Sign in to follow this  
Armchairwarrior

L Murray top 12 rb this week?

No. Not even close. Bears will eat him for lunch. Or mid afternoon snack if it's a late game.

I don't like him against the Bears D either.  He would have to score which is not out of the realm of possibilities, but not something I would want to bank on.

6 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I've read several pieces that say Dwayne Washington is the NO RB play this weekend.  Thoughts?

Really?   If you want link some up.

Kamara owner with everyone on a bye scrambling to field a team.

I would probably have to drop Darrel Williams for him in dynasty though. .  

4 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

Really?   If you want link some up.

Kamara owner with everyone on a bye scrambling to field a team.

I would probably have to drop Darrel Williams for him in dynasty though. .  

sorry, I should say I HEARD it on serious XM.  Jeff Mans on Guru Elite.

I guess it's possible but I wouldn't think so

I had a deal on the table in dynasty to possibly

Give: Waller, AJ Green, Brees 

Get- Diggs, L Murray 

Got nervous and pulled it.  Worried Murray will run into a brick wall and he might not really return any value long term 

Guys, Lat Murray is a competent RB. I only own Kamara in one league, but have Lat in all them....drafted him for this very scenario, didn't you? He has proven to be quite capable of RB1 fantasy days when fed the rock. No, the Bears aren't the greatest matchup in the world, but he is gonna get plenty of work.....which is what we hope for in this age of many RBBC's.

Starting with confidentiality.

• Like 2

Top 12? Probably not. Top 20, sure definitely possible. Not sure about Dwayne Washington, does he even have a carry this year?

I have to start Murray but am assuming he gets shut down, along with the rest of the NO offense.   They're due for a letdown and the bears are coming out of their bye pissed off 

1 minute ago, Brutal Brutus said:

Murray or Breida this week at flex?

I'd roll Murray. Think he's more likely to score than Breida....with Coleman back in the mix.

5 hours ago, Armchairwarrior said:

With Kamara out does he finish the week as a top 12 rb

Sure, if he doesn't trip over the yard markers while he's running the ball.............he is NOT "elite", I'll put it that way.

Saints OL is stout. Bears lost their main bull rusher in Hicks but they still have a solid D. Murray, he thrived last year as the default RB1. I don't know why but that is what he did when put in that situation. He did it last week.

He also had a couple of large chunk plays cancelled due to penalty. He will find some holes. Enough to matter? Likely so. especially in PPR  with the dump down passing and no Kamara. The touches are there and he is not some gimmick fill in. Dude is strong and fast. Should not be underestimated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brutal Brutus said:

Murray or Breida this week at flex?

Murray, he’s going to be the rb1, hard to predict if Brienda will be. 

But Brienda does have a better match up.  

I sure would like Murray more if he wasn’t playing the Bears def.  

But I’m picking Murray. 

15 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Saints OL is stout. Bears lost their main bull rusher in Hicks but they still have a solid D. Murray, he thrived last year as the default RB1. I don't know why but that is what he did when put in that situation. He did it last week.

He also had a couple of large chunk plays cancelled due to penalty. He will find some holes. Enough to matter? Likely so. especially in PPR  with the dump down passing and no Kamara. The touches are there and he is not some gimmick fill in. Dude is strong and fast. Should not be underestimated. 

Agreed. 

I really want to start him but coleman and gurleys matchups too good for me.  That saints bears game is going to be ugly...lowest total of the week at 37.  Which implies 16.5 for the saints.  If murray doesnt fall into the endzone its going to be pretty disapointing.  Did you enjoy the saints-jags game last week?  The jags defense isnt nearly as good as the bears who are home off a bye.  

37 minutes ago, American Chewy said:

I really want to start him but coleman and gurleys matchups too good for me.  That saints bears game is going to be ugly...lowest total of the week at 37.  Which implies 16.5 for the saints.  If murray doesnt fall into the endzone its going to be pretty disapointing.  Did you enjoy the saints-jags game last week?  The jags defense isnt nearly as good as the bears who are home off a bye.  

.....or it could be 38-35

In PPR you have to start him at least as a flex. Besides Kamara they also lost their TE Cook . That is a lot of targets. Outside of Michael Thomas they don't have anybody else. TE Josh Hill might step up but the dude has hoof hands. Murray will get a lot of passes. 

I’m looking at Burkhead if he goes or diving deep into the RB waiver bareel

Bolden

Yeldon

Jalen Richard 

Anyone have more info on Dwayne Washington?

10 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

Anyone have more info on Dwayne Washington?

Career

/463
/1  (3.3 ypc)

4 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

In PPR you have to start him at least as a flex. Besides Kamara they also lost their TE Cook . That is a lot of targets. Outside of Michael Thomas they don't have anybody else. TE Josh Hill might step up but the dude has hoof hands. Murray will get a lot of passes. 

Would you start Murray over Coleman and Singeltary.  Both in time shares but the matchups are so darn enticing.

6 minutes ago, Armchairwarrior said:

Would you start Murray over Coleman and Singeltary.

Over Singletary, yes, but probly not over Coleman.

On 10/19/2019 at 1:19 PM, AxeElf said:

Over Singletary, yes, but probly not over Coleman.

Tough calls. Personally, I would roll with Lat over both.....based on projected volume, and the fact that he dos catch the ball outta the backfield. He should be the bell cow, whereas both Coleman and The Motor will be sharing. 

I just offered the Kamara owner who has zero rb on the bench due to injury and bye Latavius Murray for Zach Ertz. 

his other options are free agent dion lewis

I have james white, austin ekeler, chase edmonds, lesean mccoy in ppr league. 

16 minutes ago, Pinesprings said:

I just offered the Kamara owner who has zero rb on the bench due to injury and bye Latavius Murray for Zach Ertz. 

He would need to be desperate to win this week to pull the trigger on that deal, unless he's has another viable option at TE

1 hour ago, Armchairwarrior said:

Would you start Murray over Coleman and Singeltary.  Both in time shares but the matchups are so darn enticing.

Yes

52 minutes ago, Pinesprings said:

Who’s your te? 

Based on your Rbs I would want to keep L Murray. 

Ekeler didn’t have a great game last week, I think Gordon gets more work as this season goes forwards, Edmonds can’t be started unless DJ isn’t playing , McCoy hasn’t been great but good at best, who’s your te? 

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

Tough calls. Personally, I would roll with Lat over both.....based on projected volume, and the fact that he dos catch the ball outta the backfield. He should be the bell cow, whereas both Coleman and The Motor will be sharing.

I know you are somewhat invested in Murray, and if their opponents were reversed, I'd go with Murray over Coleman as well.  But Washington is allowing 134 rushing yards per game (#28 overall), whereas the Bears are allowing only 83 (#5).  Murray's extra volume won't mean much if he's getting 2 yards per carry to Coleman's 6.  I'd rate them approximately equal on goalline potential this week, but the more permissive defense means Coleman should have the yardage edge, even if slightly less volume.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Who’s your te? 

Based on your Rbs I would want to keep L Murray. 

Ekeler didn’t have a great game last week, I think Gordon gets more work as this season goes forwards, Edmonds can’t be started unless DJ isn’t playing , McCoy hasn’t been great but good at best, who’s your te? 

i knew this would be asked. no problem answering. we are a ppr league. you start 3 wr/te each week. for example I have Davan-toe Adams hurt and JuJu Smith Drama on a bye. So this week as my 3 Wr/te I had Kittle who i drafted, Hunter Henry who I picked up via free agency after his relevant game Sunday, and Allen Lazard as starters. 

I chose to give away Latavius Murray and AJ Green to finalize deal for Te Zach ertz and Cleveland defense who still has Miami and Cincinnati at home the first week of playoffs week 14 if i make it.

Yes, the AJ Green could come back and bite me hard but went ahead and did the trade. 

Trust this...Bears with 2-weeks to prepare and at home against the Saints will devour a straight-line RB who lacks in his ability to be elusive or explosive....Murray has not topped 45 yards rushing in a game this year, and the Bears will be in total beast-mode at home...…... 

On 10/18/2019 at 10:29 PM, jrokh said:

Top 12? Probably not. Top 20, sure definitely possible. Not sure about Dwayne Washington, does he even have a carry this year?

I was wrong. Not only can latavious be top 12, he can be top 3 :pointstosky:

Lost Mahomie in 4 leagues on Thursday, so wrote those games off as losses.

Lat, Waller and Chase pulled me through all of them.....

I've always liked Lat Murray's skill set. He just needs the rock. Rest up another week there, Kamara.

Dummy me didnt know about the monsoon in dc or i woulda swapped coleman for murray.  Whoops.  Oh well.  Still won.  Murray obv an RB1.