Sign in to follow this  
DonS

I finally dropped _____ and it feels great

Finally cut bait on OJ Howard.  What a waste of a draft pick. 

Who have you other guys recently sh1t canned? 

I keep seeing some trade rumors on Howard so I'm keeping him until then, but I'm going to throw a party the day I get to dump him.

Not a huge deal, but I recently dropped Kyle Rudolph.  I drafted him in my dynasty league his rookie season.  It feels weird cutting a player, even one that is totally useless now, after being on my roster for so many years.  Dead weight is dead weight though. 

Acid, and my Fantasy team has never looked better...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Keep getting offered Howard by the same team, guess he’s not wanting to cut bait without something in return. 

2 hours ago, DonS said:

2 hours ago, shutdown said:

I keep seeing some trade rumors on Howard so I'm keeping him until then, but I'm going to throw a party the day I get to dump him.

I held onto OJ to cover Waller's bye and I'm going to hold on just a bit longer in case there's any truth to these rumors. With Seattle losing Dissly for the season, an OJ Howard trade makes a lot of sense and would boost his fantasy value a ton. Patriots and Texans would also be great options. Could be nothing but I've held this long so might as well hold until the deadline. Historically huge trades aren't made but we saw a ton at last year's deadline (Amari Cooper the obvious one) and have already seen a few this year. 

44 minutes ago, purplengold47 said:

Damnn u guys dropped howard just now? I dropped him in week 3 when i realized that Arians offense never feature a TE. 

That was something I kept in mind when I kept seeing people signal this as the year where Howard steps solidly into the upper level of tier 2 tight ends, or even borderline tier 1.

I was willing to give Arians the benefit of the doubt to use his 3rd most talented player.  But apparently he's not interested in that.  Equally as problematic for Howard's production is that the he's the best blocker on the O-line.  He get far more playing time than Brate but they run routes on a similar number of passing plays, meaning Howard is staying in to block.

Tarik Cohen, I had a big hole at TE and had to drop him for Hunter Henry

I did not drop him but I finally traded hopkins and god I feel great. I felt like I HAD to run him out there each week. each week he was projected to score 20 plus. each week he sucked it up running short out routes while will fuller explodes. So happy to get that albatross off my team. what a waste. 

11 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I did not drop him but I finally traded hopkins and god I feel great. I felt like I HAD to run him out there each week. each week he was projected to score 20 plus. each week he sucked it up running short out routes while will fuller explodes. So happy to get that albatross off my team. what a waste. 

If anyone out there still owns Hopkins, he's a must-start this week.

Kilroy's trade history would suggest that Hopkins will go for 40 against the Colts.

Just now, AxeElf said:

If anyone out there still owns Hopkins, he's a must-start this week.

that in and of itself speaks volumes as to how far he has fallen.

24 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

For who? 

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

For who? 

The Kupp owner panicked after his 5 point game and the name value hopkins carries is still good. Plus rotoworld literally jock his each game. Ohhh this is gonna be the week he blows up. This is his get right game. 

Probably a good move shipping off Hopkins. He tends to have down YEARS, not games. Like in 2016

20 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

The Kupp owner panicked after his 5 point game and the name value hopkins carries is still good. Plus rotoworld literally jock his each game. Ohhh this is gonna be the week he blows up. This is his get right game. 

Wow you got Kupp for him, congrats great move. 

23 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Wow you got Kupp for him, congrats great move. 

Thanks His name value is worth way more than he actually is. 

This is where Axe Elf steps in and says that I am either in a 4 team league when I do good

orrrr

I am the worst player in the league of 1 when I do bad. lol

On 10/16/2019 at 7:30 AM, DonS said:

I did the same myself last night. Hopefully Herndon can run and catch like the unicorn that Gase thinks he is. Someone dropped him last week while in a bye week bind.  I spent $32/200 to hopefully fix my sad, pathetic TE position. (Graham being my other current option). 

This Rotoworld blurb from a week ago said Howard was dead last in blocking, which was strange to see:

Buccaneers OC Byron Leftwich said O.J. Howard's "time is coming."

But when? Howard has been among the year's biggest letdowns in fantasy, ranking 17th among tight ends in yards (141), 23rd in catches (11) and 26th in targets (14), all while garnering PFF's worst run-blocking grade out of 68 positional qualifiers. The 2017 first-rounder is still plenty talented, though obviously he's gone through some growing pains adjusting to Leftwich's new scheme. Maybe a second wind is coming, but at present, Howard is barely worth rostering, even at a sparse fantasy position.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/12163/oj-howard

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

This is where Axe Elf steps in and says that I am either in a 4 team league when I do good

orrrr

I am the worst player in the league of 1 when I do bad. lol

One would think you could be more accurate when Axe Elf has already responded to this trade in another thread, and his response was neither of those things.

Your response should have read, "This is where Axe Elf steps in and says..."

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

That was an awesome trade for you.  Congrats on playing with chimps.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

One would think you could be more accurate when Axe Elf has already responded to this trade in another thread, and his response was neither of those things.

Your response should have read, "This is where Axe Elf steps in and says..."

asss elf to the rescue 

2 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

asss elf to the rescue 

Please keep your sexual fantasies regarding Axe Elf to yourself.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:45 AM, My Ball Zach Ertz said:

AFTER WEEK 7, for me, it will be Brandin Cooks !!!!

I was able to find a trade partner. Got Devin Singletary. I'll give that a go! Otherwise Cooks would have been dropped soon.

On 10/17/2019 at 2:06 PM, uwmalcolm said:

I did the same myself last night. Hopefully Herndon can run and catch like the unicorn that Gase thinks he is. Someone dropped him last week while in a bye week bind.  I spent $32/200 to hopefully fix my sad, pathetic TE position. (Graham being my other current option). 

This Rotoworld blurb from a week ago said Howard was dead last in blocking, which was strange to see:

Buccaneers OC Byron Leftwich said O.J. Howard's "time is coming."

But when? Howard has been among the year's biggest letdowns in fantasy, ranking 17th among tight ends in yards (141), 23rd in catches (11) and 26th in targets (14), all while garnering PFF's worst run-blocking grade out of 68 positional qualifiers. The 2017 first-rounder is still plenty talented, though obviously he's gone through some growing pains adjusting to Leftwich's new scheme. Maybe a second wind is coming, but at present, Howard is barely worth rostering, even at a sparse fantasy position. 

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/12163/oj-howard

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/21/report-patriots-inquired-about-trade-for-buccaneers-te-o-j-howard/

The fact that the Pats were interested leads me to believe the Arians simply refuses to use a TE no matter what their potential may be.  I'm holding for one more week in case he gets traded anywhere, but after that I'll dump him, but I think that if NE feels he could be an asset to them, then hes a better player than we are seeing in Tampa for whatever reason.

Who did you replace Montgomery with? 

MVS out of necessity with Thielen and Keenan Allen hurt, I literally ran out of wide receivers because I have so many runningbacks on my bench compensating for Saquon's injury and Montgomery being terrible.

Latavious, Shady, Jordan Howard, and Jamaal Williams all made the cut over him. 

Our benches are pretty short... 12 team league with 13 roster spots.

Thank for the reply.