Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Josh Gordon Buy Low?

Assuming it looks like he’ll play by next week I think he’s a good buy low. Yes he’s been underwhelming so far, but he’s still been getting a good amount of targets and receptions.  Most importantly, look at who NE has faced so far - all HORRIFIC all-time bad offenses where the NE D dominated and no real need for NE to throw the ball much. The upcoming schedule has a lot better offenses to face like Bal, PHL, DAL, HOU, KC.  NE should actually have to utilize Gordon in those games.  Anyone agree?

So the argument is that Gordon has only had good matchups so far, and he should get BETTER as his matchups get WORSE?

LOL

Josh Gordon:  Ruining fantasy football teams since 2014.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

So the argument is that Gordon has only had good matchups so far, and he should get BETTER as his matchups get WORSE?

LOL

Josh Gordon:  Ruining fantasy football teams since 2014.

Yep. His whole career is a perpetual buy low. Give me Dorsett over him any day

With Henry coming back soon and the trade deadline approaching, I can't see how Gordon is going to do much, if anything, more than he has done so far.  I never understood the hype for him this season.  He's not the same WR he was several years ago by a longshot.  On top of that, you have to deal with his many mental issues.  Not worth it for a fantasy owner. 

Sure buy him low since he shouldn’t really cost you anything. But I doubt it gets much better for him. For one thing N’Keal Harry is probably coming back (is practicing now). 

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

With Henry coming back soon and the trade deadline approaching, I can't see how Gordon is going to do much, if anything, more than he has done so far.

I thought at first you had your Gordons confused, with Hunter Henry coming back being a concern for Melvin Gordon--but then I realized you just got Henry confused with Harry.

I drafted Gordon in 6th thinking he could be a steal.  Watched a majority of the games this year.  He is just lumbering.  He lacks flexibility.  A two weeks ago people where saying he would see his breakout @ Washington.  Then he goes 5/59/0.  On the Fantasy Feast Joe Dolan said JG was going to explode against NYG!  Then he goes for 1/7/0.

Now he is a big inflexible WR with a bad knee.  I'd rather have AJ Green.  At least if AJ comes back he is worth starting.  JG is not.

We've been waiting on him to reach his potential, outside of his one big season, for a long time.

At some point, I think you have to move on

5 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Sure buy him low since he shouldn’t really cost you anything. But I doubt it gets much better for him. For one thing N’Keal Harry is probably coming back (is practicing now). 

Speaking of Harry, guess it’s time to drop him soon. Been holding him on IR in case the Pats lost a WR, no way he gets stats after Edelman, Gordon, Dorsett, White

I really think Gordon is fine, even great potentially. Problem is focusing on skill players not named Brady or unlikely to succeed elsewhere is not how NE rolls.

Big disappointment this season. 

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Big disappointment this season. 

Has there been a season that Josh Gordon has NOT been a disappointment since 2013?

He's played in 28 games since that "breakout" season--4.7 games per season.

He's caught 103 balls (3.7 per game) for 1,662 yards (59.4 per game) and 6 TDs (0.2 per game) in those 28 games--and that's when he's not getting suspended, voluntarily checking himself into rehab, or being abducted by aliens.

Yet every year he's a fifth-round pick.  The slow learners who still draft him deserve what they get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Has there been a season that Josh Gordon has NOT been a disappointment since 2013?

He's played in 28 games since that "breakout" season--4.7 games per season.

He's caught 103 balls (3.7 per game) for 1,662 yards (59.4 per game) and 6 TDs (0.2 per game) in those 28 games--and that's when he's not getting suspended, voluntarily checking himself into rehab, or being abducted by aliens.

Yet every year he's a fifth-round pick.  The slow learners who still draft him deserve what they get.

I don't know. He was getting drafted around the diante Pettis ans Sterling Shepard area preseason. 

His potential and that offense can justify a pick like that. 

He would certainly be better on a team that milked couple guys as opposed to Brady who spreads it around.

He was good to very good in 6 out of the 10 games he played with the Patriots last year.  He got hurt in the 11th. He was absoulutely worthy of a sixth round pick.  

57 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He was good to very good in 6 out of the 10 games he played with the Patriots last year.  He got hurt in the 11th. He was absoulutely worthy of a sixth round pick.  

He played 11 games with the Patriots last year, and had a TD in 3 of them, 100 yards in another.  He also had games of 1/19/0, 2/32/0, 4/42/0 and 5/42/0.  He was only THAT good because he managed to avoid being suspended or committed for a year, but you're playing with THAT fire every time you draft Gordon as well.

I personally wouldn't draft Gordon in the double digit rounds, but at least then I can start to see the argument.  When you're still drafting starters?  No way.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

He played 11 games with the Patriots last year, and had a TD in 3 of them, 100 yards in another.  He also had games of 1/19/0, 2/32/0, 4/42/0 and 5/42/0.  He was only THAT good because he managed to avoid being suspended or committed for a year, but you're playing with THAT fire every time you draft Gordon as well.

I personally wouldn't draft Gordon in the double digit rounds, but at least then I can start to see the argument.  When you're still drafting starters?  No way.

yeah, because of the off field nonsense, his value is low.

he should be rostered, but he's not a starter.  just a backup with high upside.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

He had 100 yards in two games, not one.  Oh look, a mistake in your favor. 96 in another, a TD in three other games. . If he was your 3wr, which a sixth/seventh  round pick usually correlates to, he was fine. If you're scared of his off field, thats one thing. But his production says 6-7 round pick is fine. 

45 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He had 100 yards in two games, not one.  Oh look, a mistake in your favor.

I should probly enroll you for my remedial course in reading comprehension, but for now, let's just focus on the issue at hand.

Axe Elf said:

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

He played 11 games with the Patriots last year, and had a TD in 3 of them, 100 yards in another.

This does not mean, of course, that he only had 100 yards in 1 game; it means that he had 100 yards in a game in which he did NOT score a TD.

The mistake was in my favor because the mistake was yours.

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

(59.4 per game)

That’s not quite a 1000 yard season, & 6 TDs, over 16 games. I mean realllyyy that’s not bad for a WR3/4. People just want 1600 yard, 15 TD Flash, that’s all.

2 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

That’s not quite a 1000 yard season, & 6 TDs, over 16 games. I mean realllyyy that’s not bad for a WR3/4. 

Yeah, if it WAS 6 TDs in 16 games, that wouldn't be so bad.

But Josh Gordon's 6 TDs in his 28 games since 2013, that's not so good.

And the not-quite-a-1000-yard season would be ok, if it WERE a season--but like I said, he's only averaged 4.7 games per year since 2013, too.

• Like 1

He’s been a big disappointment this season, and now not playing this Monday either. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

He’s been a big disappointment this season, and now not playing this Monday either. 

Jesus must be down on him. :(

Also, the Pats offense has been a mess. Offensive line injuries appear to be the main culprit. Whatever it is, several weapons have had to ‘backdoor cover’ their way into stats in their good games.

RE: Gordon: right. He’s not the same physically as the huge and fast monster of a kid who ripped defenses for 2 months 6 years ago as a Brown. Anyone expecting that is for sure going to be disappointed.