Sign in to follow this  
Pinesprings

James White....what is the obsession?

He solidly scores 12-13 points every week. Nothing more Nothing less. Only 1 Td on the year and ranked as a mid tier #2 rb in ppr. 

Im sorry, I just do not see it. Yes it is nice to count on 12-13 points consistently but that doesn't necessarily win it for you.

He gets pulled at the goaline for Sony, Only chance of Td is a screen. 

Ranked ahead of Austin Ekeler this week? ppr? Im confused. James White is a plodder. Ekeler can bust one for 50 and is lining up in slot. 

Part of it is probly the residual glow from his 87-catch, nearly-1200 yards and 12 TDs performance last year that made him the #7 PPR RB.

He's not on that pace this year, and he's not even really performed as a "mid-tier" RB2 in leagues smaller than 14 teams (RB21 on a ppg basis), but at least while Burkhead is out, he does have that kind of potential, and a solid, reliable 10-12 points is nothing to sneeze at.  He may not be the player you insert into your lineup hoping for a 25 point day, but he's one you can count on to not soil the sheets most of the time, either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Well you’ve answered your own question. Mid tier RB2 is nothing to scoff at :dunno:

He is ranked #8 in projections ppr. I find him extremely hard to trust with only 1 td on season. He is ahead of a ton of good rbs. I think i disagree. 

He had 3 points ppr in mid 3rd quarter until Brady passed heavy to him on one drive.

Pats defense is so good the game script of being behind rarely if ever happens and I doubt the Baker is going to blow out the Pats at home. I just do not see it.

What obsession? I got him dirt cheap in trade. Whos obsessing over him? I like him as a bye week filler or flex but ill always start higher upside WR's over him in the flex if i can.. 

Just now, Pinesprings said:

He is ranked #8 in projections ppr. I find him extremely hard to trust with only 1 td on season. He is ahead of a ton of good rbs. I think i disagree. 

He had 3 points ppr in mid 3rd quarter until Brady passed heavy to him on one drive.

Pats defense is so good the game script of being behind rarely if ever happens and I doubt the Baker is going to blow out the Pats at home. I just do not see it.

You said so yourself he is very consistent. Who cares when his points come in the game, they’re still worth the same value :dunno:

As for TDs you’re right he hasn’t scored many this year. He’s usually good for about a half dozen and he’s had games where he scored a bunch. They’ll come although of course he’s not a great play in TD heavy leagues.

#8 is probably a bit high though of course some players are on BYE this week and there have been injuries. But you’re giving him the short shrift

Just now, mgirgent said:

What obsession? I got him dirt cheap in trade. Whos obsessing over him? I like him as a bye week filler or flex but ill always start higher upside WR's over him in the flex if i can.. 

Mehhhhhh. Happy for you. enjoy the mediocre results. I am an owner too and do not get the high rankings week after week. Not one blow up game after 7 weeks. 

yet put ahead of so many other good running backs. 

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You said so yourself he is very consistent. Who cares when his points come in the game, they’re still worth the same value :dunno:

As for TDs you’re right he hasn’t scored many this year. He’s usually good for about a half dozen and he’s had games where he scored a bunch. They’ll come although of course he’s not a great play in TD heavy leagues.

#8 is probably a bit high though of course some players are on BYE this week and there have been injuries. But you’re giving him the short shrift

Hasn't scored many tds? He has 1 td.

Not one blow up game. In order to make a run in the regular season to make the playoffs you need an RB to have at least 3-5 big games to get you the W for that week. On a playoff run I will not be starting a rb who is Averaging 2 more PPR points per week than the inept Chris Thompson. 

5 minutes ago, Pinesprings said:

Hasn't scored many tds? He has 1 td.

Not one blow up game. In order to make a run in the regular season to make the playoffs you need an RB to have at least 3-5 big games to get you the W for that week. On a playoff run I will not be starting a rb who is Averaging 2 more PPR points per week than the inept Chris Thompson. 

Well of course we all wish he had a higher ceiling. But then he’d be a first round pick and your RB1

He's great depth in PPR. He's not going to win you the league on his own but won't lose it either.

He's great to have on the bench for fill ins on bye weeks or short term injuries. I have him in a couple of PPR leagues for that very reason.

Plus most any offensive player on the Patriots will have a big game here and there.

I have White as well. I was curious about the ranking this week too. Thought I missed an injury to Michel or something. I don't get it. He'll get his 10-13 points but that's it. I have him as my flex (right now) this week. Maybe he blows up. Maybe he gets his normal 10-13 lol

I mean looking at the projections I get it.  Expecting his usual 12-13 and then also a touchdown which puts him around 20.  If you look at Ekeler's projection it's essentially the same, but there isn't a projected TD.  Play who you think has a better chance of scoring. 

I love having a guy like White.  Consistency and a solid floor is important at times, too.    

It's last year. People are hoping he gets at least 1-2 of those games. Problem is they had nobody else last year and didn't have that defense. Totally different situation. The chances of him getting just one of those games is so low.

White was really close to 2 tds on Monday. I also don't know who is obsessed? I'm glad I have him in my 12 team league to depend on every week as my rb 2 or 3

In a non ppr he’s worthy on a roster spot, but as a rb4-5. 

In a ppr though, his 13 points per game avg is number on of the Rbs on the Pats. 

Hes a mid rb2. 

Diffently worthy of starting most weeks, based on ones roster at the rb postion. 

I have in a 1/2 PPR. His weekly scores have been 10.7, 10.4, DNP, 9.8, 10.2, 9, 9.4. Maddeningly consistent, and I don't see it changing much the rest of the season. If you need 10 points, he's your man. I would like him to see the end zone a little more, though.

In my 1 pt ppr he’s a great flex, floor of 12 pts a week regardless of matchup especially when burkheads banged up. Guess it depends on your league. Non PPR he’s not good but PPR the guy has a remarkably consistent floor and that’s comforting. 

Comforting to have to compete with Sony Michel, Brandon Bolden, Rex Bulkhead who should be back this week. One td on the season.

Yes his 12-13 ppr avg is solid but as many of you have stated he could have a TD and make that 20 points which would be a nice start.

He also could have a week where he catches 4-27 and rushes for 10 yards and brings you 7.7 points vs Cleveland where game script is unlikely they will be playing from behind.

No thank you. I have little confidence he should be rated #8 this week ppr on this site.

2 hours ago, Pinesprings said:

Comforting to have to compete with Sony Michel, Brandon Bolden, Rex Bulkhead who should be back this week. One td on the season.

Yes his 12-13 ppr avg is solid but as many of you have stated he could have a TD and make that 20 points which would be a nice start.

He also could have a week where he catches 4-27 and rushes for 10 yards and brings you 7.7 points vs Cleveland where game script is unlikely they will be playing from behind.

No thank you. I have little confidence he should be rated #8 this week ppr on this site.

You are taking this very personally. What did James White do to you? Do we need to bring out a doll? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

You are taking this very personally. What did James White do to you? D

There's only the one obvious answer: He punched PineSpring in front of his wife and kids.

Just now, NAn said:

There's only the one obvious answer: He punched PineSpring in front of his wife and kids.

This makes total sense 👍

James white has the potential to put up 6-60-2/3 on any given week. Gamble? Sure...but.....NOBODY catches the ball out of the backfield for NE

35 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

James white has the potential to put up 6-60-2/3 on any given week.

Yeah, not really.  He had 3 TDs in the 2017 Super Bowl, but that's the only time, and other than that, he's had 2 TDs in a week twice in the course of his six-year career.

It's more realistic to say that he has the potential to put up a TD in any given week, along with his base 6-50.

I've been acquiring James White on my teams that have Sony Michel both in .5 PPR and PPR.

He's not stud but if he's your bye week flex or an RB2 you can win with him.

Personally I might be rolling out both this week if Kamara sits and hope for like 25 points combined nothing crazy. 

P.S. He was inches away from the pylon on a td in the Jets game AND had one called back from a holding penalty.  

The other thing to consider is that the Pats D is having this epic season both because they are really good and because they have played Pitt, Miami, Jets, Bills, Giants, Skins, Jets

That's laughably bad and James White probably wasnt need in many of those games

Upcoming Cleveland, Bmore, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans, Chiefs, Bengals, Bills

He might be needed to score some points.

I'd take the over on his production increases over the first half of the season if healthy. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

The other thing to consider is that the Pats D is having this epic season both because they are really good and because they have played Pitt, Miami, Jets, Bills, Giants, Skins, Jets

That's laughably bad and James White probably wasnt need in many of those games

Upcoming Cleveland, Bmore, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans, Chiefs, Bengals, Bills

He might be needed to score some points.

I'd take the over on his production increases over the first half of the season if healthy. 

I agree that they may need him more. Sony Michel is the absolute suck. I can't believe they still give him so many carries

Burkhead back this week.. White still had plenty of work.. Game flow was pretty awful this week against the Browns.. 10 to zip quick of course.. Blowout late. Ravens next on schedule.

Really seems like brady loves to have white on the field. Gives him someone to dump off to which helps Brady avoid a bunch of hits at 40+. 

this is a craptastic thread, nice work OP.  :rolleyes:  Dude is an absolute plug-n-play flex guy when you have injuries or bye week issues.  I haven't played him once all season and roster him in two of three leagues (the 3rd is a non-ppr) just so nobody else gets him. 

21 hours ago, jgcrawfish said:

this is a craptastic thread, nice work OP.  :rolleyes:  Dude is an absolute plug-n-play flex guy when you have injuries or bye week issues.  I haven't played him once all season and roster him in two of three leagues (the 3rd is a non-ppr) just so nobody else gets him. 

Start from the very beginning. I simply question why the dude is rated so high. He was rated #8ppr last week and produced a crummy 11 points. He has 1 td on the year and hasn't scored over 13points in 8 weeks of the season in ppr.

The guy sucks yet is continuously ranked as a low end #1rb ppr. 

Makes zero sense to me yet nearly every one of you ran to his rescue to defend his value last week only to see another crummy performance. How is a 12 point average in ppr worthy of such a high ranking??? 

5 minutes ago, Pinesprings said:

Start from the very beginning. I simply question why the dude is rated so high. He was rated #8ppr last week and produced a crummy 11 points. He has 1 td on the year and hasn't scored over 13points in 8 weeks of the season in ppr.

The guy sucks yet is continuously ranked as a low end #1rb ppr. 

Makes zero sense to me yet nearly every one of you ran to his rescue to defend his value last week only to see another crummy performance. How is a 12 point average in ppr worthy of such a high ranking??? 

You’ve got a point but you shoot yourself in the foot with hyperbole.

No he doesn’t “suck.”

Yes he probably shouldn’t be rated the #8 RB even in PPR.

Another week, another James White solid game. I am still waiting to see the hordes of James White obsessed fans maching down the streets. 

On 10/29/2019 at 3:55 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

Another week, another James White solid game. I am still waiting to see the hordes of James White obsessed fans maching down the streets. 

LOL.

Ok....so he now has a toe injury with limited practice Friday? Great. And a Sunday night game. Ughhhhhh, My Edmonds thing didn't work out and Latavius is off so I was looking forward to my 12 ppr points from White but now looks like I will have to put in McCoy in a bad matchup.

I can't wait till Sunday night and him be inactive. Very little news out there, just questionable. Belicheckian Games. 

Crap I either roll with Singletary in my flex or hope White plays....only other options are McLaurin or I drop Matison which I don't want to do....could also drop Goff as my backup QB

I would bet white plays and he’ll have an integral roll if so. I suspect this is a little gamesmanship by the Pats to keep Harbaugh and the Ravens guessing

evaluate your roster, and think about how you play it each week.  every player has some risk/reward.  if you need a steady 10-13, there you go.  if you are looking for more pop, players like watkins, hardman, pettis, might be your home run plays.... but you might get some goose eggs from them.  it may come down to how strong your opponent is and you need the big play :dunno:

His questionable status heading into a night game obviously will result in playing it “safe” with riskier options, or gambling if u don’t have a backup plan. Terrible situation.  Especially sucks bc this is finally a contest where game script might be in his favor.