Sign in to follow this  
FlyinHeadlock

UPDATE: Kenyan Drake Situation - Traded to Arizona

Goofy circumstances. Miami Agreed in principle to a trade with some phantom team. Never heard of that before. I suspect it's Detroit. I held on to him even though I know the odds of him being relevant are very low. I do think his situation will be better than Mark Walton. At least Drake might be playing on a team trying to win games and they may use him on the GL. 

Detroit's schedule ROS is tough but Drake is a solid pass catcher. I think it's a good gamble if that is the case. A decent flex or injury fill in. Worse options out there ....meh. 

I'll say about Drake what I did about Ty last week (and nobody listened), he's a part time RB.  That's it.  He's never been "good", so I'm not sure why people are thinking he suddenly will be.  Detroit is the best fit for him, in my opinion, but for how long?  He definitely has more value in PPR than in Standard scoring if he winds up there.  I'd be shocked if he goes anywhere and has more than one good game against a very weak rush defense.  Points are points though, so if you own him, hang on and see what happens.  I've seen people try to trade for him, which makes no sense to me, giving up a known commodity for a never was? 

Miami doesn't want to win, so any RB there is screwed.  I like Walton, especially after watching him the last few weeks.  Anyone who can average 5 ypc behind the Miami offensive line has some talent.  He won't get a full time role this year though, so he's stashed on my bench in dynasty leagues. 

In PPR he was getting enough in Miami as a flex/utility player. Not great but good enough. The only week I started him he got 13 pts. One has to assume he will get at least 10 pts and likely a little more on a team trying to sneak into the playoffs. Detroit is no Miami. That team has not thrown in the towel yet. They do have a hard schedule but they could make a run. If he goes to the Titans very similar situation but not as good. They have Henry and their ROS is a rougher ride.

Short term, I guess this is good for his usage, since their entire RB depth chart is injured right now. But he won't play on Thursday, they have an absolutely brutal stretch coming up (followed by a bye), and at the end of the day they still have DJ, so unless his injury turns out to be much more serious than what we've been told, Drake can't count on a big workload. (And even if DJ were to go to IR, I'm not sure I'd trust Drake. The guy has never been an RB1 despite numerous opportunities behind RBs significantly less talented than Johnson).

I agree, however, you know fantasy owners are going to hype him up beyond belief.  Drake is not Edmonds and definitely not DJ.  I'm shocked the Cardinals gave up anything.  They aren't going anywhere this season, so why give up a pick at all?  For a team rebuilding, that seems odd. 

I'm not hyping him at all. He's still drop material with the trade. As a what the heck flex/fill in PPR, it might work out. Hard to find those right now. Arizona is about the best case scenario with his pass catching skills.  

Long term, I don't see this hurting DJ's carries but this could cut into his receiving numbers

1 hour ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

He could totally play THURS. Horrible match up but what else do they have. Even Zenner got a few points against a more stout run D yesterday. 

Rotoworld has a blurb up now saying he will not play Thursday. 

Getting trade offers already. What’s his value now? Logjam at the position but if he can stay healthy maybe he takes over the lead role for rest of season?

2 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I'm not hyping him at all. He's still drop material with the trade. As a what the heck flex/fill in PPR, it might work out. Hard to find those right now. Arizona is about the best case scenario with his pass catching skills.  

No way he’s drop material. Not til we see how this plays out a bit. I’d hazard a guess he’s in the RB2 discussion now but RB3/flex is definitely the safer bet.

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Getting trade offers already. What’s his value now? Logjam at the position but if he can stay healthy maybe he takes over the lead role for rest of season?

Um, whatever you can get?

He has literally never taken over the lead role on any team, in any situation, with much less competition for touches. Why start now?

The odds of it working out other than a what the heck flex is extremely low. If I had to choose though between Drake, Henderson and Walton in PPR today I would take Drake. Passing offense, he's a strong pass catcher.

47 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Who the hell is gonna play RB on thurs for the cards?

Are you busy then?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Rotoworld has a blurb up now saying he will not play Thursday. 

Where did you see that? Most recent entry I see on RW was just about the trade, with no mention of TNF. At this point, how could they not play him?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I'm  watching this game. I want to see what happens after there is nothing left and dragged onto the field.

You ever vomited so much there's nothing left in your stomach and all that comes out is some weird yellow goo?

Um, me neither. But I would imagine that's what the Arizona running game will look like on Thursday.

• Thanks 1

Darn what a very interesting move by Zona. 

Edmonds isn’t worthy of a roster spot now. 

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

Where did you see that? Most recent entry I see on RW was just about the trade, with no mention of TNF. At this point, how could they not play him?

Ahhhh, you are correct.  I was scrolling through my phone while at work.  It actually said he has a potential to be the workhorse back Thursday.  I was reading too fast as it mentions him only having 3 days to prepare.  I'll put on my glasses first next time.  I thought it said he wasn't playing Thursday for this reason. 

Wow very good article, thanks Guru. 

Im in the same boat, always thought he was simply underused and never really given the chance to be the rb1. 

He has very good talent. 

Good read. 

Thanks.