Big Guy

NFL Refs

Lot's of talk this Season and especially this week about the poor officiating in the NFL, I doubt it gets better anytime soon.

Here's a hot story to kick things off on a thread we'll most likely toss around here for years.

RUMOR: GAMBLER BET LARGE AMOUNTS OF CASH ON MULTIPLE NFL GAMES OFFICIATED BY CLETE BLAKEMAN’S CREW

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/10/15/rumor-gambler-bet-large-amounts-of-cash-on-multiple-nfl-games-officiated-by-clete-blakemans-crew/?fbclid=IwAR3g5BgG7e6CniI3dO5K8AoINmj5F0NlY4TMIvTEW0j_BAfnfTE-g0nmq8Q

I wonder if the progression of this getting worse can be traced to instant review in a rational way.....

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

I wonder if the progression of this getting worse can be traced to instant review in a rational way.....

I blame black people, libruls and fake news.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MDC said:

I blame black people, libruls and fake news.

Yes, but you are a racist, so I am not sure your position can be trusted.

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yes, but you are a racist, so I am not sure your position can be trusted.

You forgot to call me a race baiter and name caller. :thumbsup: 

Just now, MDC said:

I leave it to you, projection of your internal feelings is something we should leave to you.... :thumbsup:

Take it outside boys! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

don't forget pillow biter and pedo

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

don't forget pillow biter and pedo

Heroin using comic book store clerk is my favorite. :D 

• Like 1

There are more black refs than ever. Just sayin.  

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

There are more black refs than ever. Just sayin.  

And women.

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

And women.

Diversity. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Heroin using comic book store clerk is my favorite. :D 

Haven't heard that one in a while, I think that goes way back....maybe to Mephisto?

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Taking the ML on Packers at home vs Lions is hardly evidence of anything. 

you're right

1 hour ago, nzoner said:

From yesterday

That was good, loved the tweets as well

Also, that show is basically just us with microphones. light, etc.:D

• Like 1

I think the review rule is either being misused or has been trotted out as a pacifier, while they just let their mistakes stick.....as if to suggest that the bullsh!t "interpretation" is somehow accurate....:rolleyes:

• Like 1

My Cowboys are Marked Safe

From Bull$hit Calls Today 🚩

terrible call on the mayfield plunge on 4th down

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

terrible call on the mayfield plunge on 4th down

Absolutely terrible!   And now we see the result ( Bronco TD )

also just now a blatant hold on a Charger allows Rodgers to pass a TD

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Still stings a month later?

I call them as I see them

Yes it does btw........but I've hated the Packers most of my life, long before the Green & Gold privilege became common place.

The refs are making the games hard to watch....its like you are watching WWF wrestling where you know its fixed...

• Like 2

On 11/3/2019 at 8:57 PM, RLLD said:

its like you are watching WWF wrestling where you know its fixed...

No argument here,in fact go to a site like scores and odds some Sunday and write down the spreads and over/unders and then watch the games,highlights etc. and compare how many times a penalty results in keeping the aforementioned in play and bettors on the edge of their seats.It's gotten so bad IMO I'm even starting to question some of the play calling.

• Like 1

The Giants didn't lose because of the refs. Not by a damn sight. But the refs suck. The Giants sucked too, but so did they. I can only hope down the line if they are good again this crap gets sorted out. Because then I'll have to consider giving up on this incompetent, aggravating leauge that ruins the watching experience, every time. In the mean time, half the fans are going to be pissed in big games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Giants didn't lose because of the refs. Not by a damn sight. But the refs suck. The Giants sucked too, but so did they. I can only hope down the line if they are good again this crap gets sorted out. Because then I'll have to consider giving up on this incompetent, aggravating leauge that ruins the watching experience, every time. In the mean time, half the fans are going to be pissed in big games. 

Why do you think that is?  I think that there are quite a few factors that come into play into the referee suckiness, including:

-  there are a bunch of new guys.  The old guys are retiring and they are bringing in new guys who are probably not ready for the speed of the game

- review has made refs less firm in their calls.  They are told to not blow the whistle on fumbles/turnovers because they can always be reviewed

- there are a ton of camera angles with slow mo and high def.  Maybe the number of missed calls by refs are the same, but fans at home are not missing them anymore

Get rid of instant replay completely...  That has been the downfall of all sports...

If you have the crutch of instant replay, there is no reason to get better at their job...

35 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Why do you think that is?  I think that there are quite a few factors that come into play into the referee suckiness, including:

-  there are a bunch of new guys.  The old guys are retiring and they are bringing in new guys who are probably not ready for the speed of the game

- review has made refs less firm in their calls.  They are told to not blow the whistle on fumbles/turnovers because they can always be reviewed

- there are a ton of camera angles with slow mo and high def.  Maybe the number of missed calls by refs are the same, but fans at home are not missing them anymore

I think the biggest factor is that the refs are graded on every play. They should be graded on if the game was officiated well, not every play scrutinized. The ref gets a bad mark because he missed a holding call on a kick return on the other side of the field. So throw the flag and it's deemed they got the call right, his grade improves.   And the fans get pissed. But hey, the ref got it right. 

The two calls that led me to just say no to watching last years Superbowl

5 minutes ago, nzoner said:

And yet the guy that allegedly got hit early didn't even complain about it like everyone does when they get breathed on wrong...

On 10/16/2019 at 12:52 PM, Big Guy said:

Lot's of talk this Season and especially this week about the poor officiating in the NFL, I doubt it gets better anytime soon.

Here's a hot story to kick things off on a thread we'll most likely toss around here for years.

RUMOR: GAMBLER BET LARGE AMOUNTS OF CASH ON MULTIPLE NFL GAMES OFFICIATED BY CLETE BLAKEMAN’S CREW

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/10/15/rumor-gambler-bet-large-amounts-of-cash-on-multiple-nfl-games-officiated-by-clete-blakemans-crew/?fbclid=IwAR3g5BgG7e6CniI3dO5K8AoINmj5F0NlY4TMIvTEW0j_BAfnfTE-g0nmq8Q

I think you were onto something

On 11/5/2019 at 12:11 PM, nzoner said:

I didn’t remember that TB12 roughing on Jones.  Wow, that was brutal.

Seems as if they missed the PI on that play

• Sad 1