TimmySmith

Official 2019 World Series Thread

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Let's go Nats!

It's gonna come down to the bullpens. 

If it comes down to the bullpens, that definitely doesn't favor the Nats...

6 minutes ago, posty said:

If it comes down to the bullpens, that definitely doesn't favor the Nats...

Certainly not the regular season Nats.  The Doolittle/Hudson combo in the playoffs has been a big improvement.

I predict a hard fought game with the Nats playing dirty. Give them a 50-50 chance of winning 

1 - Love seeing Nolan Ryan (and his team) stick it to Jon Daniels and the rest of Rangers management/ownership. The way Texas ran him out of town was not only focking idiotic, but disgraceful. The more WS success Houston has now, the closer (I hope) JD gets to getting his ass canned.

2 - Love to see Chirinos get a ring - he was always one of my favorite Rangers while here... Also a huge Altuve fan - he's representing for us little peeps. lol

Go Stros! :banana: 

21 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

But for real. Go Astros!

I just hate the Nats. :dunno: 

Just now, MDC said:

I just hate the Nats. :dunno: 

I’m neutral for them. I’m more partial to the Astros mainly because I lived in Texas for so long. 

11 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I’m neutral for them. I’m more partial to the Astros mainly because I lived in Texas for so long. 

And, you're a natural born bandwagoneer.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

And, you're a natural born bandwagoneer.

If that helps you justify your impotence then by all means keep using it little buddy 👍🏻

The trouble with aces is they usually aren't aces every single outing.  So when 2 aces face each other, usually 1 of them doesn't have it and whichever team scores some runs in the first 2 innings is the winner.  I've always found ace vs ace very boring for that reason.  You can watch until the top of the 3rd and know the outcome most times.

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

If that helps you justify your impotence then by all means keep using it little buddy 👍🏻

You're the guy with no kids, right? 

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

I predict a hard fought game with the Nats playing dirty. Give them a 50-50 chance of winning 

I predict you won't go to work or do anything productive today. So far so good. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I predict you won't go to work or do anything productive today. So far so good. 

Sure thing 7-Eleven

18 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Sure thing 7-Eleven

Get out of your Spider-Man pj's yet? It's almost one.  

So many Detroit pitchers from 13/14 season. How the fock didn't we win a WS?

4 minutes ago, riversco said:

What exactly IS an "astro" anyway?

What exactly IS a "national" anyway?

Not sure if you are serious, but:

They are the Astros because of the Astrodome...  Space City USA...  Also at the time, their spring training was in Cape Kennedy Launching Pad...

They are the Nationals because many teams before this rendition were also called the Nationals, also legal and political considerations factored in as well...

This is the best time of the baseball season. We get to sit on our couches and watch the World Series.

Just like the Yankees do

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, nospk said:

This is the best time of the baseball season. We get to sit on our couches and watch the World Series.

Just like the Yankees do

And get blowjobs from your hore mother. 

7 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

So many Detroit pitchers from 13/14 season. How the fock didn't we win a WS

37 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Youre a fockin loser son

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Whooooooore you dooshbag yankee fan:overhead:  

10 hours ago, posty said:

Not sure if you are serious, but:

They are the Astros because of the Astrodome...  Space City USA...  Also at the time, their spring training was in Cape Kennedy Launching Pad...

They are the Nationals because many teams before this rendition were also called the Nationals, also legal and political considerations factored in as well...

Abstract names are kinda dumb.

17 minutes ago, riversco said:

Abstract names are kinda dumb.

I like names that have something to do with the city. Astros. New Orleans saints. Milwaukee brewers. Pittsburg steelers. 

I hate when they move a team, and the name no longer makes sense, and they don't change it. New Orleans jazz was cool. Utah jazz is stupid.

Baseball has lots of dumb names. Red and white socks. Royals. Reds. And all the lame birds (cardinals, orioles, blue Jays, etc.) Oakland athletics is the dumbest of all. 

Intensity of game 7 on every pitch. And that was a pitcher's duel. Stros are a bit shellshocked. 7 wins in a row for Nats.

I cannot wait for baseball to end....

19 hours ago, riversco said:

The trouble with aces is they usually aren't aces every single outing.  So when 2 aces face each other, usually 1 of them doesn't have it and whichever team scores some runs in the first 2 innings is the winner.  I've always found ace vs ace very boring for that reason.  You can watch until the top of the 3rd and know the outcome most times.

Good call

8 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I like names that have something to do with the city. Astros. New Orleans saints. Milwaukee brewers. Pittsburg steelers. 

I hate when they move a team, and the name no longer makes sense, and they don't change it. New Orleans jazz was cool. Utah jazz is stupid.

Baseball has lots of dumb names. Red and white socks. Royals. Reds. And all the lame birds (cardinals, orioles, blue Jays, etc.) Oakland athletics is the dumbest of all. 

Oakland is by the ocean and 2 great ocean monster names are going completely unused:  Kraken and Leviathan.  The Oakland Krakens probably sounds better but Oakland Leviathans is great too.

17 hours ago, nospk said:

How did I get mixed into this slap fight?

3 minutes ago, riversco said:

Oakland is by the ocean and 2 great ocean monster names are going completely unused:  Kraken and Leviathan.  The Oakland Krakens probably sounds better but Oakland Leviathans is great too.

:mad:

4 hours ago, riversco said:

How could there be more than 1 Kraken. Have you seen the size of that thing? Never seen a leviathan but it also sounds huge.