Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Anyone dropping Tyrell Williams?

This injury seems serious. DK Metcalf on my waiver wire...will probably replace with him.

Anyone else cutting bait?

He's not somebody I would hold onto if there is a decent option to replace him, I think that applies here

1 hour ago, DEEZNUTS said:

This injury seems serious. DK Metcalf on my waiver wire...will probably replace with him.

Anyone else cutting bait?

Did the exact same move today. 

After reading about D.K. Metcalf and Davante Adams both being on the waiver wire in three separate leagues in the last ten minutes, I can't wait until someone tries to impugn the level of competitive integrity in one of Axe Elf's leagues again.

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

After reading about D.K. Metcalf and Davante Adams both being on the waiver wire in three separate leagues in the last ten minutes, I can't wait until someone tries to impugn the level of competitive integrity in one of Axe Elf's leagues again.

I don't have a single league where either are available on the waiver wire.  Even their backups aren't on the WW.  The "best" WR on my current waiver wires is Chester Rogers in Indy.  lol  

Leagues aren’t all built the same, bench size or lack of one has a lot to do with it, and limited f/a moves.  

So let’s not compare everyone ones league to each other. 

Thanks. 

i dropped him today. Need an empty spot to pickup another defense when the Saints are on a bye week 9. Thinking of Denver vs Cleveland or Seattle vs Tampa Bay. Leaning Denver defense.

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Leagues aren’t all built the same, bench size or lack of one has a lot to do with it, and limited f/a moves.  

So let’s not compare everyone ones league to each other. 

Thanks. 

We can absolutely make comparisons among leagues, and if you're not in a 4 team league with 3 player benches, Davante Adams should not be on the waiver wire (and even then it's questionable).

It's especially annoying when people suggest that Axe Elf's domination of the fantasy football universe must mean he's playing in novice leagues, and then have the same people talk about guys like Metcalf and Adams sitting on their waiver wire for the taking.

Now we know where the real amateurs are playing, so I don't want to see people go talking above their depth any more.

If you don’t want to see it, please leave. 

I don’t know about Adams being on a f/a list, but you do play in preseason mock leagues that’s already been established by you already. 

And you can’t compare any leagues based on bench depth and scoring systems. 

Annoying lol.  

Bye. 

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

If you don’t want to see it, please leave. 

...or mercilessly taunt those who do it.  Yeah, I think I'll do that instead.

I don’t know about Adams being on a f/a list, but you do play in preseason mock leagues that’s already been established by you already. 

Um, no it hasn't.  Mock drafts aren't leagues; Draft Master/Best Ball leagues aren't mock drafts.

And you can’t compare any leagues based on bench depth and scoring systems. 

Watch me.

Bye. 

Toodles.

This subject seems to come up a lot in this forum. Bottom line, weepaws is right. Guys are available because some leagues have limited roster spots. My league is a 12 team league that starts 9, and has 6 bench spots. 15 total spots. A lot of leagues have 20-22 total spots. If we had that many bench spots, these guys would be rostered. It's no judgment on anyone's league but let's get past the whole "I can't believe ______ is available in your league". We have roster limitations which makes us choose wisely when we pick up waivers. 

6 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

This subject seems to come up a lot in this forum. Bottom line, weepaws is right. Guys are available because some leagues have limited roster spots. My league is a 12 team league that starts 9, and has 6 bench spots. 15 total spots. A lot of leagues have 20-22 total spots. If we had that many bench spots, these guys would be rostered. It's no judgment on anyone's league but let's get past the whole "I can't believe ______ is available in your league". We have roster limitations which makes us choose wisely when we pick up waivers. 

That applies to fringe players like Kenyan Drake or Cole Beasley, but I can't even imagine Davante Adams being on the waiver wire in a 4 team league that starts 2 WRs and no Flex with 3 player benches--he's a top 10 WR who had 10 catches for 180 yards in the game he got hurt--and he'll be back in a week or two.

Leagues are different in size and roster space--duh--but there's just no reason for Davante Adams to be on the waiver wire other than that you are playing with chimps.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

That applies to fringe players like Kenyan Drake or Cole Beasley, but I can't even imagine Davante Adams being on the waiver wire in a 4 team league that starts 2 WRs and no Flex with 3 player benches--he's a top 10 WR who had 10 catches for 180 yards in the game he got hurt--and he'll be back in a week or two.

Leagues are different in size and roster space--duh--but there's just no reason for Davante Adams to be on the waiver wire other than that you are playing with chimps.

Devante Adams - I agree with. No question. 

I had planter flacties (or whatever) as a 55 year  old runner I ran through  it with no doctors visits ,it's painful but shoot it up and play through it.

That’s exactly what it comes down to, how much pain can Adams play with. 

1 hour ago, Ramrock said:

I had planter flacties (or whatever) as a 55 year  old runner I ran through  it with no doctors visits ,it's painful but shoot it up and play through it.

33 minutes ago, weepaws said:

That’s exactly what it comes down to, how much pain can Adams play with. 

I think he was talking about the topic of this thread--Tyrell Williams, who has plantar fascitis.

Adams too, but that's a different player with a different injury for a different thread.

I cut bait with Tyrell. I just don’t have the bench space to carry an injured player with bye weeks coming up. He hasn’t practiced at all, and Gruden said the injury isn’t getting any better.  Tyrell probably won’t be back until mid-November at this rate.

I’m interested to see which wideout emerges out of that unit. My bet is Trevor Davis.

Just cut Williams to make room for K. Allen.  With Majomes injury, and my bench QB Dalton, I can't carry Williams any longer.  Now carrying 4 QB's, Majomes, Dalton, Newton, and Allen, so Williams is out.  Gruden did not sound very optimistic about Williams. 

14 minutes ago, MissionCoach said:

Just cut Williams to make room for K. Allen. 

Yeah, Keenan Allen is way better than Williams.  Good waiver add.