Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Your worst pick this year

Mine was the narcistic kweer in Odell Beckham. This guy made a couple of one handed catches a couple of years ago but has done NOTHING since then, he is a PRETENDER, he will NEVER be considered for the HOF despite all the hype that surrounds him. He is ALL bling and nothing more-what a letdown. BTW, I'm embarrassed I picked him/her in the 3rd round.

1 hour ago, huskyhater75 said:

I'm embarrassed I picked him/her in the 3rd round.

In the third round.  lol

I don't know that I missed on any early picks really.  I missed on AJ Green, but got him in the 9th round, so not a big loss.  Oh, wait, I did take Kerryon when he fell to the end of the 4th round in a draft.  That was a whiff.  It didn't hurt my team, but still a major swing and miss.  I couldn't stand him last year, didn't like him this year (at all), but drafted him based on what I thought his workload would be and for the value of that pick.  He's on my DND list for the remainder of time itself. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I don't know that I missed on any early picks really.  I missed on AJ Green, but got him in the 9th round, so not a big loss.  Oh, wait, I did take Kerryon when he fell to the end of the 4th round in a draft.  That was a whiff.  It didn't hurt my team, but still a major swing and miss.  I couldn't stand him last year, didn't like him this year (at all), but drafted him based on what I thought his workload would be and for the value of that pick.  He's on my DND list for the remainder of time itself. 

Kerryon fell to me in the 5th-and I foolishly fell for it based on the same reasons you gave. 

MVS. Very soft. Gets pushed around can't get open. Big man but seldom high points balls. Defenders just swat his arms in his chest and it's over.

Justice Hill. Worthless.

My entire team - the league has for years been non ppr…. this year changed to ppr, only I didn't know it going into the draft and used my non ppr rankings...  

Had the #1 overall pick, and debated Barkley vs CMC...  Had I known PPR, I would have went CMC, but instead.... ugh.  

Sony Michele in round 4 - would never have taken him had I known ppr...

Waiting til round 11 for a QB - went with Big Ben.....  Triple Ughhh

Beckham was bad. Duke Johnson was bad. Latavius Murray was bad (except the last two weeks with Kamara out). Robert Woods was bad.

28 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Justice Hill. Worthless.

Most other teams' 4th rushing option are in the same boat.

At least you didn't take him in the 7th or 8th like Darwin Thompson owners.

LOL

• Like 1

Unless you over paid for L Murray, I would have a hard time placing him on this list. 

He should have been draft as a back up. 

• Thanks 1

Not necessarily overpaid but worst pick has to be the position of QB, went Murray late and Trubisky later.  Has been a sore spot all season...

Zach Ertz, because I thought he was going to be Zach Ertz.

And Duke Johnson, because I thought he was going to be a 3 down back. 

I was looking at te postion and how they have done in ff, and I’m shocked at how bad Ertz as been. 

Dante Pettis, granted he was a mid/late rounder so I didn't waste a lot, but I thought he had potential, but he has done squat...I have long since parted ways with him.

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I was looking at te postion and how they have done in ff, and I’m shocked at how bad Ertz as been. 

The weird thing about Ertz is that he still leads the Eagles in yards & receptions (37-424) 100+ yards more than the next closest Alshon Jeffery (30-317)

Goedert only has (17-182) unfortunately for Ertz owners, 3 of those 17 are TD's

On 10/28/2019 at 11:45 PM, TheUsualSuspect said:

Baker Mayfield clap, clap... clap clap clap

All of my leagues are dynasty but he was my worst keeper, in 2 leagues 👏👏

Immediately after last season I wrote a DND list. Bell and Johnson were top of my list.

I drafted Bell with the 10th pick.

Really wanted Carson over KJohnson, but decided to go KJohnson because all these rankings had KJ slightly ahead of Carson.

Dede Westbrook... round 6

Kenyan Drake.... round 7

A.J. Green... round 8

Wish I had those picks back. Feel especially stupid about the Drake pick.  Everyone knew the Dolphins were tanking, but he was the last starting RB available...  could've had Miles Sanders.

On 10/29/2019 at 2:01 PM, skydiverd said:

My entire team - the league has for years been non ppr…. this year changed to ppr, only I didn't know it going into the draft and used my non ppr rankings...  

Had the #1 overall pick, and debated Barkley vs CMC...  Had I known PPR, I would have went CMC, but instead.... ugh.  

Sony Michele in round 4 - would never have taken him had I known ppr...

Waiting til round 11 for a QB - went with Big Ben.....  Triple Ughhh

That's weird. Many leagues are going away from ppr. It's outdated. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That's weird. Many leagues are going away from ppr. It's outdated. 

Huh?  This is news.  Is this just anecdotal evidence?  Or do we have anything to back this up?

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Huh?  This is news.  Is this just anecdotal evidence?  Or do we have anything to back this up?

Nope, just another drop in this ocean of errors.

3 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Sure. The NFL was a running leauge when fantasy became mainstream. If you didn't get 2 really good rb's you were done for the most part, so ppr was implemented to even things up. Well, the NFL is a passing leauge now, so it's not really necessary. Also, do you like the fact that a reception  for zero yards is worth as much as 10 yards rushing? I really don't want to award points for a play that is a negative. 

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sure. The NFL was a running leauge when fantasy became mainstream. If you didn't get 2 really good rb's you were done for the most part, so ppr was implemented to even things up. Well, the NFL is a passing leauge now, so it's not really necessary. Also, do you like the fact that a reception  for zero yards is worth as much as 10 yards rushing? I really don't want to award points for a play that is a negative. 

That doesn't prove anything about leagues moving away from PPR or it being outdated.  :dunno:

League went back to a non ppr three years ago. 

Love the move. 

6 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

That doesn't prove anything about leagues moving away from PPR or it being outdated.  :dunno:

I think I made the case that it's outdated.  My claim of leagues moving away from it could be deemed anecdotal. 

League #1...no bad picks in the first 8 rounds

League #2...Keenan Allen in the third instead of Jacobs or Mack

League #3...auction, Mike Williams for $18 ($200 cap) 

Picks and their relative value have a lot to do with the league setup and scoring. That said, in my main league I had the 9 pick of 10 and went heavy WR. I took Hopkins in the first and Julio in the second. OK. Then it happened. I took AB in the 3rd! Allen was sitting right there, but I took AB. I got one game. Then, in the same league, I took Cam in the 5th. I got nothing there. Nothing but suck and injury.

So, AB and Cam - suckholes!

On 10/29/2019 at 6:27 AM, My Ball Zach Ertz said:

Brandin Cooks.....never again !

Same here. Got him in the 4th, thinking it was a steal. :wall:

Antonio Brown. Nuff said.

Honorable mention to Cam Newton, though I was lucky enough to cut bait in both leagues I drafted him after Week 1.

I drafted AxeElf in the third round  and he  has been a big let down.  But my NE defense first round draft pick and  K Tucker in the second round has me winning my division.

OBJ is the player I misjudged the most.