Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Edex Cup V 2020 Schedule. edjr 2019 Edex Cup Champ

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

1.  edjr is the boss

2.  only KSB can draft Tiger

3. Pat must try to gamble as much as possible

4.  Cruzer runs the draft boreds

5.  cbfalcon will have the best team, always.........in his head.

6.  Fumble will want to start drafting on Mondays

7. WhiteWonder will complain about something

8.  You will have a good time

theremaybemore

:first:

On 1/3/2020 at 9:20 PM, Bert said:

What are the rules?  I could be down as long as it isn’t a weekly draft. 

1st draft is random draw, snake draft. every draft after goes by reverse order of finish.

points awarded for finish of each tournament

4 Majors - 10,7,5,4,3,2,1
4 others - 7,5,4,3,2,1

$200 per player (may be paid  before each tourney) $25 per tournament - $5 goes to year end Edex Winner.  With 12 players, $480 goes to winner

1st $160 2nd $60 3rd $20 (if you aren't paid for the year and you win, it will be held to pay you for the year. If you are hit by a bus, I will send the money to GFIAFP)

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

1st draft is random draw, snake draft. every draft after goes by reverse order of finish.

points awarded for finish of each tournament

4 Majors - 10,7,5,4,3,2,1
4 others - 7,5,4,3,2,1

$200 per player (may be paid  before each tourney) $25 per tournament - $5 goes to year end Edex Winner.  With 12 players, $480 goes to winner

1st $160 2nd $60 3rd $20 (if you aren't paid for the year and you win, it will be held to pay you for the year. If you are hit by a bus, I will send the money to GFIAFP)

Sorry Ed, I don't want to commit to drafting every week.  This is in the middle of my busiest travel time.  Sounds like a good time.

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Sorry Ed, I don't want to commit to drafting every week.  This is in the middle of my busiest travel time.  Sounds like a good time.

Once a month

JAN 23 - 26    
Farmers Insurance Open
Torrey Pines GC (South)

FEB 13 - 16    
The Genesis Invitational
Riviera CC  

MAR 12 - 15        
THE PLAYERS Championship
TPC Sawgrass

APR 9 - 12    
Masters Tournament
Augusta National GC

MAY 14 - 17    
PGA Championship
TPC Harding Park

JUN 18 - 21    
U.S. Open
Winged Foot GC

JUL 16 - 19    
The Open Championship
Royal St. George's GC

AUG 13 - 16    
THE NORTHERN TRUST
TPC Boston

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

1.  edjr is the boss

2.  only KSB can draft Tiger

3. Pat must try to gamble as much as possible

4.  Cruzer runs the draft boreds

5.  cbfalcon will have the best team, always.........in his head.

6.  Fumble will want to start drafting on Mondays

7. WhiteWonder will complain about something

8.  You will have a good time

theremaybemore

7. You forgot “will be skipped randomly” and “will be a half assed score keeper” 😄

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

7. You forgot “will be skipped randomly” and “will be a half assed score keeper” 😄

ONCE!

and the only ever

2 hours ago, edjr said:

ONCE!

and the only ever

i think you skipped me once and then forgot to give me a draft slot completely on another occasion.  but its all out of love ^_^

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 3:14 PM, Cruzer said:

Our mail room guys have Pat's home addy on file. :D

More importantly, so do some of your wives or girlfriends.   

In for 2020.  Cruzer, we can discuss sidebets on an event to event basis.  Golf shirts for the majors and something else for the others maybe?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, patweisers44 said:

In for 2020.  Cruzer, we can discuss sidebets on an event to event basis.  Golf shirts for the majors and something else for the others maybe?

Definitely. :pointstosky:

On 1/7/2020 at 10:34 AM, patweisers44 said:

We had no sidebets, i think I beat you 7 of 8 tournies.  I suck at life.

35 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Do we still need to find one more person? 

We don't NEED. Would be nice.

Just now, Alias Detective said:

Who is in so far Ed?

Cruzer is in the farthest, pat is 2nd

Just now, edjr said:

Cruzer is in the farthest, pat is 2nd

Yes, Cruzers arm is slightly larger than my hog.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:41 AM, edjr said:

inskies

Ed
cruzer
pat
cloacane
High ankle dain
load
cbf
ww
fumble
alias
ksb

That's 10, I think we had 12 last year and kanal has said he's out

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

That's 10, I think we had 12 last year and kanal has said he's out

Isn't that 11?  :dunno:

7 minutes ago, posty said:

Isn't that 11?  :dunno:

I amnt to smart

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Surprised.  Thought Messicans had a tic tac for a pemis.  Or is Pat hung like a can of tuna?

The beauty is - when you have small hands, it looks big. :banana:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

The beauty is - when you have small hands, it looks big. :banana:

it takes those small hands to make mine look big :wub:

• Haha 2

So, since Ed absolutely dominated Ed Ex last year, he gets last pick in every draft, correct? :music_guitarred:

6 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

So, since Ed absolutely dominated Ed Ex last year, he gets last pick in every draft, correct? :music_guitarred:

I typically was drafting at 11 and 12 most of the year.  :Mr-T:

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I typically was drafting at 11 and 12 most of the year.  :Mr-T:

Ha...that's true actually given the current parameters. Maybe we should have you pick first every time instead... 

1 minute ago, Fumbleweed said:

Ha...that's true actually given the current parameters. Maybe we should have you pick first every time instead... 

like fantasy football it's 90% luck.

High Ankle Dain won the 1st 2 seasons, how the fock did that happen? Season 3 I think I finished with like 5 edex cup points, not counting the final week in which I won, but cruzer drafted my team

Just now, edjr said:

like fantasy football it's 90% luck.

High Ankle Dain won the 1st 2 seasons, how the fock did that happen? Season 3 I think I finished with like 5 edex cup points, not counting the final week in which I won, but cruzer drafted my team

I choked big time in Season 3. Was way up with two tournaments to go and let KSB blow past me at the finish line. I do think luck plays into it quite a bit, of course...but you must admit that last year, it was like you had Marty McFly's sports almanac or something. 

3 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I choked big time in Season 3. Was way up with two tournaments to go and let KSB blow past me at the finish line. I do think luck plays into it quite a bit, of course...but you must admit that last year, it was like you had Marty McFly's sports almanac or something. 

It was uncanny. I think I ended up winning over $1000. 

1 hour ago, Fumbleweed said:

He was jackhammering the suckpipe, that's for sure.

I sort of miss when we used to do a random draft order for each event. I think maybe we switched to help the people finishing near the bottom, by giving them the 1st, 2nd etc picks?... but I don't think thats really even an advantage. Most of the time you can make a case for any number of players to be picked 1st and then they have to wait a long time before they pick again now that we have 12 participants. 

No, im not lobbying for a change, just speculating on the whole luck aspect you guys were mentioning. I can draft a garbage team from any position :D but I feel like once Ed nabbed a win and picked 12th, he was able to start drafting a pair of players who could just as easily have been picked in the top 5. Especially in the non-majors where the talent pool drops off. 

I'm the midst of my current 3 year losing streak, I've drafted 1st, last, 9th, 3rd, 5th - all up and down the board. In the end, outside of Tiger circa 2000 - I've not found it to really matter where one drafts... Then again, you could put 999 white jellybeans in a jar and 1 black one - blindfolded, I'd pull out the black one...

But gonna be 77 degrees here today, teeing off at 11:45 - so you can all suck it.  :banana:

14 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I sort of miss when we used to do a random draft order for each event. I think maybe we switched to help the people finishing near the bottom, by giving them the 1st, 2nd etc picks?... but I don't think thats really even an advantage. Most of the time you can make a case for any number of players to be picked 1st and then they have to wait a long time before they pick again now that we have 12 participants. 

No, im not lobbying for a change, just speculating on the whole luck aspect you guys were mentioning. I can draft a garbage team from any position :D but I feel like once Ed nabbed a win and picked 12th, he was able to start drafting a pair of players who could just as easily have been picked in the top 5. Especially in the non-majors where the talent pool drops off. 

it's easier for me, is what it comes down to really.

pretty sure in other years drafting 12 didn't guarantee a win.

the top players make so much money, they dont give a chit whether or not they make the cut or do well

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

I'm the midst of my current 3 year losing streak, I've drafted 1st, last, 9th, 3rd, 5th - all up and down the board. In the end, outside of Tiger circa 2000 - I've not found it to really matter where one drafts... Then again, you could put 999 white jellybeans in a jar and 1 black one - blindfolded, I'd pull out the black one...

Racist :mad:

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

But gonna be 77 degrees here today, teeing off at 11:45 - so you can all suck it.  :banana:

MDC likes pulling on the black one

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, edjr said:

it's easier for me, is what it comes down to really.

pretty sure in other years drafting 12 didn't guarantee a win.

the top players make so much money, they dont give a chit whether or not they make the cut or do well

It doesn’t guarantee a win, of course, I just personally think it’s a better spot to pick from given the snake format and the depth of top tier talent.  .....but again much like cruzer I can  shiit the bed from anywhere 

Only three things I’ll never forget from my personal edex lore. 
1. beating you and pat in the Ryder cup event that launched the edex cup concept. 
2. the year I drafted henrik and Phil for the US Open and they both shiit the bed only to pass on them in a similar draft spot and watch them lap the field at the duel at troon. 
3. being skipped 😐

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

It doesn’t guarantee a win, of course, I just personally think it’s a better spot to pick from given the snake format and the depth of top tier talent.  .....but again much like cruzer I can  shiit the bed from anywhere 

Only three things I’ll never forget from my personal edex lore. 
1. beating you and pat in the Ryder cup event that launched the edex cup concept. 
2. the year I drafted henrik and Phil for the US Open and they both shiit the bed only to pass on them in a similar draft spot and watch them lap the field at the duel at troon. 
3. being skipped 😐

:wub:

did Danknuggs really die you think?

DankNuggs
Members

CONTENT COUNT
LAST VISITED
October 30, 2018 

DAYS WON

Are we generating a draft order this week or waiting until Monday? Have we lobbied for someone to assume the 12th spot in Ed Ex? 

35 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Are we generating a draft order this week or waiting until Monday? Have we lobbied for someone to assume the 12th spot in Ed Ex? 

Do we have 11 or 10? posty confused me

On 1/15/2020 at 1:53 PM, edjr said:

did Danknuggs really die you think?

DankNuggs
Members

CONTENT COUNT
LAST VISITED
October 30, 2018 

DAYS WON

Damn - this really sucks. Hope the dude is ok.

32 minutes ago, edjr said:

Do we have 11 or 10? posty confused me

We have 11. I think 12 would be ideal, though. Can we open it up to Geek Club as a whole and maybe take in one more?