Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Washington Nationals to the WS

Without the $300m man. Maybe in 13 years after Harper's contract is done the Phillies will be able to sign multiple good players and compete for the playoffs too.

Hahhaha.

Oh and...Bye-bye Cardinals, go fvck yourselves Cardinal fans. :wave:

Maybe I’ll buy same day tickets to a few games on Stubhub for $50. 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Maybe I’ll buy same day tickets to a few games on Stubhub for $50. 

Get 2 I'll pay for both.

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Get 2 I'll pay for both.

Heard they had same day box seats available online for $80 during the NLCS. 

Lol

Edit: Far as Bryce goes he hit 35 HRs and drove in 114 pretty much exactly what the Phils wanted out of him. Mats obviously didn’t need him and good for them. They’re a well run organization. Phillies are not.

The Cardinals shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs for ten years. 

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

Heard they had same day box seats available online for $80 during the NLCS. 

Lol

Not true. Standing room for 100 maybe. :dunno:

52 minutes ago, MDC said:

Just passing along what they were saying on The Good Phight podcast. Nats have had a rep for poor attendance this year. 16th in MLB despite winning 93 games.

Plenty of articles like this one:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1840992/amp

Attendance was down this year, that is true. 4K less a game than last year.  But that certainly hasn't translated to the playoffs.

A last thought on Harper.  He is so good than he can slump his way to a "great" season.  He has been a mercenary his whole life, from little league on.  Never trained to lead.  If the Phils are going to succeed with him they need a mentor/buddy for him.  In DC it was Werth.  Once Werth left, Harper reverted back to mercenary behavior.  Phils should go after Werth as a coach.

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Attendance was down this year, that is true. 4K less a game than last year.  But that certainly hasn't translated to the playoffs.

A last thought on Harper.  He is so good than he can slump his way to a "great" season.  He has been a mercenary his whole life, from little league on.  Never trained to lead.  If the Phils are going to succeed with him they need a mentor/buddy for him.  In DC it was Werth.  Once Werth left, Harper reverted back to mercenary behavior.  Phils should go after Werth as a coach.

I think Phillies fans have overstated it a little, but losing McCutchin was huge. Created a void at leadoff hitter and the OF, and he seemed like the veteran leader the team needed.

Phils are a dysfunctional poorly run organization. It’s sad but true.

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think Phillies fans have overstated it a little, but losing McCutchin was huge. Created a void at leadoff hitter and the OF, and he seemed like the veteran leader the team needed.

Phils are a dysfunctional poorly run organization. It’s sad but true.

True, losing Cutch was huge. He was on his way to a stellar season and they needed his leadership.

Just now, TimmySmith said:

True, losing Cutch was huge. He was on his way to a stellar season and they needed his leadership.

Yep. Don’t get me wrong though - Phillies suck. They haven’t developed a single reliably above average position player in over a decade. That’s why they have to buy a team in FA. The ownership and front office is a clown show. I wish we had the Phillies $ and willingness to spend along with the Nats or Braves FO.

43 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Are we talking about the same McCutchen?  The one that was hitting barely above .250?

I know that there are other "new" metrics, but I would like to see a lead-off hitter at least be above .290 or so...

2 hours ago, posty said:

Are we talking about the same McCutchen?  The one that was hitting barely above .250?

I know that there are other "new" metrics, but I would like to see a lead-off hitter at least be above .290 or so...

Runs scored will always be my metric of the effectiveness of a leadoff hitter.  Cutch was a lifetime 14% scorer R/PA, and was 17% this year.  15%+ is elite IMO.  For example Betts was a shade under 17% this year.

He also hit 10 HRs in 200 ABs with an OBP around .380 this year. The bigger issue is that the Phils had no other capable leadoff hitter and lost their other CF Herrera for the year to suspension. 

Someone let Posty know that BA doesn't matter anymore. I wish it did, but it doesn't. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Someone let Posty know that BA doesn't matter anymore. I wish it did, but it doesn't. 

I know it doesn't...  It should matter a lot more than what it does...

17 minutes ago, posty said:

I know it doesn't...  It should matter a lot more than what it does...

BA and strikeouts (batting, as a negative) have been thrown in the round file.  Winning a batting title will always mean something. But other than that. :dunno:

6 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

BA and strikeouts (batting, as a negative) have been thrown in the round file.  Winning a batting title will always mean something. But other than that. :dunno:

True, and I'm not a big fan of it, but  it I get it. With the shift and pitchers that pitch Middle in at 95 plus I get it. 

Nats have been hot. I threw a few bucks on them tonight against Cole with the slanted odds. Not touching the over/under. 6.5 runs. Yikes. 

6 hours ago, sderk said:

Nats have been hot. I threw a few bucks on them tonight against Cole with the slanted odds. Not touching the over/under. 6.5 runs. Yikes. 

That's right. 90 bucks richer. :thumbsup:

If you recall in geeklore, I sang the National Anthem in their park in DC a few years ago before the Nationals v Rockies game.  Preeetay, preetay, preetay cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mmmmm...beer said:

If you recall in geeklore, I sang the National Anthem in their park in DC a few years ago before the Nationals v Rockies game.  Preeetay, preetay, preetay cool.

I recall. That was awesome. 

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I recall. That was awesome. 

Same.  Good stuff, you should repost it mmm...beer.  :thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Same.  Good stuff, you should repost it mmm...beer.  :thumbsup:

I may... got my real name etc tho... sooooo.