Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

Sanu to Pats for a 2nd round pick

38 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I would say this tells us what they think of Gordon. I'm glad, this probably helps Dorsett. 

I agree with this completely.  I think Gordon has fallen out of favor.  Sanu is still a good WR, so I think he could have a role in NE.  The Pats seem to agree as a 2nd rounder is a steep price for him, but if I were in contention, I'd do this deal.  With Henry coming back, their pass catching rb's, Edelman, Dorsett, Gordon, Watson....  Suddenly their WR depth doesn't look nearly as bad. 

Pat's just always seem to make the right moves to help their team in the now. And if they make a mistake, it does not take them long to get rid of it. They live for today and today only.

10 minutes ago, Ehlana said:

That seems like a really high pick for Sanu.

It does. I just don't second guess the Pats anymore. They just keep winning and winning.

From ESPN...

The New England Patriots have acquired veteran wide receiver Mohamed Sanu from the Atlanta Falcons for a second-round draft pick, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. With Edelman (ribs), fellow starter Josh Gordon (knee) and No. 3 target Phillip Dorsett (hamstring) all on the injury report in recent weeks, Sanu provides veteran insurance at a position where the Patriots are still adjusting following the release of Antonio Brown in September.

27 minutes ago, Ehlana said:

That seems like a really high pick for Sanu.

I thought the same, but in reality, it's a late 2nd so really closer to a 3rd than an early 2nd in terms of value.

1 hour ago, sderk said:

Pat's just always seem to make the right moves to help their team in the now. And if they make a mistake, it does not take them long to get rid of it. They live for today and today only.

Pats just won 33-0 and have the easiest path to the top seed in the AFC.  

I think a 2nd is steep for sanu 

20 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

I think a 2nd is steep for sanu 

I guess they disagree. :dunno:

Plus they still have to play Houston, Dallas, Philly, KC all in a row. They don't even like early draft picks, they don't want to pay those salaries to unproven rookies for the most part.

And after saying all that, I sat Michel this week in the flex for Damien Williams. :wall:

1 hour ago, sderk said:

It does. I just don't second guess the Pats anymore. They just keep winning and winning.

I stopped second guessing them years ago too.  The odd thing is that Bill B. just seems to do the obvious.  They needed depth at WR and they traded for it.  He does something similar every year to bolster his squad and give them the best chance at winning that year.  I find it odd that other coaches plainly see the deficiency their team has, yet they do nothing to solve the problem. 

• Like 1

Just now, oldtimer said:

I stopped second guessing them years ago too.  The odd thing is that Bill B. just seems to do the obvious.  They needed depth at WR and they traded for it.  He does something similar every year to bolster his squad and give them the best chance at winning that year.  I find it odd that other coaches plainly see the deficiency their team has, yet they do nothing to solve the problem. 

I think many coaches are just arrogant. They think they are so skilled that they can turn a racehorse lined up for the glue factory into a Kentucky Derby winning horse.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

The Pats tried to trade for sanu before the season.   Atlanta said no then but obviously their 1-6 record has changed their minds.   From what I read the offer from the Pats is the same now as it was then.   That's a nice deal for Atlanta. 

The reason for not second guessing Bill I think is because of his track record.   Bill knows what fits his system of course but even if he makes minor mistakes now it probably won't be noticed because NE has so much momentum.  Owner,  coaching staff, QB, other players.  Success is a drug that all these guys want and the Pats are proven with all the rings.   

Sanu may not be a perfect fit coming in but unlike with other franchises he'll probably give his very best effort for the sake of the team,  because the recipe is proven. 

Pats are a true dynasty.   I am sick and tired of them and their bandwagon fans, but I absolutely respect the heck out of what they do.   

Sorry for rambling 

Just now, Jarvis Basnight said:

The Pats tried to trade for sanu before the season.   Atlanta said no then but obviously their 1-6 record has changed their minds.   From what I read the offer from the Pats is the same now as it was then.   That's a nice deal for Atlanta. 

The reason for not second guessing Bill I think is because of his track record.   Bill knows what fits his system of course but even if he makes minor mistakes now it probably won't be noticed because NE has so much momentum.  Owner,  coaching staff, QB, other players.  Success is a drug that all these guys want and the Pats are proven with all the rings.   

Sanu may not be a perfect fit coming in but unlike with other franchises he'll probably give his very best effort for the sake of the team,  because the recipe is proven. 

Pats are a true dynasty.   I am sick and tired of them and their bandwagon fans, but I absolutely respect the heck out of what they do.   

Sorry for rambling 

Totally agree.  I'm not a Patriots fan, but I respect that organization and how they do things tremendously.  As you said, success is a drug.  Same for failure.  Losing teams often have a difficult time adjusting to winning and getting out of the loser mentality.  The Patriots are the exact opposite.  Everyone sacrifices for the good of the team.  It's one of the few times in my life I have seen a sports franchise actually put this philosophy into practice.  It's an impressive thing to win quite a bit over a 5 or 6 year period in the NFL.  What the Patriots have done is simply mind blowing. 

2 is high but their offense is iffy. The numbers don’t necessarily reflect that because the defense is lights-out and always setting them up with great field position etc. But at some point they’ll need more from the offense and it may not be there right now.

I think they need o-line help more than anything but that’s probably near-impossible to get right now. So Sanu was a good compromise even if they probably slightly overpaid 

Expect word of the next suspension (probly lifetime) coming down the pike for Josh Gordon.  What does he do when he gets injured?  Self-medicates.  Then a drug test.  Patriots just got word of it first.

Just hope this doesn't affect Edelman negatively.

i thought that too AxeElf.. im a Pats fan and rooting for Josh (i share some of the same demons he has).. this this would be a heart breaker.. but not shocking at all.

25 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Expect word of the next suspension (probly lifetime) coming down the pike for Josh Gordon.  What does he do when he gets injured?  Self-medicates.  Then a drug test.  Patriots just got word of it first.

Just hope this doesn't affect Edelman negatively.

Interesting theory. I thought it was more tied to N’Keal Harry and him not being ready to contribute, but the Gordon theory also explains the move pretty well.

Although, they have been trying to trade for Sanu for like a year so maybe it isn’t tied to anything specific.

5 hours ago, sderk said:

This.

I'm local to SF bay area, I remember when Warriors hired Kerr it was a high amount.  I remember when Gruden went to Bucs back in the day, thought they paid a lot.

Pats have been in 4 of 5 last SBs (including last 3), winning 3 of them.  When you win, paying 'high' prices doesn't matter as much.

7 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Well, yeah.  The Pats entire schedule is just about made up of all creampuffs.  Other than the Ravens, Cowboys, Texans and Chiefs (only if mahomes is back), they've played teams with ZERO competition.  Thru 7 weeks, the combined record of the teams they've played is like 11-31.  And they still have CIN, MIA and BUF to play yet.

And to be honest, Cowboys and Texans ain't that great either.  More like average at best.

What are folks expecting from Sanu on a weekly basis? I know until after the bye week he may not produce much, but is a WR2? NE is so difficult to read. Will they feed him the ball to justify the trade and\or to get him playoff-ready? Curious to hear peoples’ thoughts on Sanu and his potential now that he’s on NE. 

31 minutes ago, pee-diddy said:

What are folks expecting from Sanu on a weekly basis? I know until after the bye week he may not produce much, but is a WR2? NE is so difficult to read. Will they feed him the ball to justify the trade and\or to get him playoff-ready? Curious to hear peoples’ thoughts on Sanu and his potential now that he’s on NE. 

I see him taking even more catches away from James White. Short slip screens, etc.

JK guys, i couldn't help myself, lol

I expect him to be unpredictable like most players with the Pats.  

Heck he might even play some on def and kick from time to time. 

I think he was a Qb once in his football days, so who knows. 

Hes simply another piece of the puzzle for another run for the pats to make it to another super bowl. 

6 hours ago, pee-diddy said:

Low floor low ceiling guy that is much more effective on the field than in the stat sheet

Cute video I just saw, Sanu said that Brady offered him number 12,and he said nooooo. 

On 10/22/2019 at 5:32 PM, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Well, yeah.  The Pats entire schedule is just about made up of all creampuffs.  Other than the Ravens, Cowboys, Texans and Chiefs (only if mahomes is back), they've played teams with ZERO competition.  Thru 7 weeks, the combined record of the teams they've played is like 11-31.  And they still have CIN, MIA and BUF to play yet.

And to be honest, Cowboys and Texans ain't that great either.  More like average at best.

This is true but they dont make the schedule and they didnt ask to be in the worst division in the hisroty of the NFL.   Alls they can do is enjoy their 6 gift-wrapped wins every season.  They "start" the year 6-0 every year per se.  Must be nice.  Oh and the rest of their alleged "tough" matchups are also pretenders.  Houston?  Dallas?  Please.  The Chiefs?  Nah.  All easy wins. 

Honestly, the NFL is so bad right now that I suspect NE goes 16-0 and blows through the playoffs without getting their uniforms dirty.  Here we go again.  Yawn.  Boring.  7th ring and counting.  Maybe someday the league will "fix" free agency and get things back to how they were before mediocrity and bad football became the norm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoadLizard said:

This is true but they dont make the schedule and they didnt ask to be in the worst division inj the hisroty of the NFL.   Alls they can do is enjoy their 6 gifwrapped wins every season.  They "start" the year 6-0 every year per se.  Must be nice.  Oh and the rest of the AC and their alleged "tough" matchups are also pretenders.  Houston?  Dallas?  Please.  The Chiefs?  Nah.  All easy wins.

Honestly, the NFL is so bad right now that I suspect NE goes 16-0 and blows through the playoffs without getting their uniforms dirty.  Here we go again.  Yawn.  Boring.  7th ring and counting.

Good points, but I think the NFC has much stronger teams than the Pats (GB, NO, Seattle and possible 49ers).  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

This is true but they dont make the schedule and they didnt ask to be in the worst division in the hisroty of the NFL.   Alls they can do is enjoy their 6 gift-wrapped wins every season.  They "start" the year 6-0 every year per se.  Must be nice.  Oh and the rest of their alleged "tough" matchups are also pretenders.  Houston?  Dallas?  Please.  The Chiefs?  Nah.  All easy wins. 

Honestly, the NFL is so bad right now that I suspect NE goes 16-0 and blows through the playoffs without getting their uniforms dirty.  Here we go again.  Yawn.  Boring.  7th ring and counting.  Maybe someday the league will "fix" free agency and get things back to how they were before mediocrity and bad football became the norm.

Jesus you are truly the whiniest little b1tch I have ever encountered on the internet, and that’s really saying something.

Also you’re wrong. This year, for example, Buffalo is 5-1. No other division has two teams with such a good record though a couple are close. Certainly the AFC East is not great but you ignore inconvenient facts.

On 10/26/2019 at 1:46 PM, IGotWorms said:

Jesus you are truly the whiniest little b1tch I have ever encountered on the internet, and that’s really saying something.

Also you’re wrong. This year, for example, Buffalo is 5-1. No other division has two teams with such a good record though a couple are close. Certainly the AFC East is not great but you ignore inconvenient facts.

What do you want?  Just ignore me then.  Buffalo is a piece of steaming that just got KILLED at home by the 3-4 Buzzards.  The Bills suck.  They havent beaten anyone either and wont beat any decent teams all year.  What the hell are you watching?  What facts?  That the AFC East is like a High School level division?  That the rest of the AFC is maybe like a tier-2 College conference?   I might be whiny but you're completely retarded.  I mean like Window-licker level retarded.