Filthy Fernadez

Hole in ozone smallest on record........

3 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

https://www.foxnews.com/science/ozone-hole-smallest-on-record-nasa

If weather patterns affect the hole in the ozone, I guess the carbon emissions thing is over now?

No, that just means you don't understand the nuance of climate change and the progressive acts towards creating a more perfect planet... yada, yada, yada.....

I can use aquanet in my potatoes gun again   :headbanger:

• Like 1

I treat the earth like a hotel room. It's not mine and I don't have to clean it up so I'm taking a shiit in the bathtub and stealing the towels. 

Wouldn't this mean that the laws put in place 30 years ago had an impact?

Edit, i guess not. See next post.

About the Vienna Convention and the Montreal Protocol

The Vienna Convention for the Protection of the Ozone Layer (Vienna Convention) was agreed in 1985. It established global monitoring and reporting on ozone depletion. It also created a framework for the development of protocols for taking more binding action.

The Montreal Protocol under the Vienna Convention (the protocol) was agreed in 1987. It facilitates global cooperation in reversing the rapid decline in atmospheric concentrations of ozone, a gas that protects life on Earth from the sun’s harmful radiation. Under the protocol countries agreed to phase out the production and consumption of certain chemicals that deplete ozone. Phase out of these substances is required by specific deadlines.

Please ignore my previous post, below is from the article in the OP.

It seems that according to the fox news article that ozone layer is still an issue and will take more time to fix.

“It’s great news for ozone in the Southern Hemisphere,” said Paul Newman, chief scientist for Earth Sciences at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in a statement on NASA's website. “But it’s important to recognize that what we’re seeing this year is due to warmer stratospheric temperatures. It’s not a sign that atmospheric ozone is suddenly on a fast track to recovery.”

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

How did the ice age happen? 

Global warming.... er uh, Climate change... I mean, carbon emissions... wait, no... COW FARTS!!!!

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Global warming.... er uh, Climate change... I mean, carbon emissions... wait, no... COW FARTS!!!!

Wooly Mammoth farts! 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Isn't it about time we go back to the "Global Cooling" hysteria/panic?  Don't these things always circle back around when the other hysterias/panics don't work?

ive been sitting on a barrell of DDT waiting for this moment.

14 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Isn't it about time we go back to the "Global Cooling" hysteria/panic?  Don't these things always circle back around when the other hysterias/panics don't work?

That's a good point.  We'll need to wait until a 13 year old from somewhere like France though, to be woke enough to point us in that direction.

15 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Don't be fooled. The libs have 1979 in their back pocket ready to pull out at a moment's notice.

17 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

“It’s great news for ozone in the Southern Hemisphere,” said Paul Newman, chief scientist for Earth Sciences at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in a statement on NASA's website. “But it’s important to recognize that what we’re seeing this year is due to warmer stratospheric temperatures. It’s not a sign that atmospheric ozone is suddenly on a fast track to recovery.” 

:lol:  Paraphrased "global warming appears to be helping the ozone and I hate to admit it."

• Haha 1

Cows can fart now without being body shamed