs.

Let’s be honest....this is likely to be a cluster for owners of both backs. 

Chase earned more playing time today, let there be no doubt.

As far as those of us who started Edmonds today, we got lucky....but need a little of that sometimes. I believe in his talent....in fact, he may well have elite fantasy capabilities. However, without an injury to DJ that actually puts him on the shelf, those elite capabilities probably won’t be realized this year....although he will be a fine weekly flex.

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

Except for last week when he was a game-time decision and finished with 100 YFS and 2 TDs.

Yes, while still gimpy. He wasn’t 100% then and wasn’t this week either. 

8 hours ago, NAn said:

I am a DJ owner and I'd say concerned, not worried.  Remember this was the Giants: ranked 28th overall on def, 25th v run, 32nd rush tds, 30th overall tds.  In a game where it was iffy DJ to play, looks like Edmonds got off to great start and they just let DJ rest.  

Course that's me as a DJ owner talking, we'll see how it plays out, but I think the extra rest w/him not having to do much this week will do him well and won't necessarily see a full blow RBBC moving forward.  

I do also own Edmonds so may even be better to have DJ sit extended time till he recovers.

Don’t know if I don’t see more of a RBBC, Edmonds had a great game, despite the fact that his Qb was awfull. 

But yet he was the whole offense and still was very productive. 

I don’t see him being wasted on the bench, Zona lacks playmakers, and Edmonds proved today he ready to be a big playmaker for them, I think DJ is the rb1 but Edmonds just earn a lot more playing time.