Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Week 7 Scoop and Play WR

Guess I'll take up the mantle this week.

Jakobi Meyers - NE  Still a free agent in some 12 man leagues, Meyers was a pre-season sleeper pick by some. However, he hasn't generated much traction as the #4 behind Edelman, Gordon, and Dorsett. Due to injuries to both Dorsett and Gordon (in-game) last week, Meyers stepped up, catching 4 of 4 targets for 54 yards against the Giants. This week, with Gordon out and Dorsett drawing a questionable designation (although likely to give it a go imo), Meyers will have a shot on Monday night to introduce himself to the world. Prediction: 5/89/1

Deep Dive: Jake Kumerow - GB Yes, I am bringing him up again.....and, no, he hasn't done jack squat. Of course, everyone is all moon-eyed about The Lizard Man this week (and perhaps it will be justified), but let's not forget about ole' Jake, who played on 88% of the snaps last week. Adams remains out and Allison and MVS are very questionable, opening the door for the forgotten man to renew that pre-season connection with Rodgers from days gone by. Only takes one long pass, after all. Prediction: 3/76/1

Who you got?

14 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Jakobi Meyers - NE  Still a free agent in some all 12 man leagues,

Better.

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Better.

Nope. Checked before I posted. He was owned in 1 of the leagues I play in. Could be a Patriot homer, I suppose.

48 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Nope. Checked before I posted. He was owned in 1 of the leagues I play in. Could be a Patriot homer, I suppose.

I'm ignoring that "2.6% owned" percentage.

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I'm ignoring that "2.6% owned" percentage.

Well, that verifies that he is not available "all" leagues.....thank you.  However, it should present you a golden opportunity to scoop and score!

9 hours ago, stonewall said:

Deep Dive: Jake Kumerow - GB Yes, I am bringing him up again.....and, no, he hasn't done jack squat. Of course, everyone is all moon-eyed about The Lizard Man this week (and perhaps it will be justified), but let's not forget about ole' Jake, who played on 88% of the snaps last week. Adams remains out and Allison and MVS are very questionable, opening the door for the forgotten man to renew that pre-season connection with Rodgers from days gone by. Only takes one long pass, after all. Prediction: 3/76/1

Who you got?

I'll give you this you are the living example of at first you don't succeed try try again...

Auden Tate still looks like a viable option. He hasnt been the pillar of efficiency, but I attribute some of that to Dalton's willingness to throw him 50/50 balls, which speaks to his confidence in Tate. No more Ramsey on a Passing D that has looked slightly better than mediocre. 

Damiere Byrd, Kirk is out, Giants are giving up an average of 4  20+ (420 mmm) yard passing plays over the last five games w/ 7 plays over 35 yards in that stretch. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up a shootout and Byrd has his best game of the season. Only an option for someone with enormous cajones in a  super deep league, but the matchup is right. 

Adam Humphries, already posted it in another thread, but I think he will thrive under Tannehill, have a solid showing this week,  and breakout in a revenge game against the Bucs next week.... although it IS the Titans 

Willie Snead against the Seahawks. He’s 5% owned in Yahoo leagues, and Marquise Brown is dealing with ankle issues. The Ravens are going to have to throw to keep up with Seattle. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stonewall said:

Well, that verifies that he is not available "all" leagues.....thank you.  However, it should present you a golden opportunity to scoop and score!

Hey, I didn't say that "all" was 100% accurate, I just said it was "better" than "some."

1 hour ago, rallo said:

MVS and Allison both look to be playing today.

Well, that certainly puts a damper on the “Deep Dive”

Meyers’ scouting report is interesting. Good hands, ex qb w  feel for the game although not a burner by any means. Worth watching to see how he does. Edelman’s 32, Gordon is Gordon ... might be an opportunity there

13 hours ago, stonewall said:

Kumerow sighting in Lambeau!

13 hours ago, stonewall said:

Jakobi Meyers - NE  Still a free agent in some 12 man leagues, Meyers was a pre-season sleeper pick by some. However, he hasn't generated much traction as the #4 behind Edelman, Gordon, and Dorsett. Due to injuries to both Dorsett and Gordon (in-game) last week, Meyers stepped up, catching 4 of 4 targets for 54 yards against the Giants. This week, with Gordon out and Dorsett drawing a questionable designation (although likely to give it a go imo), Meyers will have a shot on Monday night to introduce himself to the world. Prediction: 5/89/1

Who you got?

Boom! You are Clairvoyant 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rallo said:

Boom! You are Clairvoyant 

Yes he is clairvoyant if the definition is to predict the same guy will go off for a year and a half and he does just about nothing the whole time until eventually he has a good game. If that is the definition then he is indeed clairvoyant...

18 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Yes he is clairvoyant if the definition is to predict the same guy will go off for a year and a half and he does just about nothing the whole time until eventually he has a good game. If that is the definition then he is indeed clairvoyant...

Gotta stick to your guns😅

15 hours ago, stonewall said:

Who you got?

Congrats . 

When I saw his stats I first thought was about this tread.