Sign in to follow this  
brewens

Well Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, I picked up Antonio Brown.

I had Jimmy Graham hanging around to drop.  It's a 14 team league so our FA pool is pretty much junk usually, though I did just get Hunter Henry with the #1 waiver pick.  So now I'm on the bottom.  AB playing for someone before the season is over is more likely than my getting anyone I might be able to start.

Edited by brewens
spelling

A player actually on an NFL team (Jimmy Graham) and allowed by the NFL to participate in and NFL game will have more upside than AB.  What has happened the last few weeks that makes you think AB has any chance at playing this year? Even if a team is crazy enough to touch this landmine, the NFL will then proceed to put him on the exempt list while they "continue" to look into the matter. Move on or at least just know you're stashing until next season..If this is a redraft league, your fellow competitors are laughing at you. 

Looks good on paper. 

I dropped AB yesterday for the Steelers DT yesterday to play them next week against Miami. 

AB was my third round pick going WR heavy - Hopkins, Julio, then Brown. Wasted pick. Coulda had K Allen. Yeah, he’s sucked for a couple of weeks but at least he’s playing. 

Any team signing him will have to deal with female fans protesting.  This is why Ray Rice never played again.  The last thing the NFL wants, or a team owner, is having upset women protesting them.  Who buys most NFL memorabilia?  I read an article during the Ray Rice ordeal that it is 75% women buying gifts for their significant other and their friends and kids.  Of course Rice had to deliver the knockout blow on camera, but any city bringing in Brown can expect some highly upset women.  The #metoo movement has offices in most cities.  They would organize a protest and it would be a nightmare for the owner. 

From what I have read about the entire Brown situation, I'm pretty convinced he never had any intention of playing for the Raiders.  He wanted out of Oakland so he could play with the Patriots.  The Steelers wouldn't trade him to New England, so he found another way.  There is a great story on Google News you may be able to still find which documents this, and definitely makes you believe this was his plan from the start.  First the foot issue, then the helmet issue, then the texts come out that he had been asking the Raiders owner to outright release him, then calling the GM a "Cracker" in front of the other players.....  He had this planned.  If you are an NFL owner, are you bringing this headcase to your town?  He is going to want more guaranteed money and isn't going to play for the minimum either.  Anyone picking this guy up is going to get what they deserve. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Any team signing him will have to deal with female fans protesting.

how about Fans protesting this piece of sh!t..

1 minute ago, [echo] said:

how about Fans protesting this piece of sh!t..

I think that depends.  Many Fans would protest, but you sure didn't see it in New England once the news broke about his sexual allegations.  I think if a team signed him that was in desperate need of a WR, many die-hard fanatics would overlook his issues.  It wouldn't be the first time this has happened.  Due to the sexual issues, I think the protesting by various groups of women would be too much for an NFL owner to risk.  So, I do think many men would not like it either, but the die-hard fanatic would likely overlook it the same way Randy Moss' issues were overlooked, T. Owens and so forth. 

I wouldn't count on it. Even if he signs with another team it will take him a week or two to get into it.

There's also a good chance he will do something dumb before he even sees the field.

If it works, it's a genius move but that's not likely.

In the unlikely event that he actually suits up in a game this year, I predict you will have dropped him weeks before.

On 10/21/2019 at 11:37 PM, The Postman said:

There are still many teams showing interest according to reports.  I think it's a good move if you can spare the roster spot.

if one can spare the roster spot...why not?

gotta think the commissioner prevents his play by exempting him, tho

1 hour ago, cavern said:

if one can spare the roster spot...why not?

gotta think the commissioner prevents his play by exempting him, tho

You just answered your own question.

On 10/21/2019 at 11:37 PM, The Postman said:

There are still many teams showing interest according to his agent.  I think it's a good move if you can spare the roster spot.

Fixed that for you

I dropped him anyway and just grabbed Jimmy back.  I thought someone would maybe use a waiver pick to get him.  I was up about 12:30 when ESPN processed waivers to grab him quick if he cleared.  I still don't think I will be able to start him, we don't require a TE.  But maybe if Rogers goes to him more.  

19 minutes ago, brewens said:

I dropped him anyway and just grabbed Jimmy back.  I thought someone would maybe use a waiver pick to get him.  I was up about 12:30 when ESPN processed waivers to grab him quick if he cleared.  I still don't think I will be able to start him, we don't require a TE.  But maybe if Rogers goes to him more.  

Probly shoulda grabbed McKissic instead...

On 10/24/2019 at 4:44 PM, AxeElf said:

Probly shoulda grabbed McKissic instead...

He was already rostered.  14 team league with 16 man rosters.  FA pool pickin's can be pretty slim.