Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Kamara - "High Ankle Issue"

Gonna have to be watched very closely. He certainly looked extremely limited last week. Kinda hope they just put him on ice until after their week 9 bye, to get him plenty of time to mend. Of course, this is coming from a Lat Murray owner in multiple leagues.....but only own Kamara in one. This is the latest:

Tue, Oct 15

NFL Media's Tom Pelissero reports Alvin Kamara has "a high ankle-type issue" that will limit him in practice.

Advice: Kamara still believes he has "a shot to play" this Sunday against the Bears, but he's best viewed as questionable for now. The star running back was clearly slowed by his ankle injury last week, which led to a season-low 11 carries. If Kamara can't get healthy in time, Latavius Murray would slide into a featured role as a volume-based RB2 for fantasy purposes. Kamara's availability in practice this week will be extremely important for his Week 7 status.

More: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Tough injury to over come for a player that playes the style he playes. 

4 minutes ago, American Chewy said:

not sure i would even want to start lat murray at the bears anyway

Perhaps....although Josh Jacobs hung 30 ff points on them before the bye.

• Like 1

L Murray with Brees vs the Bears def is a go, not with teddy.  

40 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Perhaps....although Josh Jacobs hung 30 ff points on them before the bye.

The Raiders drafted Josh Jacobs 24th overall in the 1st round.

The Raiders drafted Latavius Murray 181st overall in the 6th round, and he's on his third team since then.

There might be a talent discrepancy to consider.

9 hours ago, AxeElf said:

The Raiders drafted Josh Jacobs 24th overall in the 1st round.

The Raiders drafted Latavius Murray 181st overall in the 6th round, and he's on his third team since then.

There might be a talent discrepancy to consider.

Tom Brady says hi 

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

Tough injury to over come for a player that playes the style he playes. 

Very true as he's a quick-cut player.  You can't do that without hurting the ankle even more.  I hope they sit him this week.  They have a lead in their division and a Bye coming soon.  Let him heal a week, two weeks, whatever it needs and have him ready for week 10 and beyond.  I need him on my team, but can likely win without him.  I want him healthy as possible for the fantasy playoffs though.  A lingering ankle issue typically means the player misses games at some point anyway, so why not sit him while Brees is out?

can't think of the run stuffer.....theres a lot of them on bears but this guy is a def lineman who is on IR till December could slightly help the Saints and possibly murray

Well, he's still practicing though limited. As of now, I believe he's playing. Murray will get a bump but there is enough time to get to at least marginally functional. The injury was late last week so he should be feeling improved from last week. Bears are without Hicks which is a big loss. Still a good D but certainly can be downgraded some. Their OL is also weakened. If the Saints keep playing strong D it could be like against the Jags where the run game stays relevant the whole game. 

No practice for Kamara on Wednesday and the team signed RB Zack Zenner. Not a good sign but we'll know more after Thursday and Friday's practice...

20 minutes ago, Pinesprings said:

Is Latavius Murray worth a start at Chicago over Ekeler at Tennessee or James White at NYJ ppr?

if Kamara is out?

Yes.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

At what point does a "high ankle issue" become a "low calf issue"?

When you are a 200 lb woman in a Muumuu eating bonbons and binge-watching old Dallas reruns. The two "issues" are then merged into a single condition known as Cankles. 

6 hours ago, Pinesprings said:

Is Latavius Murray worth a start at Chicago over Ekeler at Tennessee or James White at NYJ ppr?

if Kamara is out?

No

7 hours ago, Pinesprings said:

if Kamara is out?

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Yes.

59 minutes ago, weepaws said:

No

That's two indicators that Murray is worth the start.

Chicago losing Hicks is a big deal. He's a great bull rusher. Pretty much the only thing he's good at but that's what he does. Saints cut him because they wanted him to do more than bull rush but he got an attitude so they let him go. Without him, Saints RB's should in theory have more time to get open for dump offs. That's where Murray should have success and good for 6-8 PPR in passing alone. With likely an increase in runs. His floor is decent.

With a dinged up Kamara he still gets more work than likely White and Ekeler. Without Kamara, a lot more obviously. His ceiling, no telling. He has ran on some good defenses and did ok. He also had a couple monster runs called back. At some point it won't be called back. 

I'm putting him in my lineup.

Murray tends to have really good games when he's the backup RB and gets a game here and there on his own.  He was great in MN at times.  People tend to think he's just a backup scrub, but that just isn't the case with him.  He's a legit, very solid, backup.  Playing against Chicago isn't going to be great, but I'm still starting him if Kamara doesn't play.  The difference between he and Jacobs, who recently burned Chicago, is speed and shiftiness.  Murray is a RB with little wiggle or movement, but he plays hard and isn't easy to bring down. 

Murray should be a serve able rb this weekend vs the Bears. 

Cant expect a big game, but based ones roster he might be your best bet. 

I don't know...I think the Raiders just had a great game plan.  Also, arriving in London on Monday compared to the Bears getting there on Thursday probably helped.  Bilal Nichols is back for the Bears with a club on his hand...so I'm thinking he's gonna club Lat Murray and stuff him....like a Thanksgiving Day turkey.

will be debating murray vs coleman in flex this week.  murray should see nearly 20 touches one would think if kamara is out.  td chance isn't high though.   

The overreaction by local Bears fans and media has been pretty annoying. It came at a terrible time, the week before the bye. Nick Williams had a good game the week before filling in for Hicks and everyone was pleasantly surprised. He didn't play well against the Raiders so then that means he sucks... Besides the fact that every single defender came out flat and didn't play well, including Mack. 

I expect the D to come out hungry. I hope Kamara sits out so that he doesn't risk the Bears making his ankle worse. 

On 10/17/2019 at 6:41 AM, oldtimer said:

Murray tends to have really good games when he's the backup RB and gets a game here and there on his own.  He was great in MN at times.  People tend to think he's just a backup scrub, but that just isn't the case with him.  He's a legit, very solid, backup.  Playing against Chicago isn't going to be great, but I'm still starting him if Kamara doesn't play.  The difference between he and Jacobs, who recently burned Chicago, is speed and shiftiness.  Murray is a RB with little wiggle or movement, but he plays hard and isn't easy to bring down. 

Murray is kinda like Williams from Green Bay, with Willaims a little better at eluding/breaking tackles. They play the same.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 10:42 AM, bgard72 said:

I don't know...I think the Raiders just had a great game plan.  Also, arriving in London on Monday compared to the Bears getting there on Thursday probably helped.  Bilal Nichols is back for the Bears with a club on his hand...so I'm thinking he's gonna club Lat Murray and stuff him....like a Thanksgiving Day turkey.

Getting to England earlier than the other team has proven to be beneficial, the team that comes in a day or two before the game usually loses.

Kamara and Jared Cook OUT for Sunday per Mike Triplett. Fire up Lat Murray...

51 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Fire up Taysom Hill at RB.  Which QB gets the snap??  lol!

I've always fantasized about running a "wishbone" formation with a RB closest to the center, winged by a running QB (like Michael Vick or Lamar Jackson) on one side and a pocket passer (like Matt Schaub or Joe Flacco) on the other.

The snap could literally go to any one of the three, who could then a) pitch the ball to one of the other runners or passers, who could then run or pass, or b) run or pass the ball themselves.

The possibilities would be endless, all from the same pre-snap formation.  Pass rushers wouldn't know which side of the formation to rush, lateral/pass combos would be frequent, run/pass options would be complex...  It would be a nightmare to defend.

3 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Dwayne Washington RB thoughts?

I'm starting him!.... Because everyone else is dying in a deep league