Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

You know that feeling you get when you play the worst team in the league?

You know how it is....  You are playing the absolute worst team in the league and sort of laugh when you see the lineup they submitted.  Then they blow you out and you feel like a POS.  The guy I played this weekend in one of my leagues hasn't won a game.  His submitted roster for the weekend was:

QB: Mitch Trubisky (Garbage time gave him an additional ten points)

RB: Chase Edmonds:  Dude wasn't even supposed to play, much less turn into Priest Holmes

RB: J. Williams: Nothing special, but still earned 13.1 points

WR: Marvin Jones:  Really?!  Against the Vikings??? 

WR: MVS:  The dude was questionable right before kickoff and has 133 yards and a TD on only 2 receptions?  FML

WR: A. Erickson:  Who??? 

TE:  E. Ebron:  The guy who hasn't shown up all year???

K:  Justin Tucker - Nice 12 point day

Defense:  Giants:  Against Arizona?  Hahahahahaha

So, I have a whopping 12.8 point lead going into MNF and he has R. Anderson going tonight.  I would rather play the best team in the league and get blown out by 60 points than lose to the worst team in the league by just a couple of points with a roster that could not repeat these numbers again in the next 100 games.  Edmonds, Jones, MVS, some dude named Erickson.....  Yeah, the odds of this team ever doing this again are pretty close to zero.  Oh well.  Hopefully Anderson doesn't go off tonight....

Life in the ff fast lane, it always seems to happen. 

Love it when my team is the second highest scoring team for that weekend, and the team your playing, is of course the highest. 

• Like 1

Weepaws never knows that feeling, always being the worst in the league.  Always a different perspective being the one everyone wishes they were playing I'm guessing. 

In one of my $ leagues, the team that lost to the worst team in the league last week, will beat our only remaining unbeaten team this week.

FF is a crazy thing sometimes.  You just gotta hope the “WTF” weeks are limited, and don’t happen during the playoffs.

• Like 1

Haha that’s classic taco luck right there. Would have been even more funny if Rodgers was his QB. He has earned people very few wins as the bust of the year this season at QB. This week he had one of the best games in quarterbacking history though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Haha that’s classic taco luck right there. Would have been even more funny if Rodgers was his QB. He has earned people very few wins as the bust of the year this season at QB. This week he had one of the best games in quarterbacking history though.

If he had Rodgers, I'd already have lost and had to retire.  lol  

Not sure what you mean about Edmonds not even being supposed to play. DJ was obviously somewhat hurt coming into the game and Edmonds had a few weeks of decent production prior to this explosion. 

I feel your pain in general though.  I’m getting blown out in my work league largely due to the Stafford/Jones combo going nuts. 

• Like 1

That's just how this game goes, lol

I was on the other side of that a couple of weeks ago.

I only have dynasty teams and one of them is in the dumps. I was winless and playing the best team in the league, stacked at every spot.

I needed a big score from my D going into Monday night, and it's a league where it's next to impossible to get big points from the D.

Well, the 49ers put up a big score. I didn't even check that team until Wednesday because I already chalked up and L.  I was shocked to find out I pulled out the W.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Must be one of those leagues for kids...

Well, this particular league has been together since 2004.  It's a PPR Dynasty League and you would likely know some of the people in it if you've played fantasy football for very long.  It is comprised of ONLY people who have won multiple leagues at Quest Fantasy Football or another reputable site.  We have only lost one owner in 15 years as he was in the Navy and had to leave for assignment.  It's a $250 yearly buy-in with a fee for transactions.  I doubt you could afford to be in it, but yeah, it's not a league for kids.  lol 

1 hour ago, uwmalcolm said:

Not sure what you mean about Edmonds not even being supposed to play. DJ was obviously somewhat hurt coming into the game and Edmonds had a few weeks of decent production prior to this explosion. 

I feel your pain in general though.  I’m getting blown out in my work league largely due to the Stafford/Jones combo going nuts. 

You are correct about Edmonds.  I shouldn't have been shocked he played, but as of game time, it certainly appeared Johnson was going to be the feature back.  Edmonds came out looking like a fantasy MVP.  I thought with DJ in the lineup, Edmonds would be lucky to hit 8-10 points on the day.  Never did I imagine he would run wild like that. 

Just now, oldtimer said:

Well, this particular league has been together since 2004.  It's a PPR Dynasty League and you would likely know some of the people in it if you've played fantasy football for very long.  It is comprised of ONLY people who have won multiple leagues at Quest Fantasy Football or another reputable site.  We have only lost one owner in 15 years as he was in the Navy and had to leave for assignment.  It's a $250 yearly buy-in with a fee for transactions.  I doubt you could afford to be in it, but yeah, it's not a league for kids.  lol 

Well, that bears out my previous assertion that the best competition is found at the lower entry fee levels.

P.S.  That league I drafted a Kicker and a Defense in the 1st two rounds?  That was a $250 league as well.  See?  People draft like chimps in those leagues.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Well, that bears out my previous assertion that the best competition is found at the lower entry fee levels.

P.S.  That league I drafted a Kicker and a Defense in the 1st two rounds?  That was a $250 league as well.  See?  People draft like chimps in those leagues.

It isn't a redraft league.  It's a Dynasty.  The guy with the crap team?  He traded away everyone on his roster prior to the season for rookie draft picks.  Not an unwise move as the next draft class is loaded with offensive talent.  This league is also comprised of only league winners.  There is no shortage of great owners in this league.  Over 15 years, we've never had a repeat champion and every single member of the league has won at least once.  I'm sorry you play in Draftmasters and redrafts with morons, but it's your decision.  I'd rather play in a league of champions and lose than play with a group of actual losers and win.  Competition is something some of us truly enjoy. 

21 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm sorry you play in Draftmasters and redrafts with morons, but it's your decision.

I'm sorry you think that, but I've learned that reality isn't your strong suit.

21 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I'm sorry you think that, but I've learned that reality isn't your strong suit.

Oh that's right....  Draftmasters are where true fantasy champions are made.  LOL   I'll take my common sense over your "reality" any day.  Go look on the message board where you told a guy last week to start Mixon over both Murray and Ekeler.  Nice job Mr. Elf.  I had a prediction incorrect as well, telling someone to start Woods over Hilton, but at least my point differential wasn't bad.  Yours cost a guy how many points?  30?  lol  Keep talking ElfBoy. 

Or how about this one?!  LOL  You tell this guy to start DJ instead of Chase Edmonds, yet as was pointed out to me in another post here earlier today, Edmonds was coming off great weeks and should have been in lineups with DJ being on the injury report all week.  Your advice is so spectacular Mr. Elf.  In one week alone you've ruined three teams on the 'A little help' message board.  Shall we keep going Mr. Know-It All?

AxeElf    206

• FF Geek
  • AxeElf
  • Members
  • 2,101 posts

DJ is in, so Chase is out.

Oh, but wait, there is more!!!!  Mr. Elf continues to baffle us with his brilliance, or is it his BS?  lol   The owner below asked if the Chargers, Titans or Bears (oh my) should be started.  You have to love the "duh" comment to make it sound like a dumb question, even though the Bears D looked like crap against the Raiders just two weeks prior and they were without their best run blocking defensive lineman for this game.  Way to help out Axe!

AxeElf    206

• FF Geek
  • AxeElf
  • Members
  • 2,101 posts

Just happened to me! This dude had Freeman, Allison, Fuller, and Fant! 4 points from 4 players. Kamara, Williams and Wentz were on bench.

So injuries and bad luck gave him a total of 43 points. Thankfully I won!

• Like 1

Another great one from Mr. Elf  ----  In this one, he's telling the owner to use Montgomery over Ekeler and Williams.  Nice outcome.  We're up to 5 games you've cost owners in a single Sunday.  Man, how's that "reality" working for you?

AxeElf    206

• FF Geek
  • AxeElf
  • Members
  • 2,101 posts

Ohhh, and here is another one from Sunday that our residential advisor felt the need to share his wisdom on.  Taking Coleman over Murray only cost this owner 26 points.  That's better than the 30 you cost the other owner.  I love when you share your wisdom.  At least most narcissistic people get something right from time to time. 

AxeElf    206

• FF Geek
  • AxeElf
  • Members
  • 2,101 posts
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:12 PM, Armchairwarrior said:

Would you start Murray over Coleman and Singeltary.

Over Singletary, yes, but probly not over Coleman.

I can go through the 'a little help' board and list these all day long.  For a guy that spouts off non-stop about how great he is, your track record, as clearly shown above, flat out sucks.  It's pretty obvious why you play in Draftmaster leagues.  You couldn't win a league where you had to make actual decisions.  That's proven by your own posts. 

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I can go through the 'a little help' board and list these all day long.  For a guy that spouts off non-stop about how great he is, your track record, as clearly shown above, flat out sucks. 

David Johnson and Latavius Murray surprised a lot of people yesterday.  You can cherry-pick a few instances of good advice that had a negative outcome, or you can join the thousands of satisfied customers in the "Thank You, Axe Elf!" threads.

It just depends on how you want to live your life.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

David Johnson and Latavius Murray surprised a lot of people yesterday.  You can cherry-pick a few instances of good advice that had a negative outcome, or you can join the thousands of satisfied customers in the "Thank You, Axe Elf!" threads.

It just depends on how you want to live your life.

Cherry Pick?  You give bad advice weekly.  lol  All one has to do is look through the threads.  Murray surprised no one that was educated.  Go read how many times I, and MANY others here, posted he should be started with confidence.  I'm sorry you don't know much about setting an actual lineup.  Just calling it as I see it, and as you post it.  :) 

32 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You give bad advice weekly.  lol  All one has to do is look through the threads.

There are no "Thank you, oldtimer!" threads for a reason...

24 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Because I don't accept "thank you" from a guy who has only one post to his name.  LOL  That has happened with you TWICE in the past month.  Yeah, those were real people alright.  Not my fault your "advice" is posted for all to see, oh, and that it was horrible.  :)

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Because I don't accept "thank you" from a guy who has only one post to his name.  LOL  That has happened with you TWICE in the past month.

Really?  You can reject a "thank you" if a guy only has one post to his name?

Where's the button for that?  (And why would you want to?)

You're probly not the one to axe, though, since you're not receiving ANY "thank you"s from ANYONE...

9 hours ago, oldtimer said:

You know how it is....  You are playing the absolute worst team in the league and sort of laugh when you see the lineup they submitted.  Then they blow you out and you feel like a POS.  The guy I played this weekend in one of my leagues hasn't won a game.  His submitted roster for the weekend was:

RB: Chase Edmonds:  Dude wasn't even supposed to play, much less turn into Priest Holmes

WR: MVS:  The dude was questionable right before kickoff and has 133 yards and a TD on only 2 receptions?  FML

So, I have a whopping 12.8 point lead going into MNF and he has R. Anderson going tonight.  I would rather play the best team in the league and get blown out by 60 points than lose to the worst team in the league by just a couple of points with a roster that could not repeat these numbers again in the next 100 games.  Edmonds, Jones, MVS, some dude named Erickson.....  Yeah, the odds of this team ever doing this again are pretty close to zero.  Oh well.  Hopefully Anderson doesn't go off tonight....

Sorry for your loss.  That blows donkey balls.

This happened to me this weekend.  Worst team in the league beat me and will knock me out of first place.  Apparently I'm now the worst team in the league.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oldtimer said:

How do you even have a lead?

• Like 1

Anyone notice that tacos love starting Niner WRs?  Check your league and I’ll bet your taco is starting Dante Pettis for like the 3rd week in a row.

• Like 1

To the OP, credit for the winless owner still playing. Clearly he is still fielding a team with purpose with likes of Erickson and Chase in his line up this week. Well deserved win.

• Like 1

I had something similar happen to me this week. My opponent was the worst team in the league, and with Slye on bye, I decided to wait on picking up a kicker since I was projected to blow him out. Instead he blew me out. But what makes it worse is that he didn't even have that great of a day. He started Flacco at QB, and had a bunch of decent, not great performances (Hilton, Tyreek, Fournette, Dorsett). His top scorer was actually the Rams D. I had DJ and a bunch of middling performances (Cooks, Andrews, Jeffrey, Buffalo D).

13 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The other ones were at least plausible, but that's just cold. No way it made sense to start Erickson. Tate, maybe, but the WR3 on a bad offense? Ridiculous.

13 hours ago, oldtimer said:

This was Jones' second career four-TD game. HIs first one came with the Bengals in 2013, when my opponent started him. To this day, we still have a running joke about "Marvin $@##@^$@ Jones"

14 hours ago, Beyond Chaos said:

How do you even have a lead?

I've posted the team before here.  As for this week in particular, I was more lucky than anything.  I started Jacoby B. over L. Jackson at QB.  I own both Kamara and Murray, so I rolled with Murray.  Hopkins had a nice day as did M. Thomas and the 49'ers gained me a ton of points for the shutout & few sacks they had.  I also had Hilton in the lineup.  The only position I didn't do well at was TE, where I was forced to start Jason Witten.  This is an old dynasty team and it's flat out stacked, except for TE.  I need to trade for a TE before the playoffs or I'm going to be stuck with a combo of Witten and Delanie Walker.  Tell me how exciting that combo sounds.  lol