Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

Good trade....I hope

3 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Just made a trade with the Hunt owner.....gave Chubb for Carson. 

Damn I wish I had Hunt so I could trade for Chubb

That's a great trade ... for dyslexics.

You're supposed to trade the handcuff to the guy who owns the starter, not the other way around.

Anyway, I get it. You're betting that Hunt significantly cuts into Chubb's workload. A lot of us in this thread think you're wrong about that. We shall see.

Hunt is definetly cutting into his workload. I don't know if you've noticed , but the Browns aren't doing so hot. Do you think they aren't going to try something new? 

Wrong forearm. Of course, you could have just done what everyone else does and title it: “Chubb or Carson ROS?”.

That being said, I believe that you did fine. Carson is on the better team, and only got stronger as the year progressed last season.

Pretty even trade, I'd rather the Chubb side, he is the Browns offense and even with Hunt his role is safe. The biggest difference is Chubb is through his bye, Carson is not and Cle's schedule is much better than seattle for Rb's.

Also have a proposal out for me giving Watson & J.Wilson for Minshew & Bell...owner has Jones & I have R.Wilson. 

45 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Probably a “both sides win” trade.

The way I was looking at it....this league doesn't trade so....waiting on the vote.

34 minutes ago, zftcg said:

That's a great trade ... for dyslexics.

You're supposed to trade the handcuff to the guy who owns the starter, not the other way around.

Anyway, I get it. You're betting that Hunt significantly cuts into Chubb's workload. A lot of us in this thread think you're wrong about that. We shall see.

I get that....time will tell.

1 hour ago, Nomad99 said:

Very interesting trade, I can’t wait to see how this one works out.  

Good luck. 

1 hour ago, Nomad99 said:

WINNER!

1 hour ago, Ehlana said:

You traded Chubb away and got Carson?

Yes....waiting on league approval 

Pretty even….Chubb for Carson

I just traded for Chubb and am sitting at 6-1….I am stacked at WR and needed another RB1 for playoff push....sent Julio for Chubb..so my big five now:

Watson

Hopkins

Godwin

AJones

Chubb

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hunt is definetly cutting into his workload. I don't know if you've noticed , but the Browns aren't doing so hot. Do you think they aren't going to try something new? 

The problem is not Chubb

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The problem is not Chubb

No, he's not. The problem is the offense. It's not working. They will try and see what Hunt can do. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No, he's not. The problem is the offense. It's not working. They will try and see what Hunt can do. 

You are correct. Eventually when Hunt gets in game shape after not playing a down of football for over a year they will see what he can do in place Of Hilliard and the other back up RB's. They may even play both of them at the same time.

7 minutes ago, jrokh said:

You are correct. Eventually when Hunt gets in game shape after not playing a down of football for over a year they will see what he can do in place Of Hilliard and the other back up RB's. They may even play both of them at the same time.

He's practicing now. That's two weeks of him getting acclimated. I anticipate him hitting the ground running. They only have him signed until the end of the year. 

59 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He's practicing now. That's two weeks of him getting acclimated. I anticipate him hitting the ground running. They only have him signed until the end of the year. 

Then you are very likely going to be disappointed.

12 hours ago, jrokh said:

Then you are very likely going to be disappointed.

I'll wait until Axe weighs in on this. You don't bother saying why. 

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'll wait until Axe weighs in on this. You don't bother saying why. 

I thought I had. It's not rocket science. For the record I own both cle RBs. Hunt hasn't played a down of football for over a year. 2 weeks of practice doesn't erase that. It's not a Lev Bell Jets situation they are paying him peanuts and they already have a RB on their roster who is performing at or near the top of every RB metric. I am not a Browns fan but I live in Cleveland, watch most games, read the local sports, and listen to local sports radio. Hunt will be eased into action. In week 10 against the Bills you would have to be awful desperate to start him. Could he take one of his few touches to the house? Sure, but I wouldn't count on it in the same way I would have advised against playing Mattison last night. HTH

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'll wait until Axe weighs in on this.

I thought I already had...

22 hours ago, Nomad99 said:

21 hours ago, AxeElf said:

WINNER!

Hunt isn't a guy I would want to rely on starting, but I do think he's going to turn Chubb from a RB1 into a RB2 for the second half of the season.

Chubb is on a team struggling offensively, (20th in yards per game) & has still managed 5.3 ypc.

Carson's on a team doing great offensively (6th in yards per game) but he's only getting 4.1 ypc

Chubb is a better RB, but Carson's 'situation' is better.

The schedule favors Chubb. (as others have already mentioned) 

This week at New England will no doubt be challenging, but after that it looks pretty good. 

Another + for Chubb is (as others have already mentioned) is that his bye week is out of the way.

All things considered, I figure it was a good trade for both of you.

Chubb does have Hunt returning, and Hunt well play. 

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Chubb does have Hunt returning, and Hunt well play. 

If you were directing that at me, I am/was aware that Hunt will return & play.

Covered that in sentence 3 

Chubb is a better RB, but Carsons 'situation' is better.

If I wanted to direct a post towards you, I’m not shy, I would have done so. Your not anything special, neither was your da post.  

Im just another da poster like yourself and I’m just posting a statement. 

Now if that’s a bother then don’t look. 

Gee wiz people are so sensitive. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

If I wanted to direct a post towards you, I’m not shy, I would have done so. Your not anything special, neither was your da post.  

Im just another da poster like yourself and I’m just posting a statement. 

Now if that’s a bother then don’t look. 

Gee wiz people are so sensitive. 

What does "da" stand for?

Just curious...

Stands for the da was not supposed to be involved. 

I was going to put ff.  

Sorry about making another mistake. 

Considering how Chubb has played, they should be trying to trade Hunt, not play him.  Why would you trade the only part of your offense that is working?  That's just dumb.  Hunt is better than any other RB currently being shopped.  Gordon proved again today he simply cannot run the ball anymore and was playing a team several other RB's have flat out torn up.  That kid in Detroit everyone spent their WW Money on (and I said would be a major bust) was a major bust.  Drake is, at best, a part time RB.  If Hunt were to go to a team like the Lions, or the Cardinals, he could be a valuable guy down the stretch.  I just don't see him getting a ton of carries in Cleveland.  I think he was their fallback option in case Chubb couldn't get going.  I would bet they could snag a 3rd rounder from someone for Hunt.  They'd be crazy to not do it.