Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Patrick Mahomes - Dislocated Kneecap

MRI coming today, but it sounds like we're looking at least 3 weeks with surgery required at some point, either now or at the end of the season. 

Those that drafted him early have to be ill right now.  I hate to imagine the Chiefs without him, but can see McCoy's production and involvement going way up with Moore at QB. 

I see his involvement going way up but production, hmmmmmmmmmmm....................what's gonna happen when other team's key on McCoy? Moore isn't going to beat anybody and other teams won't fear him. Maybe time for Mahome and McCoy owners to do some real owning now, having to watch waiver wires, drop/pickup, etc.............................kinda like what happened to Houston when Watson goes down-production does too.

27 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Defenses can’t key on McCoy with Hill and Kelce roaming around 

Only if Moore can consistently show he can get them the ball. Teams could scheme to stop run until he shows he can do so.  
Aside from all that have u seen the running numbers even with Mahomes?  Their just not doing it and when they are not being very successful.  Be interesting to see what Reid does.

• Thanks 1

packers, vikes, titans, chargers are next 4 Chiefs games....they can get 2 maybe 3 wins out of those with the expectation Mahomes comes back in 3-4 weeks.... MRI is scheduled to be done in about 50 minutes from now so we'll find out soon.... 

59 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Defenses can’t key on McCoy with Hill and Kelce roaming around 

You can't believe that Moore is gonna get them the ball the way that Mahomes was. Other teams are gonna stack the middle and force KC to throw. Plus Kelce was limping around toward the end of the game last night too.

Moore get them the ball like Mahomes? Somebody posted that?

Offense will take a hit but IMO the passing game will be good enough where they aren’t stacking against McCoy. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Moore get them the ball like Mahomes? Somebody posted that?

Offense will take a hit but IMO the passing game will be good enough where they aren’t stacking against McCoy. 

Defenses can't key on McCoy with Kelce and Hill roaming around? Did somebody really post that? What was said was "you CAN'T BELIEVE that Moore is gonna get them the ball like Moore did". Brush up on reading/comprehension skills maybe? Have a good day...........................

I have some English teachers to recommend, they are overseas teaching in other countries right now but can connect with you via Skype. Will send a PM in a bit. 

51 minutes ago, NAn said:

Only if Moore can consistently show he can get them the ball.

Didn't that happen already?

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

One time is consistently?

I don't believe the sky is falling with Moore.   Big Red needs to really earn his paycheck the next few weeks,  and everyone else will need to step up as well,  but KC can gameplan for life without Pat and Matt Moore could be fine over that that time as he's getting reps with the 1st team all week long. 

15 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Wow, jump on it. Yours and Moore's claim to fame.............consistency? ONE time? HAHAHA

20 minutes ago, NAn said:

One time is consistently?

7 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Wow, jump on it. Yours and Moore's claim to fame.............consistency? ONE time? HAHAHA

Jeez, how many 50+ yard TDs does Moore have to hit Hill with per game before it becomes a real threat?

Y'all are a tough crowd...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AxeElf said:

Jeez, how many 50+ yard TDs does Moore have to hit Hill with per game before it becomes a real threat?

HAHA Axe, have a good one! Good luck this week.

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

TWO.

Then I’ll officially be on the Matt Moore bandwagon!

I bet they keep him out through the bye week which would give him 6 weeks recovery.  If they lose the next 3 games then I wouldn’t be surprised to see him vs the Chargers in 4 games.  

26 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

I bet they keep him out through the bye week which would give him 6 weeks recovery.  If they lose the next 3 games then I wouldn’t be surprised to see him vs the Chargers in 4 games.  

👍

4 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

I see his involvement going way up but production, hmmmmmmmmmmm....................what's gonna happen when other team's key on McCoy? Moore isn't going to beat anybody and other teams won't fear him. Maybe time for Mahome and McCoy owners to do some real owning now, having to watch waiver wires, drop/pickup, etc.............................kinda like what happened to Houston when Watson goes down-production does too.

Mahomes owners may have to do this, but McCoy owners got him between the 11th & 12th rounds.  I pray they had other RB's drafted in those rounds prior to selecting McCoy.  lol  He is my 4th RB, at best, on my squads.  Now may be the time to push his involvement and work on a trade, if anything.  He still has some wiggle in his game, although not much.  I am counting on Moore dumping off more passes to the RB's though. 

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Did you not actually watch that play?  That wasn't Moore, it was Hill.  lol  Sure, Moore threw the ball, but how much of that TD belongs in the "Matt Moore" Hall of Fame section?  Not much.

54 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

I hope this is the case.  As a St. Louis guy, we root for the Chiefs with the Rams skipping town.  I'd like to see them bring him back only when he's healthy enough to not do further damage to himself. 

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Did you not actually watch that play?  That wasn't Moore, it was Hill.  lol  Sure, Moore threw the ball, but how much of that TD belongs in the "Matt Moore" Hall of Fame section?  Not much.

He placed the ball perfectly so that Hill could catch it in stride. Harris prob tackles him if Hill has to slow down at all. 

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

He placed the ball perfectly so that Hill could catch it in stride. Harris prob tackles him if Hill has to slow down at all. 

I get what you are saying, but watch that entire play.  Hill is the one who worked to get open and it wasn't an easy thing to do.  Moore did hit his guy for what should have been a 24 yard completion.  The rest of that play is all Hill, as was the unbelievable job of finding that open spot.  Hill was open.  It isn't like Moore did anything on that play that another QB couldn't have done.  Watch it again a few times.  You'll see Hill just doing Hill things, making it look like Moore is a decent option.  lol

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It doesn't look like you watched the play.  That was as the new term goes, dropping a dime.

24 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Sure, Moore threw the ball...

Well I don't expect Moore to throw the ball AND catch it.

Moore did the part of the QB, and Hill did the part of the WR.

That's what we're talking about here--can Moore do the part of the QB?

On that play, yes.

12 minutes ago, remote controller said:

It doesn't look like you watched the play.  That was as the new term goes, dropping a dime.

Sort of an old term, but I understand.  It's ok to agree to disagree.  We aren't arguing.  lol  I just see how difficult that route was and cannot sit here and say that is a sign that Moore will be a competent QB in the stead of Mahomes.

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Sort of an old term, but I understand.  It's ok to agree to disagree.  We aren't arguing.  lol  I just see how difficult that route was and cannot sit here and say that is a sign that Moore will be a competent QB in the stead of Mahomes.

agree........but remember not many back up quarterbacks or even starters on many teams are prepared to drop a pass on a guy with nthat kind of speed and he hit him hot with absolutley no work with him during the week to prepare.  The guys who will suffer will be the 4th, 5th , and 6th options.   Demarcus, Pringle and Mecole.  Kelse, Hill and maybe Watkins should be targeted well.  (I know I said Watkins)   I feel Reid puts in some new hitches to a few backs and maybe even Mecole.

1 minute ago, remote controller said:

agree........but remember not many back up quarterbacks or even starters on many teams are prepared to drop a pass on a guy with nthat kind of speed and he hit him hot with absolutley no work with him during the week to prepare.  The guys who will suffer will be the 4th, 5th , and 6th options.   Demarcus, Pringle and Mecole.  Kelse, Hill and maybe Watkins should be targeted well.  (I know I said Watkins)   I feel Reid puts in some new hitches to a few backs and maybe even Mecole.

This is why I like this site.  You mentioned something I had not thought of; Reid.  The guy is a genius as an offensive mastermind.  He will, if nothing else, put Moore in a position to not lose the games. 

One factor that I haven't heard discussed is the fact that a Mahomie-led KC offense was struggling mightily to run the ball or keep him upright long enough to be Showtime. The line has been a sieve, and very poor at run-blocking, as well. Yes, having Hill back certainly helps matters....but as a Mahomie owner in nearly every league, I will not be rushing out to snag Moore. Not to say that KC won't steal a game or two in his absence, but I believe that this offense struggles in every area....except Buttkicker.

9 minutes ago, stonewall said:

One factor that I haven't heard discussed is the fact that a Mahomie-led KC offense was struggling mightily to run the ball or keep him upright long enough to be Showtime. The line has been a sieve, and very poor at run-blocking, as well. Yes, having Hill back certainly helps matters....but as a Mahomie owner in nearly every league, I will not be rushing out to snag Moore. Not to say that KC won't steal a game or two in his absence, but I believe that this offense struggles in every area....except Buttkicker.

They were protecting him vs. Denver a little better.  I feel they will scheme the run game back some.  Tyreek hill is pretty good at keeping defensive backfields honest and he was the missing piece for the running game, IMHO.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I get what you are saying, but watch that entire play.  Hill is the one who worked to get open and it wasn't an easy thing to do.  Moore did hit his guy for what should have been a 24 yard completion.  The rest of that play is all Hill, as was the unbelievable job of finding that open spot.  Hill was open.  It isn't like Moore did anything on that play that another QB couldn't have done.  Watch it again a few times.  You'll see Hill just doing Hill things, making it look like Moore is a decent option.  lol

I would argue that some qbs can't make that pass consistently. Yes Hill is incredible. I just hope Reid realizes he needs to get Hill the ball constantly instead of using him as a decoy. Which will be the case more now with Mahomes out

33 minutes ago, stonewall said:

One factor that I haven't heard discussed is the fact that a Mahomie-led KC offense was struggling mightily to run the ball...

5 hours ago, NAn said:

Aside from all that have u seen the running numbers even with Mahomes?  Their just not doing it and when they are not being very successful...

🤬

But seriously,  will be interesting to see what Reid does.  Yes he can be innovative on offense, but (1) haven't seen that so much recent games, (2) schemes/play calling can only be as good as the execution, where with OL has just not been consistent.  Imagine he'd commit to run more, but don't know if that means any one of the RBs will really benefit.  Or if will be succesful as some of us have alluded to how teams may scheme for run and force Moore to beat them.  

Either way, though some of these players may be ok,  for next few weeks just plugging and playing a Chief skilled player b/c he's a Chief skilled player I don''t see as automatically translating to solid production.

5 hours ago, NAn said:

Only if Moore can consistently show he can get them the ball. Teams could scheme to stop run until he shows he can do so.  
Aside from all that have u seen the running numbers even with Mahomes?  Their just not doing it and when they are not being very successful.  Be interesting to see what Reid does.

I saw McCoy is at 5.4 ypc, so maybe he’s been doing alright?

I was surprised it was 5, felt like less. 

And though I joked earlier, Moore's throw was a dime and then Hill made most of it in stride.

I'd just want to see Moore have more such throws over several games with teams game-planning for him before I'm ready to say 'this offense will be just fine.