Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Lets talk Life insurance

15 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Says the guy who charges $50 to read an e-mail.  :thumbsup:

Well it’s a complex email. Lotta ins, lotta outs :argue:

1 hour ago, sderk said:

I get it. I just don't buy things unless I can afford it in the now. 

Yes I agree.  The exception you will find is families.  Two things families dont usually buy outright with cash is transportation and housing. Its not like families are gonna buy a house that they can afford comfortably if one kicks the bucket. We dont live beyond our means, but I still have about 150k to pay on my house.  Could my wife do it on her own?  Sure, but for like $40 a month, its money well spent to have peace of mind. Hence the insurance.  The mortgage is pretty much all Im worried about and the wife can fend for herself.

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Yes I agree.  The exception you will find is families.  Two things families dont usually buy outright with cash is transportation and housing. Its not like families are gonna buy a house that they can afford comfortably if one kicks the bucket. We dont live beyond our means, but I still have about 150k to pay on my house.  Could my wife do it on her own?  Sure, but for like $40 a month, its money well spent to have peace of mind. Hence the insurance.  The mortgage is pretty much all Im worried about and the wife can fend for herself.

It's also the easiest way that any average joe is going to leave their kids anything at all.   From someone who comes from a very wealthy area, and sees kids regularly who come from serious money, their lives are a lot easier.  They have more opportunities and they get better jobs.

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Then why don’t you buy mortgage insurance?

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

It's also the easiest way that any average joe is going to leave their kids anything at all.   From someone who comes from a very wealthy area, and sees kids regularly who come from serious money, their lives are a lot easier.  They have more opportunities and they get better jobs.

Doesn't make them better people though. Coming from a good family that can provide for their kids but still puts responsibilities with consequences on the backs of their kids is the best way to go. 

1 minute ago, sderk said:

Doesn't make them better people though. Coming from a good family that can provide for their kids but still puts responsibilities with consequences on the backs of their kids is the best way to go. 

And doesn't make them worse.  Just makes them rich with more opportunity.  And the only equalizer could be life insurance.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

And doesn't make them worse.  Just makes them rich with more opportunity.  And the only equalizer could be life insurance.

I just wanted my kid to make her own way in life. And she did. If she got into trouble, I would have been there in a heartbeat. But she had to at least try.

8 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Then why don’t you buy mortgage insurance?

Premiums are higher.

7 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Premiums are higher.

Less options too. One spouse kicks the bucket maybe you downsize and use the life insurance proceeds for something else 

6 minutes ago, sderk said:

I just wanted my kid to make her own way in life. And she did. If she got into trouble, I would have been there in a heartbeat. But she had to at least try.

I get what you are saying and I appreciate it.  You are missing my point in the context of this thread.  It's that life insurance money can be used to give your kids a financial head start. A financial head start that middle and lower class kids don't normally get. 

So, the only one that thinks Digby34 needs life insurance is the salesman. You should get his e-mail. 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

For your dependents, maybe. For yourself, no. But life insurance is never for yourself. 

From an Attorney. Bwahahaha. 
can you link me to Mom and Dad news’s opinion on your line of work?  Bwahahaha 

Just now, Alias Detective said:

From an Attorney. Bwahahaha. 

You have a really annoying habit of never substantively responding and just posting some vague derogatory comment followed by “bwahaha”

I think everyone here knows it’s ‘cuz you’re full of sh1t. HTH

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You have a really annoying habit of never substantively responding and just posting some vague derogatory comment followed by “bwahaha”

I think everyone here knows it’s ‘cuz you’re full of sh1t. HTH

Good come back. You have nothing. Bwahaha

7 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

When you die your kids will be retired. At least that is how it works for most Americans.

2 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

When you die your kids will be retired. At least that is how it works for most Americans.

That’s what you’re insuring, dumbass :lol:

12 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

That’s what you’re insuring, dumbass :lol:

I was replying to this:

It's also the easiest way that any average joe is going to leave their kids anything at all.   From someone who comes from a very wealthy area, and sees kids regularly who come from serious money, their lives are a lot easier.  They have more opportunities and they get better jobs.

So people are buying insurance so they can have money to give to their retired kids. Is this what you did?

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

I was replying to this:

So people are buying insurance so they can have money to give to their retired kids. Is this what you did?

That’s not my quote. Pretty sure it was TimmySmiff :dunno:

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

That’s not my quote. Pretty sure it was TimmySmiff :dunno:

Then why are you replying To me? And you call me a dumbass.