Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

When the Belichik Era is over

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

What do they name after him? Rename the Lombardi trophy? 

Why would they do that?  Lombardi is still the greatest coach ever.  Besides, he never cheated.

And are you basing this on all the creampuffs NE has played up to today?

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Why would they do that?  Lombardi is still the greatest coach ever.  Besides, he never cheated.

They’ve had nothing but cream puffs for 20 years?

Even when they won the super bowl six times?

:doh:

2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

There are more teams and much more parody than when Lombardi coached. Plus I'm sure he never tried to gain an advantage, right? Anyway, Bill > Lombardi. It's not even a comparison. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

There are more teams and much more parody than when Lombardi coached. Plus I'm sure he never tried to gain an advantage, right? Anyway, Bill > Lombardi. It's not even a comparison. 

Yeah, I'm guessing no one besides Pats fans think this.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yeah, I'm guessing no one besides Pats fans think this.

Im not a Pats fan. I do like them and I root for them, but it's only because of Belichik and Brady.

10 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Belichik's a great coach, but I think you stick with the guy who did it first.

9 minutes ago, Beyond Chaos said:

Belichik's a great coach, but I think you stick with the guy who did it first.

That's fine, but he deserves something named after him, right? The Lombardi trophy is the trophy for SBs which Belichik has the most. 

12 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

That's fine, but he deserves something named after him, right? The Lombardi trophy is the trophy for SBs which Belichik has the most. 

Sure.  Why don't we name a street after him instead?  Seems more apt.

Just now, Thornton Melon said:

I don't think Bill would care if anything was named after him...in fact he'd prefer nothing was.

Prolly this.  He doesn't need anything else.  He's already got the rings.  That's all that counts, no?

2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Prolly this.  He doesn't need anything else.  He's already got the rings.  That's all that counts, no?

Yes.

Although, as I think about it, they could name the vacation home in your head after him. You know, the one he uses when he's on vacation from his main rent free residence in Roadlizard's head.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thornton Melon said:

Yes.

Although, as I think about it, they could name the vacation home in your head after him. You know, the one he uses when he's on vacation from his main rent free residence in Roadlizard's head.

In my head I'm charging him rent.  AND that f@cker is paying too!

They should just retire the word championship and replace it with Belichick.

I for one can't wait for the Clippers to win the NBA Belichick.

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

No, but I wouldn't be surprised if they name a new award after him.

Coach of the Year maybe?

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

I for one can't wait for the Clippers to win the NBA Belichick.

Deflated basketballs will never work.

• Haha 1

Call the Super Bowl, the New England Invitational?

actually might make sense to rename the AFC Championship trophy to the Bill B trophy...he's basically lived there his entire career in New England

He will be in the HOF - that's it.  A good coach that stumbled into Brady.  People forget that he was on the hot seat and well on his way to being fired from his second head coaching gig when Bledsoe got hurt and he was forced to start Brady at QB.

56 minutes ago, Showboat said:

He will be in the HOF - that's it.  A good coach that stumbled into Brady.  People forget that he was on the hot seat and well on his way to being fired from his second head coaching gig when Bledsoe got hurt and he was forced to start Brady at QB.

51 minutes ago, nobody said:

Brady is Chad Pennington without Belichick.

What’s so fascinating is that you could make a compelling case for both of these theories.

8 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

What’s so fascinating is that you could make a compelling case for both of these theories.

"Compelling" is doing a lot of work in that sentence.

18 hours ago, yadwick said:

actually might make sense to rename the AFC Championship trophy to the Bill B trophy...he's basically lived there his entire career in New England

Already named after Lamar Hunt, who was one of the founders of the AFL. That's not changing.

On 10/29/2019 at 12:09 AM, nobody said:

Brady is Chad Pennington without Belichick.

On 10/29/2019 at 1:01 AM, IGotWorms said:

Pennington, aside from his injury history, was an excellent QB.  He was one of the most accurate passers in the NFL over his career.  Of the 6 seasons he qualified, he was top 5 in 5 of those years and top 10 in all 6.  In fact, from the Super Bowl era to 2008 (the end of Pennington's career - and when the game became more pass heavy), Pennington is #1 at 65.97% among all QB's who threw at least 1,000 passes (oh, and ranks 4th all-time from day 1 to today).  Every other QB in the top 5, are active, just an f.y.i.  In yards/att, he ranks 21st (in the range noted previously), and ranks 5th in passer rating.  In his tenure with the Jets, he was 32-29 and made the playoffs 4 times (in 6 seasons).  From 1990 to today, the Jets made the playoffs only 4 other times... to show you that he was a beacon among ineptness.

If Chad Pennington had been able to stay healthy, he'd have been a hall of famer, even without Belichick.

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Pennington, aside from his injury history, was an excellent QB.  He was one of the most accurate passers in the NFL over his career.  Of the 6 seasons he qualified, he was top 5 in 5 of those years and top 10 in all 6.  In fact, from the Super Bowl era to 2008 (the end of Pennington's career - and when the game became more pass heavy), Pennington is #1 at 65.97% among all QB's who threw at least 1,000 passes (oh, and ranks 4th all-time from day 1 to today).  Every other QB in the top 5, are active, just an f.y.i.  In yards/att, he ranks 21st (in the range noted previously), and ranks 5th in passer rating.  In his tenure with the Jets, he was 32-29 and made the playoffs 4 times (in 6 seasons).  From 1990 to today, the Jets made the playoffs only 4 other times... to show you that he was a beacon among ineptness.

If Chad Pennington had been able to stay healthy, he'd have been a hall of famer, even without Belichick.

Agreed.  He was a good, not great, quarterback.  Exactly what Brady would've been without Belichick.

Pennington couldn’t throw a football past 25yds.

GTFO..

I get the argument for circumstance...But Brady’s mediocrity at UM in college and Bellicheks timing is magic. Don’t have to love it, but don’t hate it. They have done it together.. with no HOFers in between (Except Vinatieri..the fooking kicker, who earned it)

FU if you think guys like Gronk, Chung, Bruski are HOFers. 

And if you think they had to cheat, you are an infant. I don’t talk to adolescents, Mmmm.

3 hours ago, nobody said:

Agreed.  He was a good, not great, quarterback.  Exactly what Brady would've been without Belichick.

Exactly what Belichick could have been without Brady.