bostonlager

What if we get refugees here?

From what Joe posted he's seriously contemplating taking a page out of the left's book and may SHUT IT DOWN.  Says he's just trying to get through the week.  I don't blame him, that place is a cesspool.  I know I wouldn't want my business being associated with that place.

9 minutes ago, Mark Davis said:

From what Joe posted he's seriously contemplating taking a page out of the left's book and may SHUT IT DOWN.  Says he's just trying to get through the week.  I don't blame him, that place is a cesspool.  I know I wouldn't want my business being associated with that place.

Agreed.  It's an absolute embarrassment. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

If Tim comes over here I will personally drive him away, and I know exactly how to do it.  In ways that get you timeouts over at FBNazis but not here.

Tim would never come here. He has said before he was appalled by what he saw here when he took a gander. 

13 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Agreed.  It's an absolute embarrassment. 

At one time I actually had a lengthy phone call with one of the owners there about doing some ads for my old retail website.  It was amazing even several years ago they were very open about traffic issues.  Given what's taking place now I wouldn't want to advertise with them and I think Joe is probably getting some blowback from someone who actually contributes a revenue stream.  Let's face it, money talks.

He just expanded on his thoughts and the piling on and snark seems to have gotten to him.  I'm sure it's those 13% of Trump supporters who caused that over there.

12 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Tim would never come here. He has said before he was appalled by what he saw here when he took a gander. 

Because they are a bunch of intolerant, trans-gendered snowflakes that don't want disagreement in their safe space.  They had a thread dedicated to their outrage that someone used the word "trannies" in a post on the site.  Some were calling for that poster to be banned if he didn't apologize.

I love the irony of "Free for All" forum having strict rules on whats posted.  Shuold be called "Free for All if it aligns with our views".  I realize its Joes site and his rules, but you can't escape the irony. 

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

I love the irony of "Free for All" forum having strict rules on whats posted.  Shuold be called "Free for All if it aligns with our views".  I realize its Joes site and his rules, but you can't escape the irony. 

Joe is all but saying the lefties snark and attempted bullying has contributed in large part to this.  He was quick to correct Tim that it wasn't 60/40 there like he claimed and the poll that MT posted showed it was more like 87/13.  

3 minutes ago, Mark Davis said:

Joe is all but saying the lefties snark and attempted bullying has contributed in large part to this.  He was quick to correct Tim that it wasn't 60/40 there like he claimed and the poll that MT posted showed it was more like 87/13.  

I've seen them defend that large disparity by saying that, well, a good portion of that are really conservatives who just don't like Trump.  🙄

Like you, I've also seen them say that the site is fairly balanced between conservative and liberal posters.  Unbelievable.  Far from it.  It's a clueless bubble.

8 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Hell is coming with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:overhead:

Wow...i do give him props on the language.  Genocidal fukwits made me chuckle.

By the looks of it, it seems he has already decided to shut the motherfocker down. I can honestly say I have mixed emotions about it. On one hand I hate those homos over there and wish nothing but terminal illness and suffering upon them. At the same time I have spent the last several months creating aliases over there so I could bomb them after the 2020 Trump victory with words that would likely get me arrested and sentenced to death if I said them on the UCONN campus. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Yeah, I’ve been tolerant of that guy and enjoyed some of his perspectives. He was welcomed here by almost everyone. 

But Fock that guy. 

What did I say wrong.  You guys are suppose to be tough I thought.  What's with all the soft feelings here.  You bash FBG almost daily here but they rarely ever talk about this site.  I made TWO comments there in the last few weeks and you guys got beyond butt hurt.  The funny thing is that what I said was accurate.  This is just another example of you guys being exactly what you make fun of others for being.

What was wrong with the comment I made yesterday?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bostonlager said:

It’s looking like it’s possible. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/781433-saving-the-psf-how-can-we-as-a-community-make-this-place-better/

In the event we do I hope everyone here would treat them exactly the opposite way that Barack Hussein Obama would want us to. 

Christ. That sanctimonious pack of retard loving cvm slurpers is just focking ridiculous. 

14 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

They all might show up here.  We need to build a wall.  Any way we can get FBGheys to pay for it?

:lol:

14 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Mike needs to put up a paywall. Now

Don’t even joke about that man, it’s painful.

Once upon a time, when you were -8 years old or so, the #1 FF forum on the internet search engines was thehuddle.com the biggest and the best.There are a few of us that posted there. It was great. You felt free to say whatever was on your mind without worry. So the sitcom bubble burst 

and one day, the assnuggut co-owner Walter Whitney has your idea, “let’s change people to post in the forum”.

Well, only the free Huddle was worth paying for. When they put up that paywall though, most people left. But 80% of the people left. It turned out that the pay huddle wasn’t worth paying for and after one year, a hell of a lot more left. Thehuddle still exists but it’s a ghost town. 

Going pay screws your site.

So a lot of huddled exiles checked out other forums. The most popular destination seemed to be a new FF site going into their first NFL season...footballgays. So that’s where I went too. I was still in the pay huddle too but it was a shadow of what it had once been and I went looking for my friends.

This is getting long enough. I like to think I’m an upstanding contributor who doesn’t stir sh1t. I set up the Interboard Challenge FF league while I was there. It wasn’t a collaboration, the entire format was my idea and I taught that idea to 35 people.

So anyway, a longtime great Huddler, excellent contributor, and friend of mine got banned for no reason that I could tell. So I post something like “(Cyric was it?) is an excellent forum member, he did nothing wrong, we should use some discretion when banning people.” So that’s how I got banned. So I gave up on that place. I’m a grown-ass man with dignity. I ‘m not going to allow myself to be thought policed by hyperactive children.

I made an alias, moved the IBL board offsite, then left that place behind permanently and came over here. Joe can run his forum however he wants. That’s his prerogative, but I don’t have to deal with it. Thankfully Mike and FFT exist.

Anyway no paywall. I’ve seen what happens with that

I can't read that entire thread without gouging my eyes out.  A few page 1 observations:

1. Joe legit sounds like he was crying when he typed those posts.  From his safe space.

2. Multiple posts to the effect of "but what are we to expect when their hero Trump is evil incarnate?"  As if they legitimately don't think that such posts are part of the problem.  Actually, I'm sure of it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fandandy said:

I was actually kind of impressed that you guys had gone almost a week without talking about that place.

As someone who was permanently banned over there for primarily posting pro trump stuff  in the Trump 2016 election thread. I said, see you later and left the site. I try not to talk about it much because I don't really care what they do over there. It's joes site and he wants puppie dogs, rainbows, and everyone to hug. I prefer real grown up talk and sure some low brow name calling can be fun too. I think the vast majority of the regular posters here would be willing to sit down with each other and have a beer or whatever girly drink MDC orders and bust each other balls.

What worries me is those people coming here. Not because I fear what they have to say, but because of how they go about having the conversation. To disagree with them means you should be banned and or guaranteed. They are very aggressive when it comes to reporting "wrong think" and I worry they will overwhelm what little moderation we have here. They WILL demand stricter moderation they will attempt to gain positions of power over here and they will try and turn the geek club into another liberal echo chamber.

If Joe shuts down the political forum those soybois will need to get their fix and they will come here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think it's funny that the Liberal website being a Liberal echo chamber is having problems.

It's what they do. Extreme liberals in general do not make things better. this has been proven time and time again with business who pander to the liberal beliefs. 

I do kind of like the board for differing opinions but my god the cries to ban this guy or ban that guy and ignore this and ban that and restrict who can post and so and so and so on....I've never seen so many collectively trying to squash other's opinions.  It is the one thing that is very bizarre over there.

Plus the reporting of course.  Those guys seem to run to the mods a LOT. 

It is very unlikely they could handle it here with the lack of any monitoring.   Way too many feelings would get hurt.

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

I do kind of like the board for differing opinions but my god the cries to ban this guy or ban that guy and ignore this and ban that and restrict who can post and so and so and so on....I've never seen so many collectively trying to squash other's opinions.  It is the one thing that is very bizarre over there.

Plus the reporting of course.  Those guys seem to run to the mods a LOT. 

It is very unlikely they could handle it here with the lack of any monitoring.   Way too many feelings would get hurt.

I honestly think this is a fairly recent development within the liberal base.  It used to be you could disagree with someone but have a beer later.  Now if you don't agree with them you are morally wrong and need to be censored.  Any belief that doesn't fall in line with their perceived socially acceptable way of thinking needs to be suppressed and those who resist need to be punished.  We see it now with the mobs calling for people to lose their jobs for simply disagreeing with them.  They argue that because someone doesn't believe the way that they do that the person is therefore evil or morally deficient in some way.  It's not a good thing but it's certainly a way of thinking that has begun to be prevalent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

As someone who was permanently banned over there for primarily posting pro trump stuff  in the Trump 2016 election thread. I said, see you later and left the site. I try not to talk about it much because I don't really care what they do over there. It's joes site and he wants puppie dogs, rainbows, and everyone to hug. I prefer real grown up talk and sure some low brow name calling can be fun too. I think the vast majority of the regular posters here would be willing to sit down with each other and have a beer or whatever girly drink MDC orders and bust each other balls.

What worries me is those people coming here. Not because I fear what they have to say, but because of how they go about having the conversation. To disagree with them means you should be banned and or guaranteed. They are very aggressive when it comes to reporting "wrong think" and I worry they will overwhelm what little moderation we have here. They WILL demand stricter moderation they will attempt to gain positions of power over here and they will try and turn the geek club into another liberal echo chamber.

If Joe shuts down the political forum those soybois will need to get their fix and they will come here.

Bring em on. It's happened before. I've been here... Over 15 years? Others have been here longer than that. In all those years, it gone back and forth. There have actually been times when the left outnumbered the right around here. There have been slap fights, jihads that resulted in us being jihaded back, news stories in national media about the bored... All kinds of sh!t. In all that time, Mike's never gone with much moderating. I don't see him starting now, and I certainly don't see him banning long term members left and right because a bunch of new tvvats whine about how we roll. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Bring em on. It's happened before. I've been here... Over 15 years? Others have been here longer than that. In all those years, it gone back and forth. There have actually been times when the left outnumbered the right around here. There have been slap fights, jihads that resulted in us being jihaded back, news stories in national media about the bored... All kinds of sh!t. In all that time, Mike's never gone with much moderating. I don't see him starting now, and I certainly don't see him banning long term members left and right because a bunch of new tvvats whine about how we roll. 

I welcome more liberals to beat down day after day. The tactics have changed. They cannot win arguments over here because they relay on feelings not facts. So they have to silence the dissenting voice. You're right Mike has been a beacon of free speech for a very long time. So there is hope.

1 minute ago, Mark Davis said:

I honestly think this is a fairly recent development within the liberal base.  It used to be you could disagree with someone but have a beer later.  Now if you don't agree with them you are morally wrong and need to be censored.  Any belief that doesn't fall in line with their perceived socially acceptable way of thinking needs to be suppressed and those who resist need to be punished.  We see it now with the mobs calling for people to lose their jobs for simply disagreeing with them.  They argue that because someone doesn't believe the way that they do that the person is therefore evil or morally deficient in some way.  It's not a good thing but it's certainly a way of thinking that has begun to be prevalent.

It's really amazing how fast and how totally it has changed. 

It wasn't too long ago when the right (specifically the Bible thumping wing) were the ones intolerant of any dissenting opinion.

Now, the left mercilessly crushes any disagreement at all. I run into it all over the internet. If you criticize any part of the agenda, your ass is gone. They will mob up, try to dox you, whatever. It's focking nuts. 

Even my dad, who has always been a very reasonable man, is insane anymore when it comes to politics. We had it out when he was here a couple weeks ago. My brother and I had the gall to question man made global warming, he went nuts. Then I defended something about Trump, lukewarmly at best, and that started a rant about how I'm poor and if anyone should hate Trump it's me. Blah blah blah. It's insane. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

I welcome more liberals to beat down day after day. The tactics have changed. They cannot win arguments over here because they relay on feelings not facts. So they have to silence the dissenting voice. You're right Mike has been a beacon of free speech for a very long time. So there is hope.

If nothing else it will be hilarious to watch them get their feathers ruffled. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

That's what they do with Society at large.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What did I say wrong.  You guys are suppose to be tough I thought.  What's with all the soft feelings here.  You bash FBG almost daily here but they rarely ever talk about this site.  I made TWO comments there in the last few weeks and you guys got beyond butt hurt.  The funny thing is that what I said was accurate.  This is just another example of you guys being exactly what you make fun of others for being.

What was wrong with the comment I made yesterday?

The squishy, naïve posting act where you ask others to point out what was wrong with your opinion or argument is getting old.  These are people who don't agree with your views in the first place, yet you keep trying to engage them like you're in some kind of Socratic dialogue where the reader is going to learn something.  The false assumptions/projections are pretty dumb too.  You should go home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

The squishy, naïve posting act where you ask others to point out what was wrong with your opinion or argument is getting old.  These are people who don't agree with your views in the first place, yet you keep trying to engage them like you're in some kind of Socratic dialogue where the reader is going to learn something.  The false assumptions/projections are pretty dumb too.  You should go home.

Nice takedown. And spot on. 

14 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Just ignore me.

45 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I can't read that entire thread without gouging my eyes out.  A few page 1 observations:

1. Joe legit sounds like he was crying when he typed those posts.  From his safe space.

2. Multiple posts to the effect of "but what are we to expect when their hero Trump is evil incarnate?"  As if they legitimately don't think that such posts are part of the problem.  Actually, I'm sure of it.

One day out of nowhere Joe banned "who's hottest" threads.  Even the few chicks over there didn't have a problem with them but Joe did.  And deleted their "Yoga Pants" thread that had been doing well for a long time. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Just ignore me.

Why?  Can you point out anything that was wrong with my post?  I thought you were supposed to be tolerant of opposing viewpoints.

2 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Why?  Can you point out anything that was wrong with my post?  I thought you were supposed to be tolerant of opposing viewpoints.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with your post.  It just seemed like you were bothered by mine and wanted me to leave.  I don't plan to leave so maybe you should just ignore what I have to say then.  Pretty simple, really.  Makes no difference to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I didn't think there was anything wrong with your post.  It just seemed like you were bothered by mine and wanted me to leave.  I don't plan to leave so maybe you should just ignore what I have to say then.  Pretty simple, really.  Makes no difference to me.

Number one, that post was my Hawkeye21 impression.  Number two, if you didn't think there was anything wrong with the prior post, maybe you should take the message to heart.

6 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Do liberal men watch football due to the tight uniforms?

Fantasy brought the nerds into it. You don't think effeminate poseurs like MDC actually played? 

20 minutes ago, Strike said:

One day out of nowhere Joe banned "who's hottest" threads.  Even the few chicks over there didn't have a problem with them but Joe did.  And deleted their "Yoga Pants" thread that had been doing well for a long time. 

I don't throw around the word Cuck a lot, but Joe certainly is one. I bet that Mongoloid kid is his isn't even his.