Sign in to follow this  
pipeman

Anyone starting Singletary?

At home vs. Miami? I know there's a good chance he's on a snap count with his first game back, but my gut is telling me to roll with him over Montgomery in my full PPR. 

I am. I don’t know if I buy the snap count suggestion. He’s missed 3 games and had a bye week, so had a month to recover from a hamstring. He should be good to go. And when you consider Gore is 36 and Buffalo is a potential play-off team, I’m not sure it makes sense to keep pounding Gore. Would make sense in an easy matchup to give Singletary plenty of opportunity to get back to game speed. Still think he has fewer carries than Gore but he’ll get his opportunities. Just my opinion. 

I think both he and Gore, possibly even Yeldon, could have good games against Miami.  Miami is just that bad.  I'm using Gore at my Flex spot in one league this week simply because it's Miami.  I lean a bit in the opposite direction as the post above.  I see no reason to use Singletary plenty against Miami in his first game back for a potential playoff team.  He certainly shouldn't be needed, so why would they risk aggravating his hammy again in a game they should easily dominate?  He will get some carries, but I think it would be unwise to risk the guy you are absolutely going to need down the stretch in a game they should win handily. 

It all depends if his hammy is still a risk. He’s practised in full this week, which suggests he’s fully healed. I agree they need him down the stretch, but they equally need Gore with his experience, and 36-year-old starters are likely to regress towards the end of the season, especially if they’re getting 20+ touches in a game that should be an easy win. I can see both sides, and I think both are solid starts.

• Like 1

When you have a legitimate option like Montgomery, who's a solid bet for 10-12 fantasy points per outing, I probably wouldn't risk starting Singletary just yet.

18 hours ago, pipeman said:

At home vs. Miami? I know there's a good chance he's on a snap count with his first game back, but my gut is telling me to roll with him over Montgomery in my full PPR. 

Oh wow this is a great question, and a tough one to answer. 

Thanks for it. 

First game back And Singletary gets the Dolphins, great matchup.  

Montgomery vs the Saints good run d.  

I think both will have tough games, Montgomery because the Bears have problems on offense, and Cohen I think will continue playing more in the passing game, Singletary could produce vs this poorest Dolphins def. 

With all that said, I don’t think that the Bills well need to pass much, I think Gore will get the majority of the rush att, not all but majority of them, I’m going Montgomery.