Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Undefeated teams...let's see 'em

Who's 8-0 out there (well, or about to be and doesn't mind jinxing themselves)?  Let's see those teams!

Non in my league, I just beat the last of the unbeaten in my league. 

Congrats on you being undefeated. 

None in any of my leagues either, but I have three 5-2 teams on their way to 6-2, if tonight pans out for one, all going to be in 1st.

Not many undefeated teams at this point, if you have one  :cheers:

$50 14-team Superflex Auction/FAAB League, pays $350/$200/$50 + $100 for most total points

Start 1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 Superflex, 1 K, 1 DST (10 bench)

QB-friendly PPR scoring (1 pt per 20 yards passing, 6 pt passing TDs) with 4 pt bonuses for 300 passing or 100 rushing/receiving and 2 pt bonuses for 40+ yard TDs

I will be 8-0 after tonight, and if Chris Boswell outscores Vance McDonald by 5 or more points, I will be in 1st place overall (with the 2nd-most points scored by about 50).  Otherwise the team with the most points scored will also be 8-0 and remain in 1st place.

QB:  Jameis Winston, Kirk Cousins, Daniel Jones

RB:  Chris Carson, Derrick Henry, Devonta Freeman, Nyheim Hines, DeAndre Washington

WR:  Cooper Kupp, Julian Edelman, Tyler Lockett, Larry Fitzgerald, John Brown, Sammy Watkins, Chris Conley, Jamison Crowder, DeVante Parker, Devin Funchess

TE:  Greg Olsen, Jason Witten

K:  Matt Prater, Zane Gonzalez

DST:  New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals

Man those other teams must be horrible. 

Never know how things well turn out in July Doing those mock drafts. 

Hey good luck tonight. 

53 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Man those other teams must be horrible.

In a league that contains Axe Elf, all the other teams are bound to be horrible, simply because Axe Elf hoovers up all the quality players in an auction draft.

In this 14 team league, I'm starting two top-15 QBs, 3 top-20 RBs, 5 top-25 WRs, and a top-10 TE, besides playing the matchups between 2 top-5 Kickers and streaming DSTs--that doesn't leave a lot of talent to go around among 13 other teams!

It's tough to field a starting lineup as solid from top to bottom as Axe Elf's in a 14-team league with 12 starters--that's as many starters as most 12-team leagues have rostered in the entire league!

You should try it sometime...

They must not take off points for interceptions/fumbles if you've been using Winston.  I get that it's a 14 team league, but the roster itself isn't very good.  I'm guessing it's the scoring system that benefits you.  In the leagues I'm in, we lose 2 points for interceptions and 2 points for fumbles.  We also don't get the point bonuses for 300 yards passing or the longer TD's, so that makes a pretty big difference too, especially with Winston.  It's always good being 8-0 though. 

Anyone ever notice that the team with the best record in the league rarely wins the title?  None of my leagues last year had the team with the best record winning the league.  The prior year, only one team with the best record, out of 17 leagues, won the Championship.  I don't know if that's just bad luck or if the owners get nervous and overthink things in the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

They must not take off points for interceptions/fumbles if you've been using Winston.

-2 for INTs, -2 for fumbles lost

Like I said, it's a QB-friendly scoring system, with 1 pt per 20 yards passing, 6 pt pass TDs, and a 4 pt bonus for 300 yards + 2 pt bonus for 40+ yard TDs.  That's exactly WHY I drafted Winston for this league; he's the only QB in the NFL who has thrown for 300 yards in half of his starts for the past 3 seasons--no one else has even come close.

The 5-INT game was a bad one, to be sure, but other than that, Winston only has 7 INTs on the year--same as Dak Prescott, Philip Rivers, Josh Allen, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Jared Goff; Matt Ryan, Sam Darnold and Andy Dalton have 8.  So in most weeks, I'll trade that 1 INT that most QBs are likely to have for the distance bonuses that Winston racks up like no other QB.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I get that it's a 14 team league, but the roster itself isn't very good.

I find it amusing that your ability to evaluate fantasy talent is so poor that even when presented with a roster that you KNOW is 8-0, you still say that it's not very good.

LOL!

Anyone ever notice that the team with the best record in the league rarely wins the title?  None of my leagues last year had the team with the best record winning the league.  The prior year, only one team with the best record, out of 17 leagues, won the Championship.  I don't know if that's just bad luck or if the owners get nervous and overthink things in the playoffs.

When that happens, it's usually a reflection of one of two things; either a) normal variance when season-long studs post clunkers in the fantasy playoff weeks (14-16), or b) the difficulty in maintaining a healthy team for all 16 games.

In the case of (a), a lesser team that has a lucky day or two in the playoffs can defeat a normally dominant team whose studs fail to show up one day.  This is usually the justification for total points leagues--they are willing to sacrifice the "realism" and fun of head-to-head games to insure that the best team throughout the season wins the championship.  I kind of like the playoff structure in the 12-team RT Sports High Stakes leagues.  The best W-L record is first into the playoffs, then the team that scored the most points of the remaining 11 teams.  Then the best W-L record of the remaining 10 teams, and finally, the team that scored the most point of the remaining 9 teams.  Each of the 4 playoff teams starts with their average per-game point total for the season, and then all four are engaged in a total points race in Weeks 14-16 to determine 1st and 2nd place.  So you get the fun of H2H during the season, but a playoff format that minimizes the effect of one big (or one bad) day skewing the results.

In the case of (b), most players miss a game or two during the season.  Sometimes a team that struggles early due to multiple injuries can recover and squeak into the playoffs when their studs return, and win the league with a healthy roster through the playoffs.  Likewise, a team that has dominated throughout the season, but loses a couple of key players during the playoffs can come up short in defending their superior W-L record.  There's not much you can do about that--and it's probably the closest parallel to "real" football--teams that lose their studs or have a bad game in the playoffs can throw away an otherwise superlative season just that quick.

QB: Prescott, occasionally Cousins and Stafford

RB: Cook, Fournette, Jacobs, McCoy, Coleman

WR: Thomas, Beckham, Chark, Boyd, Green

TE: Hooper, Henry

K: Does it matter?

Def: New England

I made a terrible trade, dealing Coleman/Jacobs/Chark for Conner and Diggs, so I won't be undefeated much longer. It was fun while it lasted though.

12 Team 1RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex with slim benches (8 starts, 5 bench spots plus IR):

QB: L Jackson, M Stafford

RB: C McCaffrey, M Mack, A Eckler, T Johnson (Det)

WR:  C Cupp, T Lockett, K Allen, T Williams (Raiders), AJ Green (IR)

TE:  Kittle

DST: Steelers (streamed)

K:  M Prater

Won in Wk7 by a mere 0.6 but the highest scoring team by 90+ pts.  I've been doing FF for 15+ yrs with multiple teams each year, lucky enough to win several of them, and never had a team like this.  Sickest part is the draft was nearly perfect at this point, which has also never really happened:

1.    (3)    Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB)
2.    (22)    George Kittle (SF - TE)
3.    (27)    Keenan Allen (LAC - WR)
4.    (46)    Tyler Lockett (Sea - WR)
5.    (51)    Marlon Mack (Ind - RB)
6.    (70)    Cooper Kupp (LAR - WR)
7.    (75)    Drew Brees (NO - QB)
8.    (94)    A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
9.    (99)    Austin Ekeler (LAC - RB)
10.    (118)    Lamar Jackson (Bal - QB)
11.    (123)    Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)
12.    (142)    Dante Pettis (SF - WR)
13.    (147)    Matt Prater (Det - K)

Only dropped Brees because of the thumb, Prater for bye week (picked him up again afterward), the defense because I stream them and Pettis because he sucked. Would like to make a trade for a better RB than Eckler or Mack in the event CMC were to miss time.   

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I find it amusing that your ability to evaluate fantasy talent is so poor that even when presented with a roster that you KNOW is 8-0, you still say that it's not very good.

LOL!

An 8-0 roster doesn't have to necessarily be "good".  Luck is sometimes better than being good.  The roster is not very good.  You are 8-0 and that is what matters.  It means the other rosters must be absolutely horrible, or owners aren't setting their rosters, or they don't understand fantasy football, or.....  I didn't say it was a sickeningly bad roster.  I said it wasn't very good and I meant for an 8-0 team.  I guess it depends on who you're drafting with though.....  It wasn't a diss on you.  Not your fault you drafted with either inept fantasy owners or lucked out and fell into a draft with third grade girls.  I'd be happy with 8-0 regardless of who the other owners were. 

Palpable nonsense.

What WAS my responsibility was drafting all the talent so that there was none left for the other teams--Axe Elf MADE all the other rosters absolutely horrible, by making his own roster so extraordinarily outstanding.

But your evaluation of my roster as being "not very good" shows that you wouldn't know talent if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face, and started to wiggle.

You're clearly the kind of owner that makes fantasy football easy for graduates of the Elf Institute.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

What WAS my responsibility was drafting all the talent so that there was none left for the other teams--Axe Elf MADE all the other rosters absolutely horrible, by making his own roster so extraordinarily outstanding.

But your evaluation of my roster as being "not very good" shows that you wouldn't know talent if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face, and started to wiggle.

You're clearly the kind of owner that makes fantasy football easy for graduates of the Elf Institute.

any chance you can leave the board again...it was better in your absence.  HTH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jgcrawfish said:

any chance you can leave the board again...

Well, I'm diabetic and overweight with an irreparable coronary artery, so there's always a chance...

It would suck for all the people counting on Axe Elf to deliver their Championship trophies of course; though I'm sure you also-rans would feel like you have a chance again, so keep your party hats at the ready.

12 team league 1qb, 2rb 3wr, te, k, Def. Ppr no flex 8-0 playing 2nd place 6-2 this week. 

Have not made any trades, all drafted or waiver wire. 

QB- D Watson, R Wilson 

RB- E Elliott, D Henry, M Gordon, K Drake

WR- D Adams, T Lockett , J Brown, M Williams 

TE - M Andrews, H Henry 

K- J Slye

Def- New England, Indy

On 10/28/2019 at 6:21 PM, jgcrawfish said:

Who's 8-0 out there (well, or about to be and doesn't mind jinxing themselves)?  Let's see those teams!

You saw one last night....the NINERS, although 7-0

2 QB Keeper League (My brother's team)

QB
Lamar Jackson
Josh Allen
Kirk Cousins
Drew Lock

RB
Christian McCaffrey
Nick Chubb
Latavius Murray
Austin Ekeler
Darwin Thompson
Ryquell Armstead
Chris Herndon

WR
Julio Jones
Julian Edelman
Robert Woods
Golden Tate
Corey Davis
DeSean Jackson
Jaylen Samuels

TE
Travis Kelce

D/ST
Stream

K
Josh Lambo

Scored 1,422 points this year.  The team in second (my team), has 1,234.

My team fell from the undefeated ranks last night.  Missing Kittle (subbed in Witten), losing Lockett (which had the shotgun double blast of increasing Carson's usage, and thrusting Josh Gordon into the game...both of which I was up against...stupid OT killed me) and my Steelers destroying Cooper Cupp was too much to overcome.  :cry:

On 10/28/2019 at 7:46 PM, AxeElf said:

$50 14-team Superflex Auction/FAAB League, pays $350/$200/$50 + $100 for most total points

Start 1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 Superflex, 1 K, 1 DST (10 bench)

QB-friendly PPR scoring (1 pt per 20 yards passing, 6 pt passing TDs) with 4 pt bonuses for 300 passing or 100 rushing/receiving and 2 pt bonuses for 40+ yard TDs

I will be 8-0 after tonight, and if Chris Boswell outscores Vance McDonald by 5 or more points, I will be in 1st place overall (with the 2nd-most points scored by about 50).  Otherwise the team with the most points scored will also be 8-0 and remain in 1st place.

QB:  Jameis Winston, Kirk Cousins, Daniel Jones

RB:  Chris Carson, Derrick Henry, Devonta Freeman, Nyheim Hines, DeAndre Washington

WR:  Cooper Kupp, Julian Edelman, Tyler Lockett, Larry Fitzgerald, John Brown, Sammy Watkins, Chris Conley, Jamison Crowder, DeVante Parker, Devin Funchess

TE:  Greg Olsen, Jason Witten

K:  Matt Prater, Zane Gonzalez

DST:  New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals

Dropped the Cardinals for Paul Perkins, but otherwise, this same roster just beat the other 9-0 team to become the only undefeated team left in the league at 10-0.