Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Player you weren't so sure about that has paid off

What player did you select that you had some big questions about going into the season that has lived up to your hopes?

I have to say on 3 of my teams it's Leonard Fournette, he looked as if he could go the way of Trent Richardson but has pleasantly been a steady starting RB for my teams.

Honorable mention goes to Mark Ingram, who I have put into my starting line up week 1 and he's done good enough to stay

How about your team?

Chris Godwin for me.  I hoard up on running backs early - Godwin was a nice middle round pick up!  

• Like 1

Gore, I didn’t draft him but picked up after he was released after week 2. 

Hes been a good not great but good flex play for me in my non ppr league. 

• Thanks 1

For me, there were a few.  McLaurin and Chark because I typically don't draft anyone based on hype, but both local newspapers said they were the real deal, so almost every redraft team I own has them both.

The biggest early round selection I had major questions about was C. Carson.  I've never owned him and typically avoid the Seattle backfield.  I always go RB heavy early in my drafts and took him as my 3rd RB in many of them.  Definitely a pick I'm happy with thus far. 

• Like 1

Andrews. I did like him, but after I ended up with him on two different teams I was worried I was a little overinvested given the risk. He's paid off handsomely (and in one of the leagues I was able to parlay him and Juju into Michael Thomas).

Also got Singletary on two teams. I was initially really low on him -- some analysts who I really trust were saying his combine numbers indicated poor production and I normally shy away from guys based purely on their situation. But I viewed the fact that they released Shady right before the season as a huge vote of confidence in him, and that was enough to tip the scales in his favor. Obviously, the jury is still somewhat out on him based on his injury and Gore's production, but I at least feel like I have a promising lottery ticket for the rest of the season, and even based on the limited sample I feel much more optimistic than I did on draft day.

Fournette easily for me. I wasn't one of those burned by him in the past as I've never owned him but the injuries and the offense did scare me a bit. But when round 3 came around and I saw the last remaining bellcow available I had to take him. While he hasn't been scoring TD's he has surprisingly been a more than adequate pass catcher and his volume is just insane.

4 hours ago, jocstrap said:

Chris Godwin for me.  I hoard up on running backs early - Godwin was a nice middle round pick up!  

I've picked him too and he's been a savior for me on a dynasty team where I was very suspect at WR.

I had Tyler Boyd, who has been pretty good too, and Calvin Ridley, and that was it. Godwin is the top WR in that league going into the week.

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Gore, I didn’t draft him but picked up after he was released after week 2. 

Hes been a good not great but good flex play for me in my non ppr league. 

On another dynasty team, I play in 4 dynasty leagues, I had Zeke at RB and that was it. I picked Gore up going into week 3 I think it was, and he's been a steady RB2 for me