42 " vert

9.63" hand size

Paul Perkins out of college

5'10 208

4.54 40

19 reps bench

32" vert

9" hands

Not the same guy. Zenne is a much better built running back. 

Have you ever seen E. Smith's numbers out of college?  4.64 40 and he absolutely bombed every drill except the short shuttle, which is why the Cowboys drafted him.  His initial 5 yard burst was the best they'd ever seen. 

Barry Sanders - He only ran fast.  Everything else was not great.

Priest Holmes - He was so slow and "bad" that he couldn't get drafted. 

Some of the worst combines in history have done ok:  Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Terrell Suggs, NaVorro Bowman, Joe Haden, Elvis Dumervil, Justin Houston, Anquan Boldin, Vontaze Burfict and many more.  Use Google and you will see a ton of guys who either weren't drafted, or were thought to be bad picks by their team at the time based solely on their combine.  The names listed above were taken from a 2014 article on B/R.  Combines are overrated and used by fantasy owners.  I've heard scouts on Sirius Satellite Radio (NFL Channel) stating they absolutely don't pay any attention to combine numbers and it's a dog and pony show for the NFL.  The teams paying attention to combine number regularly draft the wrong people. 

VISION and the first five yards of the 40 are all that matter for a RB and you can list 30 guys who were Pro-Bowlers that fit into this category. 

31 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Have you ever seen E. Smith's numbers out of college?  4.64 40 and he absolutely bombed every drill except the short shuttle, which is why the Cowboys drafted him.  His initial 5 yard burst was the best they'd ever seen. 

Barry Sanders - He only ran fast.  Everything else was not great.

Priest Holmes - He was so slow and "bad" that he couldn't get drafted. 

Some of the worst combines in history have done ok:  Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Terrell Suggs, NaVorro Bowman, Joe Haden, Elvis Dumervil, Justin Houston, Anquan Boldin, Vontaze Burfict and many more.  Use Google and you will see a ton of guys who either weren't drafted, or were thought to be bad picks by their team at the time based solely on their combine.  The names listed above were taken from a 2014 article on B/R.  Combines are overrated and used by fantasy owners.  I've heard scouts on Sirius Satellite Radio (NFL Channel) stating they absolutely don't pay any attention to combine numbers and it's a dog and pony show for the NFL.  The teams paying attention to combine number regularly draft the wrong people. 

VISION and the first five yards of the 40 are all that matter for a RB and you can list 30 guys who were Pro-Bowlers that fit into this category. 

I wasn't saying that Zenner was an all pro. Just a competent and better built rb than Perkins

I grabbed TY in one league with a huge portion of FAAB and also got him in another league for a bit less. So far this year hasn't been many great FAAB players to drop your budget on. 

8 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I grabbed TY in one league with a huge portion of FAAB and also got him in another league for a bit less. So far this year hasn't been many great FAAB players to drop your budget on. 

i grabbed him in 2 leagues but am not overly optimistic.  hopefully he turns into something.  given that they are a pass first team, i just about am expecting mckissic to get tons of run.  but i picked up ty just in case he turns into one of those FA lottery ticket hits

2 hours ago, cavern said:

i grabbed him in 2 leagues but am not overly optimistic.  

Same here.  Hoping for the best, but no big expectations.  Kerryon himself was pretty disappointing so far in that offense before he went down.  

Hopefully Ty can shine in week 8 and use that as a springboard into the rest of the season.  If he can't exploit a tasty matchup against the Giants, that doesn't bode well for tougher matchups on the horizon.  Might even be a good sell-high candidate if he shows this week.

3 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

So far this year hasn't been many great FAAB players to drop your budget on. 

That remains true to this day.

3 hours ago, cavern said:

i just about am expecting mckissic to get tons of run.  but i picked up ty just in case he turns into one of those FA lottery ticket hits

I let other teams spend 25%-40% of their FAAB on Ty, and then I plucked McKissic for a nominal bid in half a dozen leagues where I was still carrying an expendable RB like Peyton Barber or Rex Burkhead.  I think he's the more likely payoff.

1 hour ago, WR Guru said:

Hopefully Ty can shine in week 8 and use that as a springboard into the rest of the season.  If he can't exploit a tasty matchup against the Giants, that doesn't bode well for tougher matchups on the horizon.  Might even be a good sell-high candidate if he shows this week.

He definitely has the best-case scenario for his first start--and you're right--if he's nothing special this week, he never will be.

I'm placing my bets on Stafford and McKissic as the biggest beneficiaries in the long haul--passes to McKissic are points for Stafford!

And I expect Ty to not be that guy, maybe 70% fail expectation. I also think this is the year many teams end with unspent FAAB waiting for those pickups that never materialize. 

18 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I also think this is the year many teams end with unspent FAAB waiting for those pickups that never materialize. 

By this point in the season, you should probably be down to about 20% of your FAAB money if you've been using it efficiently.  Your team by now should be pretty well set--chances are slim that anyone that comes available in the next 3-4 weeks is going to salvage your playoff run, if you're not already in the running.  You just need a little money to fine tune your Ks and Ds based on matchups from here on out, and maybe fiddle a little with your bench depth as you look ahead to the playoffs.

But if you haven't spent a large percentage of your FAAB improving your team to this point, you either drafted really well, or you're probly out of contention by now anyway.

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

By this point in the season, you should probably be down to about 20% of your FAAB money if you've been using it efficiently.  Your team by now should be pretty well set--chances are slim that anyone that comes available in the next 3-4 weeks is going to salvage your playoff run, if you're not already in the running.  You just need a little money to fine tune your Ks and Ds based on matchups from here on out, and maybe fiddle a little with your bench depth as you look ahead to the playoffs.

But if you haven't spent a large percentage of your FAAB improving your team to this point, you either drafted really well, or you're probly out of contention by now anyway.

There were not many great options on the wire this year. Folks are getting better and better at identifying speculative assets and picking them up a week or two ahead of time.

On 10/23/2019 at 12:24 PM, AxeElf said:

Still think McKissic is going to be the RB to own here, esp. in PPR.

On 10/23/2019 at 12:57 PM, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Interesting... Let's see if the Axe Elf Fantasty RecommendationTM pans out.

The Æ™ Fantasy Recommendation panned out to the tune of 16.2 PPR points today.

Thank you, Axe Elf!

On 10/24/2019 at 12:30 PM, AxeElf said:

I let other teams spend 25%-40% of their FAAB on Ty, and then I plucked McKissic for a nominal bid in half a dozen leagues where I was still carrying an expendable RB like Peyton Barber or Rex Burkhead.  I think he's the more likely payoff.

I even started McKissic today with Carson in a league where my other two RBs are Joe Mixon and Chris Thompson.  I've got a 40 point lead, but my opponent has 3 players to go yet, so the game is still very much in question.  Without McKissic's production, it would be a lot less in question.

Just now, AxeElf said:

The Æ™ Fantasy Recommendation panned out to the tune of 16.2 PPR points today.

I even started McKissic today with Carson in a league where my other two RBs are Joe Mixon and Chris Thompson.  I've got a 40 point lead, but my opponent has 3 players to go yet, so the game is still very much in question.  Without McKissic's production, it would be a lot less in question.

Well, to be fair, today was the first time he put up some decent numbers.  Otherwise, he's been sh#t the entire time.  Let's see if he can sustain it in the coming weeks.

But it's a good start.

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Well, to be fair, today was the first time he put up some decent numbers.  Otherwise, he's been sh#t the entire time.  Let's see if he can sustain it in the coming weeks.

But it's a good start.

It's only been two weeks since Kerryon went on ice, and the first week (last week) was the Tra Carson experiment.

What you saw today is the blueprint for the rest of the year--not guaranteeing a TD every week, but 4-6 carries, 3-5 receptions, 50-70 total yards... you know, acceptable flex numbers in PPR leagues, with enough TDs sprinkled in to make him an unexpected boon in a few more weeks too.  I think he will be the most reliable RB they have going forward, with Johnson and Perkins ranging from "ok" to "bust" with maybe 1 or 2 good weeks for each of them just when you don't expect it.

22 hours ago, AxeElf said:

If I hadn't dropped him for McKissic, I'd have been starting Mark Walton this game.

Walton 7.1 pts

McKissic 16.2 pts

I won by 5.0 pts.

Congrats. 

On 10/23/2019 at 12:24 PM, AxeElf said:

Still think McKissic is going to be the RB to own here, esp. in PPR.

True for the 2nd week in a row; 11.5 PPR points today, best of the Lions' RBs!

Congrats. 

So....Kerryon is expected to be activated from IR and eligible to play in week 16 against the Broncos. He has been practicing without limitations or setbacks since Dec 4th, and Patricia was praising his conditioning at the Friday presser.

Of course, the Lions (as per usual) have nothing to play for, but they might want to get him some reps to close the season, and Scarborough is pretty banged up (GTD tomorrow). For those in the playoffs, you might be able to find Kerryon floating around out there on the wire, and IF reports are good next week, he could potentially make an interesting flex in the Ship.

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

So....Kerryon is expected to be activated from IR and eligible to play in week 16 against the Broncos. He has been practicing without limitations or setbacks since Dec 4th, and Patricia was praising his conditioning at the Friday presser.

Of course, the Lions (as per usual) have nothing to play for, but they might want to get him some reps to close the season, and Scarborough is pretty banged up (GTD tomorrow). For those in the playoffs, you might be able to find Kerryon floating around out there on the wire, and IF reports are good next week, he could potentially make an interesting flex in the Ship.

I considered it as well, but it’s an absolutely huge risk. Not guaranteed he comes back, no clue what his workload might be, tough run D, third string QB, and while I’m a fan of Kerryon, it’s not like he was tearing up the league a la McCaffrey before he got hurt. For me, that’s too many question marks for a championship matchup