Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Patriots at Jets: In-Game Discussion

I am sure that Darnold is snatching defeat from the jaws of victory for some fantasy team somewhere. Some team somewhere had a comfortable lead going into tonight's game and had Darnold going up against no one for the other team. They probably even thought they'd still win. Darnold said, "Hold my beer!"

OMG! Is this even possible!???!

Unbelievable.

FIVE turnovers AND a safety. Just crazy bad. Embarrassingly bad.

It might take a while for Sammy D to live down that 'seeing ghosts' comment...

Refs have to be shaking their heads.  They keep trying to help the Jets and Darnold just keeps throwing the ball to the other team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Law said:

I am sure that Darnold is snatching defeat from the jaws of victory for some fantasy team somewhere. Some team somewhere had a comfortable lead going into tonight's game and had Darnold going up against no one for the other team. They probably even thought they'd still win. Darnold said, "Hold my beer!"

You know it. Somebody that had a small lead is gonna lose their FF game this week because they didn't pull Darnold from their starting lineup.

Why would someone start Darnold against the Pats? 

I may still lose in one league I started Pats because James White and Watson have been erased

The second I put money on the Pats, they become inept on offense.  That's always nice.

Refs come in to save the day again.  That was completely uncatchable

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Was this a news flash? I feel like those of us in the know knew Darnold and Danny dbag werent good.

You know I'm so glad you brought up Danny Dimes. Did you know that his QBR is 52.3? Not great but still above average. Not bad for a rookie who had to play the Pats without Barkley, Engram, and Sterling. Did you also know the QBR of the QB of the team you root for, you know the one you were praising all last year, known in some circles as 'little mitchy'? So glad you asked it is 34.3 which is putrid. Da Bears can only pray the next QB they draft is half as good as Mr. Dimes...

I wonder how bad Brady wants this sneak.  If Michel punches this in, my 33 point lead against Michel and Dorsett is likely gone.

I'm curious if the Jets run it again on 1st down like they've done all game when they get the ball back.

Started the night up 20 against NE D.  Currently down 3, LOL.  Of course I am 1-5 with 2nd highest point total this week.  Go figure

Bummer.  One of those damn weeks with the 2nd highest score in the league and big fat L to show for it.

Play action from the Jets on first.  What a wrinkle!

I think that Michel TD was the exact same play they ran for his 2nd score.  

Has Darnold thrown a pass in the field of play in the past 5 passes?  

They can't trust Nugent with a 50 yard field goal.  That's why I dropped his butt last week.

4 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Ok who started jets players this week, show yourselves. 

Don't own him, but I'm sure Bell is being started all across fantasy land.

Lol at belichick.  I always wondered why they just didn't do the intentional false start more when they're trying to back up on a punt.  That's a very Belichick move.  He just burned an extra minute off the clock.

Just to illustrate the point.  The 3rd down play ended at 11:05 left.  They didn't punt until 9:40 left.  They could've kept doing that and just took the 15 yard unsportsmanlike eventually.

Patriots haven’t allowed even 15 points to a single team this season. Everyone flatlines against them and gets destroyed. Even Bell wasn’t really startable if you had at least a low RB2 to start in his place.

It's too bad the Patriots start playing real offenses now. I was enjoying 20 or 30 points a week from my defense.

I was down in one league by 17 with Pats D and won. Down by about 30 work Pats, White and Watson going against Crowder. Won that too

52 minutes ago, jrokh said:

You know I'm so glad you brought up Danny Dimes. Did you know that his QBR is 52.3? Not great but still above average. Not bad for a rookie who had to play the Pats without Barkley, Engram, and Sterling. Did you also know the QBR of the QB of the team you root for, you know the one you were praising all last year, known in some circles as 'little mitchy'? So glad you asked it is 34.3 which is putrid. Da Bears can only pray the next QB they draft is half as good as Mr. Dimes...

Thanks for confirming you are a Danny duds truther. You need to compare him to other qbs to make your view point something better than an abject failure. I will await your confirmation that he sucks. 

Was down 32 with the Pats defense to go. So far I’m being credited 31 and a 1 point loss. But the CBS Game Center is only crediting NE with 5 turnovers instead of 6. Either the Darnold safety fumble or the muff is not being counted. This is huge and would flip the result of my game. However, the CBS official box, the ESPN box and NFL’s fantasy site all have the Jets with 6 turnovers. I hope there is an adjustment overnight or I’ll be pissed!

12 minutes ago, Fearsome said:

I hope there is an adjustment overnight or I’ll be pissed!

Even if there's not, at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you really won.

6 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Patriots haven’t allowed even 15 points to a single team this season. Everyone flatlines against them and gets destroyed. Even Bell wasn’t really startable if you had at least a low RB2 to start in his place.

Well, seeing as they’ve played quite a few strong, juggernaut teams it’s a pretty amazing accomplishment.  Oh....wait.  Never mind.

Another riveting Monday night game.  Excellent.  Quality football for sure.  People must have been glued to their TVs for this one.  How the hell is anyone even watching football anymore these days? 

1 hour ago, RoadLizard said:

Well, seeing as they’ve played quite a few strong, juggernaut teams it’s a pretty amazing accomplishment.  Oh....wait.  Never mind.

Another riveting Monday night game.  Excellent.  Quality football for sure.  People must have been glued to their TVs for this one.  How the hell is anyone even watching football anymore these days? 

I actually was. It was a close call with my Pats defense scratching abd clawing their way to victory in two of my leagues. It's almost like they are playing for me

52 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I actually was. It was a close call with my Pats defense scratching abd clawing their way to victory in two of my leagues. It's almost like they are playing for me

Yeah, great.  Im sure your parents are proud of you.

7 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

Fantasy football makes every game a nailbiter.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Fantasy football makes every game a nailbiter.

Guess so - and thats great for the NFL since the on-field product has been getting shittier and shittier every year.  The Patriots are a team with .500 talent at best but seem like they are awesome because everyone else sucks monkey rod.  What a joke of a league. Take away fantasy and viewrship sinks big time.  Especially with forced regional coverage and other stupid rules like that.  Yawn.  Boooooring.

8 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

The Patriots are a team with .500 talent at best but seem like they are awesome because everyone else sucks monkey rod.

If everyone else sucks monkey rod, then how can the Patriots have ".500 talent at best"?  If they had .500 talent, wouldn't that mean that their talent was about average among all the monkey rod suckers?

Or are you perverting the use of ".500" to mean the best out of a bunch of bad talent?

20 hours ago, AxeElf said:

If everyone else sucks monkey rod, then how can the Patriots have ".500 talent at best"?  If they had .500 talent, wouldn't that mean that their talent was about average among all the monkey rod suckers?

Or are you perverting the use of ".500" to mean the best out of a bunch of bad talent?

Best of the bunch of pretty mediocre teams.  I just dont think there is much resistance right now in the AFC for NE at all.  Zero.  They can rest their starters now and just get the parade ready for Super Bowl #7.  Its that bad. They have the division locked up, the 1st round bye & #1 seed locked up, etc, etc. 

Best of the bunch of pretty mediocre teams.  I just dont think there is much resistance right now in the AFC for NE at all.  Zero.  They can rest their starters now and just get the parade ready for Super Bowl #7.  Its that bad. They have the division locked up, the 1st round bye & #1 seed locked up, etc, etc. 

Good lord you are a whiny little...

But also, I disagree. Baltimore appears to be for real. KC could get back on track. I agree AFC is far weaker this year but there’s still a few contenders, for the conference crown at least

...just get the parade ready for Super Bowl #7...

It's interesting that you said that, because Super Bowl #7 (VII) was the one in which the Miami Dolphins completed the only perfect undefeated NFL season against the Washington Redskins in 1972.