Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

D Montgomery

He is getting a lot of love in FFTodays weekly rankings (18th overall rb). R u guys benching him until he shows something, or can this be the week he turns it around? 

47 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

He is getting a lot of love in FFTodays weekly rankings (18th overall rb). R u guys benching him until he shows something, or can this be the week he turns it around? 

Well, FFtoday also ranked Phillip Lindsay 4th overall and he had 3 points, so not exactly gospel. NO Run D is top 5. The volume for Montgomery should be there, but other than blind faith I don't know why this week would be better for him...

Maybe they added some plays for him during the bye week besides that exact same inside run from shotgun he runs on 95% of his carries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, himmystyles said:

I don't know if that's "getting a lot of love" or merely outranking his performance by default.

Chubb, Conner and McCaffrey are on bye this week, Kamara is out, Gurley is gimpy, Ekeler isn't his team's lead RB any more, and the five Denver and KC RBs have already played, so that's at least 10 RBs who COULD be ranked ahead of Montgomery on any given Sunday who probably aren't THIS week.

I wouldn't expect a significant deviation from his usual 8.3 (standard) fantasy points per week, but that just makes him #18 this week instead of #28.

40 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I don't know if that's "getting a lot of love" or merely outranking his performance by default.

Chubb, Conner and McCaffrey are on bye this week, Kamara is out, Gurley is gimpy, Ekeler isn't his team's lead RB any more, and the five Denver and KC RBs have already played, so that's at least 10 RBs who COULD be ranked ahead of Montgomery on any given Sunday who probably aren't THIS week.

I wouldn't expect a significant deviation from his usual 8.3 (standard) fantasy points per week, but that just makes him #18 this week instead of #28.

Great point forgot about that fact haha. Thanks. 

5 hours ago, himmystyles said:

Going Carson and Gore over him.  

I think I am starting Chase Edmonds over him, if DJ plays or not. I still have hope for this guy... I just need to see it. Hopefully they fixed some things over the bye

Bears at home with two weeks to prepare for the Saints with a over/under of only 37 points  {neither team  chasing points, will force abandon rushing 4/quarters} I will still start Montgomery, expecting a modest 50-60 yards & 1 TD  & a couple receptions.....

My RBs in my deep keeper (10 players) suck but I have WRs.  The Montgomery owner's WRs suck but he has RBs. He posted on the chat board he is willing to trade a RB for a WR. I offered Diggs for Montgomery and got shot down. 

5 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

My RBs in my deep keeper (10 players) suck but I have WRs.  The Montgomery owner's WRs suck but he has RBs. He posted on the chat board he is willing to trade a RB for a WR. I offered Diggs for Montgomery and got shot down. 

Diggs is so volatile.  I could see someone accepting that and i can see the rejection too

23 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Did he get hurt or something?

No, Nagy overrated AF when it comes to offense.

3 touches for 16 yards and a lost fumble so far.  This dude is a scrub.

58 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

No, Nagy overrated AF when it comes to offense.

Is it Nagy or is it little mitchy?

3 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Is it Nagy or is it little mitchy?

Nagy.  Kyle Shanahan, Ron Rivera, Doug Marrone, Frank Reich,  Mike Gabriel, and Bill Belicheck all figure out how to win with JAGs at QB.

Well, at least he didn't get negative points......err, never mind.

Faded him this week in different leagues for Lat Murray and Edmunds, thankfully. Didn't like the matchup against the Saints, and need to see some semblance of offensive cohesiveness....but he sucked, plain and simple.

However, not prepared to write him off until I see him play against the Chargers. That could tell the tale. 

The good news is that you can probably get him for peanuts now. The bad news is that you will be betting on Nagy quickly overcoming innate offensive ineptitude.

Nobody is gonna be awesome in the Bears backfield if the offense is this bad and the qb is this clueless. Mitch plays like he doesn’t know how the position works. It doesn’t look like he’s doing anything presnap but trying to remember the play. He has no feel for the rush. And he has the touch of a chainsaw with many of his passes. He’s pushing the button super hard on a bunch of his throws. He is missing multiple check down opportunities too, which doesn’t help the rookie at all. It reminds me of the worst days of Josh Freeman or Jake Locker.

And the Nagy gadget stuff isn’t working right now cuz the kid can’t make the throws and the tricks aren’t yielding a lot of free yards. So we’re left with Robinson diving all of the field to try to catch passes and validate his contract.