Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Ramsey to the Rams

Eagles fans are ready to jump off a bridge, but Philly has way more issues than just corner. At that price LA can have him.

They got a bit of that back by trading Peters.  Rams are in win now mode with a short window before their cap situation destroys them.  Time to go big!

6 minutes ago, Kanil said:

They got a bit of that back by trading Peters.  Rams are in win now mode with a short window before their cap situation destroys them.  Time to go big!

What did they get back for Peters? A fifth and an LB?  Nothing.  They got less value from Peters and overpaid for Ramsey.  I think that they are panicking. 

36 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

What did they get back for Peters? A fifth and an LB?  Nothing.  They got less value from Peters and overpaid for Ramsey.  I think that they are panicking. 

Agreed, bad move.  Secondary isn't their problem, their o-line is not good.

As a 9'er fan, I love the move.

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Agreed, bad move.  Secondary isn't their problem, their o-line is not good.

As a 9'er fan, I love the move.

Well, now they will not have had a first round pick for 5 straight seasons (2017-2021).  

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Peters was playing like garbage and had a big price tag and they were hurting at LB.  Moving Peters allowed them to be able to afford upgrading to Ramsey.  Look for him to get a payday (which means Talib is probably gone after this year).  This puts them in a much better position going forward than being stuck with a CB that is way underperforming his contract (thus far at least).  Once Talib is healthy again, look for this D to be a TON better than they have been.  Wade Phillips with two lockdown corners is a monster and I think the Rams are a significantly better team than they were a week ago.

The Bears gave up 2 firsts, a third and a 6th for Mack, so it's not unheard of to pay that kind of price for an impact defensive player.  

53 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

WTF?!?

Has a non-QB ever gotten that kind of return on a trade? :unsure:

Herschel Walker?

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

The Bears gave up 2 firsts, a third and a 6th for Mack, so it's not unheard of to pay that kind of price for an impact defensive player.  

Oh yea, good point.

Remember when we gave up two 1st rounders for Joey Galloway?  :lol: ............................................. :cry:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Oh yea, good point.

Remember when we gave up two 1st rounders for Joey Galloway?  :lol: ............................................. :cry:

I've been trying to forget.

4 minutes ago, posty said:

Herschel Walker?

You know, that trade was so off the charts unbelievable, - I still have a hard time believing it really happened. :D

• Like 1

Anyway, bird in the hand I guess.  First round picks only have a 53% success rate.   They know they're getting a top NFL corner in Ramsey.  Still seems like a lot for him though.  

10 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Peters was playing like garbage and had a big price tag and they were hurting at LB.  Moving Peters allowed them to be able to afford upgrading to Ramsey.  Look for him to get a payday (which means Talib is probably gone after this year).  This puts them in a much better position going forward than being stuck with a CB that is way underperforming his contract (thus far at least).  Once Talib is healthy again, look for this D to be a TON better than they have been.  Wade Phillips with two lockdown corners is a monster and I think the Rams are a significantly better team than they were a week ago.

Peters was playing poorly.  However, they need to get something going with the offense too.  Giving up 2 first rounders for Ramsey and only getting a LB and a conditional pick for Peters (who is still thought of well in the league) was not a good haul.  

39 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Peters was playing poorly.  However, they need to get something going with the offense too.  Giving up 2 first rounders for Ramsey and only getting a LB and a conditional pick for Peters (who is still thought of well in the league) was not a good haul.  

They are definitely mortgaging their future to win now.  They're window is definitely now and will be gone in 2 or so years.  It's smart in some ways as they are currently trying to ensure they're the #1 team in LA.  Win early, build the fan base now rather than sucking like the Chargers and having 4 fans at the game.

10 hours ago, Kanil said:

Talib will be 34 coming of ANOTHER injury next year. He's done. Rams are done with that oline and no run game 

18 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Talib will be 34 coming of ANOTHER injury next year. He's done. Rams are done with that oline and no run game 

I didn't realize they had put Talib on IR... I thought he was out for 4-6 weeks.  Yeah, I agree, he's done.

3 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I didn't realize they had put Talib on IR... I thought he was out for 4-6 weeks.  Yeah, I agree, he's done.

He’s on IR but supposedly he could come back later this year. Whether he will or not is a different question