Baker Boy

Blackouts in California again

Thats a well run state. We should do away with the electoral college and let those people decide whos in charge so the rest of us can share in their expertise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't they have a ton of wind turbines? Big proponents of green energy? 

Kind of ironic, and funny  that they need to kill the power because of the wind. 

California is one big tool of the Globalists.

I personally believe all of this is happening to drive people out of California to gradually turn Red States Blue. It a;so aligns with the Agenda 21 / 30 timeline. But hey, that's just me.

PG&E is sticking it to the state of CA.  Since they are being held liable for any forest fires that could be caused by power lines even if a squirrel chews on a line, they are not taking any chances.  They will just shut off power.  If CA were to repeal the law that had this strict definition of liability for power companies, you can bet that this would not have happened.  

California is a true $hit hole. Luckily I live in a city with its own power company and don’t have to deal with PG&E. 

56 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

PG&E is sticking it to the state of CA.  Since they are being held liable for any forest fires that could be caused by power lines even if a squirrel chews on a line, they are not taking any chances.  They will just shut off power.  If CA were to repeal the law that had this strict definition of liability for power companies, you can bet that this would not have happened.  

True, and yet you have the governor now crying about how he will hold them financially accountable for "losses" incurred due to them turning off the power.... LMFAO

How can people be so stupid.....

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

They aren't sticking it to the state, they're focking over the rate payers, again. 

If PG&E had maintained their gas lines, that neighborhood in San Bruno wouldn't have blown up. If PG&E had maintained their right of ways around their power lines, Paradise wouldn't have burned to the ground. 

PG&E is 100% at fault for these blackouts. They're responsible for their own maintenance. Which they've failed at, miserably, over the years. Sh!t, they don't shut down power in tornado prone areas when it gets a little windy. But PG&E needs to shut down power to avoid a wildfire when the wind excedes 25MPH? Fock That! 

Not to mention, they never pay their fines. Every time they get fined they b!itch to the PUC that they need to raise their rates in order to pay the fine otherwise they'll go broke. And of course, the PUC let's them. So the rate payers pay PG&E's fines for them. 

They need to be broken up. Period. They are too big and they can't maintain their own infrastructure. At this rate, the state is going to take them over and then we'll have constant blackouts. 

Split them up into multiple smaller private companies. Gas and electric need to be separated and so do the territories. 

Screw deregulation of the energy market. It's a fvcking mess out there. But even in regulated markets like in New Orleans, Entergy has to scrap and claw for whatever they can get from regulatory even though they are subject to hurricanes more than anywhere else other than Florida and the lower east coast.

Of course, fvck New Orleans for the idiots who want to live in that hell hole and subject themselves to that horror.

Doesn't seem to be working very well.  PG&E is responsible for at least two of the fires currently burning in CA.

Corporations in California know they can skirt the law with massive payoffs to democrats.  During the California drought, bottled water companies like Nestle and Pepsi basically stole water from California and Jerry Brown did nothing about it because he's been paid off.  PG&E could have spent billions on upgrading power lines and stations but instead poured billions into buying favor with democrats.  The money that should have gone to preventing fires went into Gavin Newsom's pocket.  That's what's going on in California.  Democrats have total control of the state AND the press so now they are free to corrupt all services and milk it dry to get stupid rich and the press will never call them out on it because they own the press too. 

In theory, freedom of the press would stop this, but we don't have freedom of the press in America.

Bingo!  They are doing what the California law makers wanted.

On 10/28/2019 at 11:18 AM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

More Blackouts in California as PG&E continues to its reduce its liability in the cause of wildfires.

10% of the CA wildfires are caused by an electrical source.

Environment laws will not allow Anyone to clear brush or trees around electrical equipment.

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

More Blackouts in California as PG&E continues to its reduce its liability in the cause of wildfires.

Environment laws will not allow Anyone to clear brush or trees around electrical equipment.

Sounds like if CA can get a handle on the 90% of reasons they would be good to go. I mean, humans can control the climate and all of nature now, right? :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Isnt this the time to get the most out of their wind turbine farms ?

Yes. They can get like 2 kwh generated per day out of those on a windy day. Incredible. Well, then there is line loss. Oh well.  At least they are trying. :dunno:

You would think that the name "blackout" would have been changed by now...  That is obvious racism, right??

Right??

7 minutes ago, posty said:

You would think that the name "blackout" would have been changed by now...  That is obvious racism, right??

Right??

It is kind of a misnomer.

I mean, during a blackout we are all paying for something  that we aren't getting.  

All you californians can breath a sigh of relief.  Your wonderful governor Gavin Newsom has the solution.  He wants Warren Buffett to buy PG&E.   That's not a joke.  That's his solution.

ROFLMAO!!!

🤣

2 hours ago, Strike said:

All you californians can breath a sigh of relief.  Your wonderful governor Gavin Newsom has the solution.  He wants Warren Buffett to buy PG&E.   That's not a joke.  That's his solution.

ROFLMAO!!!

🤣

That actually is a relief. I figured he would suggest the state take them over. 

I for one pray that their lights come back on and that their trees stop burning.  I'd hate to see those crazy fockers metastasize.

Consumers blame the state for not cleaning up dead trees and brush, along with the utility companies for not updating their ossified equipment. The power companies in turn fault the state for so over-regulating utilities that they had no resources to modernize their grids.

13 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Consumers blame the state for not cleaning up dead trees and brush, along with the utility companies for not updating their ossified equipment. The power companies in turn fault the state for so over-regulating utilities that they had no resources to modernize their grids.

Those are all factors.  Last year my wife and I hiked in the Napa area on a trail called Oat Hill Mine near Calistoga.  Much of it was incredibly dense, dead brush.  Coming from Arizona which has its share of fires, we were amazed at the lack of maintenance.  It looked like one spark could light the entire mountain in no time.  

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Those are all factors.  Last year my wife and I hiked in the Napa area on a trail called Oat Hill Mine near Calistoga.  Much of it was incredibly dense, dead brush.  Coming from Arizona which has its share of fires, we were amazed at the lack of maintenance.  It looked like one spark could light the entire mountain in no time.  

It's Trump's fault.

California is so great we should put their politicians in control of the rest of the country. 

On 10/30/2019 at 4:45 PM, Baker Boy said:

This. 

Akin to putting putting ash trays on gas pumps. Not a question of if they're will be a fire but where and when.

World's third largest economy (at least at one time) and always some sh!t show (in some cases literally i.e. San Fran).