Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Darnold ROS

After this week he’s got an extremely easy schedule ROS. Maybe the easiest for all QBs.  I could see him as a top 10 QB rest of the way starting next week. Anyone else think so?

48 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

After this week he’s got an extremely easy schedule ROS. Maybe the easiest for all QBs.  I could see him as a top 10 QB rest of the way starting next week. Anyone else think so?

Aside from the schedule he’s also a very talented player primed for a breakout.

i actually go higher and think he is top 5 ros.

I grabbed him to block the mahomes owner.

Going to stream allen this week...darnold for about 6 or 7 weeks.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

I'll take the over on top 5, top 10 may even be a stretch great schedule and all...

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I'll take the over on top 5, top 10 may even be a stretch great schedule and all...

Looking around the league at the qb position and his schedule it’s very much in the realm

Anything is possible, If there was a way for me to bet the other side of top 5, I would bet the HOUSE....

We're talking about Sam DARNOLD...  of the JETS... right?

Top 5 QB ROS?????

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I will be bold and say, right here.......right now,   J E T S   jets jets jets.  The Jets beat New England.

........and I'll be back Monday to either eat crow or CROW.

52 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Would you like that with a baked potato or a dinner salad?

The Two Crows from Tacos.........circa 1956.   Look it up I am too old to figure out how to post it.  They were the drunk cartoon crows.  If I lose I would like it with bourbon........and I like bourbon so even if I lose I win.  It was a trap game for Dallas, and it wasn't something Belicheck didn't see, but I think The jets have a shot with an agressive adams sacking Brady.  Brady has not played well, or Brady like this year.

Seems a little overly optimistic up in here, but am gonna be rolling him and/or Josh Allen whilst Mahomie is out.

Anderson, DT, Crowder and Bell are legit weapons. However, that defense is also capable, so I don't foresee many shootouts. Bell is getting ready to eat.

23 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Whatev.

Are you the same "Remote Controller" that was on the Sports Outlaw team that Axe Elf led to victory in the Interboard League some six or seven years ago?

Or do I have you confused with another Remote Controller...?

On 10/18/2019 at 5:13 PM, AxeElf said:

Are you the same "Remote Controller" that was on the Sports Outlaw team that Axe Elf led to victory in the Interboard League some six or seven years ago?

Or do I have you confused with another Remote Controller...?

Yes.   I was on two FFToday Championship teams years ago also.  

33 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Yes.   I was on two FFToday Championship teams years ago also.  

Cool, welcome to the "IBL Winners with Multiple Boards" club!

On 10/18/2019 at 8:18 AM, SexyRexy said:

Look man, I'm not sure the sample size is sufficient to call this kid top 5.

even top 10 is pushing it.

Last year, (his rookie year) he had 4 good games out of roughly 12 starts.

as a rookie, this isnt really unexpected.   Lots of rookies have a hard time in year 1.

so far this year he has had 2 starts.  one in week 1 where he wasnt very good.  and one last week where he was good.

the truth is we havnt seen enough of him to determine how good he is (or isnt) yet.

I agree, last week he looked better than he did most of last year, but this is only one start.

At this point, hes a player of interest who should be on your bench in deeper leagues or who should be on the wire and picked up for select matchups.  If you feel he has potential, you stick him on your bench until he proves himself to a point where you are comfortable starting him but as of now, hes not a player I'd start on my team.

Player of interest.  yes.

good potential.  yes.

but this is too much too soon given the body of work

On 10/18/2019 at 8:29 AM, RedzoneMonster said:

I could see him as a top 10 QB rest of the way starting next week. Anyone else think so?

On 10/18/2019 at 9:18 AM, SexyRexy said:

On 10/18/2019 at 10:03 AM, LaChup said:

Top 5-10 for sure.

On 10/18/2019 at 3:49 PM, remote controller said:

I will be bold and say, right here.......right now,   J E T S   jets jets jets.  The Jets beat New England.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:47 AM, My Ball Zach Ertz said:

Best since Y.A. Tittle....

Is the party over yet?

Well, in fairness, it is the Patriots he is playing.

Putrid, nevertheless.

I would still consider starting him in a pinch in quality matchups.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:18 AM, SexyRexy said:

I like Darnold, however, top 5 ros is not likely to happen.  I agree he's talented and I was hoping the Browns would have taken him over Mayfield, but whatever.  His issue is going to be the offensive line giving him enough time to throw the ball.  People got excited about the Dallas game, but Dallas flat out blew their coverage on the Anderson TD, which accounted for 92/93 yards of his on the day.  I think he has a chance to finish top 10 the remainder of the year, but it's more likely going to be in the 10-15 range.  Look at the QB's who he will have to outpoint to be anywhere near the top 5:  Cousins, who is on a 3 game tear and the offense has learned what play action means.  R. Wilson, who always seems to be around the top of the fantasy QB charts.  Ryan Tannehill, no this isn't a joke.  He could finish in the 12-15 range with his WR's and running game, IF he keeps the job.  Jameis Winston can be a solid QB down the stretch in leagues that do not count interceptions, turnovers and idiocy.  Kyler Murray should easily be top 10, even with a much tougher schedule than Darnold.  Drew Brees will be back in a couple weeks and will almost certainly be top 10 upon his return.  Jared Goff is struggling a bit, but do you think Darnold outperforms him?  I don't.  Carson Wentz is also having issues, but I see no way in Hades he is outdone by Darnold the rest of the season.  Josh Allen in Buffalo isn't lighting up the scoreboard, but does have the 2nd easiest schedule in football the remainder of the season and he can score point by running as well, so I think he and Darnold could be very close in numbers.  Philip Rivers always seems to have a legit 2nd half resurgence and well outperform his early season miscues.  Matt Stafford has done very well and I cannot see Darnold touching his numbers, especially with Kerryon out for a spell.  Jacoby B. isn't finishing behind Darnold.  He's proven himself to be a starter in the NFL and his HC knows how to use him.  D. Watson isn't finishing behind Darnold either.  Even if Fuller misses the next month, he still has Hopkins, Stills and KeKe.  Tom Brady is old, but not finished yet.  The addition of Sanu and the return of Neal gives them depth they've lacked all season to go along with a super easy remaining schedule.  Mahomes will be back in a couple weeks and Darnold isn't touching his numbers.  Aaron Rodgers is finally looking like Aaron Rodgers and I don't see Darnold coming close to his numbers either.  Dak Prescott and L. Jackson should both easily outpoint him as well. 

In short, I think he "can" finish in the top ten, but find it MUCH more likely he finishes in the 10-15 range, finishing closer to being 15th than 10th.  It's not his lack of talent, but the QB position in fantasy is super deep and out of those listed above, I think there are only 2 he has a realistic shot of surpassing the rest of the way. 

On 10/18/2019 at 3:49 PM, remote controller said:

who hacked me???

On 10/21/2019 at 6:55 PM, AxeElf said:

Not.....

Even..... 

Close..... 

Bud.....

Is the party over yet?