Sign in to follow this  
Armchairwarrior

L Murray top 12 rb this week?

Dang, that was very impressive. 

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:57 PM, Ehlana said:

No. Not even close. Bears will eat him for lunch. Or mid afternoon snack if it's a late game.

I think he ate the Bears for lunch.....

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:57 PM, huskyhater75 said:

Sure, if he doesn't trip over the yard markers while he's running the ball.............he is NOT "elite", I'll put it that way.

ESPN had a stat on Murray yesterday.  When given the opportunity to start, he has posted pretty crazy numbers.  In 2017, he had 8 TD's on only 216 carries and was just short of 1,000 total yards.  In 2016, he had 195 carries, 12 TD's, over 1,000 total yards.  That's on 195 carries!  2015 he had 267 carries and finished the year with 1,300 total yards.  If you extrapolate out his carries to what the top RB's in the game receive, he IS elite. 

As for "tripping over yard markers", he didn't even trip with 3 Chicago defenders on his back yesterday.  lol  There were two of us on this board that said in the preseason he's a handcuff you must own. 

Look at it this way:  The top RB's in the NFL averaged around 330 touches last season.  In ANY of Murray's seasons, he would have finished in the top 6 of all fantasy RB's with the same number of touches.  I would consider anyone in the top 6 to be elite.  He is never injured, blocks better than most any RB in the NFL and catches passes with ease.  The one thing he doesn't do is juke people.  He's pretty much a bulldozer type of guy and he does it well.  Go back and read my thread from the preseason.  I said he was better than Ingram and a few people called me crazy.  No, the stats prove he is.  He has always been the bridesmaid though. 

Tasty matchup against Arizona next week.   Don't want to get too excited but if Kamara has a HAS then maybe Murray has a start or 2 left. 

1 hour ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Tasty matchup against Arizona next week.   Don't want to get too excited but if Kamara has a HAS then maybe Murray has a start or 2 left. 

I'm hoping they leave Kamara out as well.  It will give him time to heal with a Bye upcoming.  Arizona won't be able to handle the NO offensive line, so Murray would be in line for another great day. 

On 10/18/2019 at 8:52 PM, stonewall said:

Guys, Lat Murray is a competent RB. I only own Kamara in one league, but have Lat in all them....drafted him for this very scenario, didn't you? He has proven to be quite capable of RB1 fantasy days when fed the rock. No, the Bears aren't the greatest matchup in the world, but he is gonna get plenty of work.....which is what we hope for in this age of many RBBC's.

Starting with confidentiality.

I need to start a weekly email communication thread with you and follow your advice no matter what.  You sir are the brains I needed on Sunday

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FantasyKing said:

I need to start a weekly email communication thread with you and follow your advice no matter what.  You sir are the brains I needed on Sunday

Thanks...just got lucky this week, and with Mahomie going down on Thursday night, I needed some hits for sure.

For the record, I also recommended drafting DWill and DMont in the preseason. I had already given up and dropped DWill (for Chase Edmonds) and benched DMont (for Lat Murray) this week. In other words, in-season management always trumps redraft results. Am seriously thinking of firing up DMont again this week against the Chargers, however......and am hoping that they give Kamara another week of rest (DJ could use some more shelf time too!)

6 hours ago, FantasyKing said:

Just wanted to say, I think that was a great thing for you to post. 

Thanks for that super post. 

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Just wanted to say, I think that was a great thing for you to post. 

Thanks for that super post. 

I would just like to say, I think your post complimenting that other post was jolly good.

Jolly Rodgers. 

13 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I think he ate the Bears for lunch.....

It's a good thing a don't listen to myself. Made a last minute decision to start Murray over Mike Williams as a flex.