Sign in to follow this  
sderk

How Elizabeth Warren could 'vaporize' America's oil boom

Good, Pocahontas is making another enemy.

And WTF is with people thinking they can control the climate? How could you possibly vote for someone who thinks they can control how the planet functions?

What a fvcking loon. I would rather vote in the "we have to eat our babies" lady. At least she has both a sense of humor and a keen eye for the idiots in the government.

Elizabeth Warren doesn't just pose a threat to Wall Street. Her rising 2020 polling numbers are also striking fear in the heart of Big Oil.

Warren, currently the odds-on favorite to be the Democratic presidential nominee, wants to ban fracking "everywhere." And the Massachusetts senator pledged to immediately sign an executive order to stop all new offshore drilling leases. Both steps go further than her main rival, former Vice President Joe Biden.

Warren's aggressive plan for fighting the climate crisis could have profound consequences for the oil and gas industry. Although an outright fracking ban seems unlikely to get through Congress and the courts, such a move would halt America's historic shale oil boom in its tracks, drive up gasoline prices, threaten good-paying jobs and make the nation more dependent on foreign oil.

"It would vaporize the oil and gas boom in the United States," said Bob McNally, president of Rapidan Energy Group, a consulting firm that advises energy companies and investors. "There is palpable concern in the oil and gas industry."...

…"Taking bold action to confront the climate crisis is as important — and as urgent — as anything else the next president will face. We cannot wait," Warren wrote in a Medium post last month.....

…..A 2017 study paid for by the American Petroleum Institute found that a fracking ban would cause the loss of nearly 6 million jobs and lift household energy spending by $4,500 a year.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/how-elizabeth-warren-could-vaporize-americas-oil-boom/ar-AAIW1M1?ocid=ientp

• Thanks 1

The only thing preventing me from totally enjoying the lunacy on display in the Dem primaries is the knowledge of how serious the stakes are and the thought that  whoever emerges has a descent chance of winning.

I don’t like to use the word kvnt when speaking of Warren because that word is too complimentary. I need to find a word much more vulgar. A word that captures the ugliness of her face and tells her to get back to the kitchen and make someone a sammich. 

51 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Still zero proof that any response to "climate change" will have an effect. But, you know, science.

Yep. Cause science is based on feelings. And boy do the lefties in this country have a lot of feelings. 

Maybe if Pocahontas started smoking a long pipe she would look more Indian. She can do an add about climate change that just shows a windy day in the northeast and then she turns her head and a tear is falling from her right eye. That would be powerful. 

Seems obvious to me that the neo fascists have concocted climate change in order to run for office on fixing it.  Talk about the Emperor's new clothes.  Ridiculous.  And there will be no end to "fixing" a problem that can only be seen through lefty glasses.

The number of people who think like her is troublesome though.  

My son had to ask 5 adults what they think the world’s biggest problem is. 3 of his teachers said man made global warming. 

24 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Seems obvious to me that the neo fascists have concocted climate change in order to run for office on fixing it.  Talk about the Emperor's new clothes.  Ridiculous.  And there will be no end to "fixing" a problem that can only be seen through lefty glasses.

Throw racism in that boat too. 

It just means that we would get more power from coal. It would have the opposite effect of what she would want.

5 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

It just means that we would get more power from coal. It would have the opposite effect of what she would want.

...most forecasters expect the world's appetite for oil will rise for many years, if not decades. And even Warren's own energy plan doesn't call for 100% zero emissions for new vehicles until 2030.

That means diminished domestic oil production would likely make America more dependent on foreign crude, undoing its strides toward energy independence.

"It's not going to reduce consumption," said Bush. "It just means we'd be buying more oil from overseas. I don't think anybody wants that."

8 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Not if there is a moratorium on mining coal.

I know it's already been posted here but I can't get enough of this one. Look forward to seeing those debates when they decide to bring it to the forefront.

Elizabeth Warren Releases $1.5 Trillion Plan to Combat 'Environmental Racism'

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2019/10/10/elizabeth-warren-plan-to-combat-environmental-racism-n2554494

8 minutes ago, sderk said:

I know it's already been posted here but I can't get enough of this one. Look forward to seeing those debates when they decide to bring it to the forefront.

Elizabeth Warren Releases $1.5 Trillion Plan to Combat 'Environmental Racism'

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2019/10/10/elizabeth-warren-plan-to-combat-environmental-racism-n2554494

You know what's happening, right?  Neo fascists are selling this climate change agenda and their own people aren't buying it.  So they have to throw "racism" in to appeal to the white guilt and make sure their own people don't defect on the issue.  Keeping their peeps in line.

It's a good thing poor people all have fancy electric cars, otherwise they would be seriously hurt by high gas prices.

8 minutes ago, DonS said:

It's a good thing poor people all have fancy electric cars, otherwise they would be seriously hurt by high gas prices.

Clearly you are a racist.....😂

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

You know what's happening, right?  Neo fascists are selling this climate change agenda and their own people aren't buying it.  So they have to throw "racism" in to appeal to the white guilt and make sure their own people don't defect on the issue.  Keeping their peeps in line.

You are all in on calling people neo fascists.  

26 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

You are all in on calling people neo fascists.  

The threat of ostracizing people to get them to stay in line.  The shoe fits.  If fixing climate change is so good an idea, why would they shoehorn racism with it.  Because it's a lousy idea but they have to keep people like you on board with it.

• Thanks 1