Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

UPDATE: Conner Shoulder - Out Week 10

Guess we’ll find out tomorrow. If so, I guess Samuels is the pickup, but what about Snell?  I could see it becoming a committee and both having value. PIT schedule vs the run is nice too, so even a guy sharing carries might be a decent RB2. 

Man that’s a real tough break for Conner. 

Hate to see that happen. 

it would be terrible.. but no one knows yet..

i'd go Samuels if i had to

1 hour ago, TwentyFourSeven said:

I guess the trainer mouthed the word "clavicle." It could still be something minor, but this looming over is not good.

Turns out he was only warning about the dangers of gonorrhea: "The Clap'll kill ya!"

Seriously, it's sounding more like an AC joint, which can be painful but usually doesn't result in missed time.

Also FYI, Snell was hurt last week as well. If Samuels is out there, certainly couldn't hurt to pick him up if he ends up being the last man standing in that backfield.

9 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Turns out he was only warning about the dangers of gonorrhea: "The Clap'll kill ya!"

Seriously, it's sounding more like an AC joint, which can be painful but usually doesn't result in missed time.

Also FYI, Snell was hurt last week as well. If Samuels is out there, certainly couldn't hurt to pick him up if he ends up being the last man standing in that backfield.

let's hope it's AC joint.  but if they're all active, good luck figuring out how they play this this coming week

7 minutes ago, zftcg said:

5. Rashard Mendenhall

6. Fast Willie Parker

7. Dev'eon Bell (Lev's younger brother)

Like Leonard Fournette's brother is Lanard Fournette? 

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Like Leonard Fournette's brother is Lanard Fournette? 

I just learned about that last year. Also, Riley Ridley's name is actually Cavin, but he changed it to avoid confusion with his brother. Malcom Floyd's brother is named Malcolm. And NBA player Lance Stephenson has a brother named Lantz. And then of course there's George Foreman, who named his sons George I, George II, George III and George IV

18 minutes ago, zftcg said:

I just learned about that last year. Also, Riley Ridley's name is actually Cavin, but he changed it to avoid confusion with his brother. Malcom Floyd's brother is named Malcolm. And NBA player Lance Stephenson has a brother named Lantz. And then of course there's George Foreman, who named his sons George I, George II, George III and George IV

I didn't know about those. Wtf

1 minute ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Not made for starting in the NFL.

Seem to get dinged up every week.

I mean, I hate questioning the toughness and resilience of anyone who beat cancer ... but I can't disagree with you. Feel bad for the kid, but from a fantasy perspective, you kind of have to bake this in to your assessment of him.

47 minutes ago, zftcg said:

I mean, I hate questioning the toughness and resilience of anyone who beat cancer ... but I can't disagree with you. Feel bad for the kid, but from a fantasy perspective, you kind of have to bake this in to your assessment of him.

That’s what happens to RBs with his violent style of running. He seemingly wants to punish any tackler near him. It’s fun to watch but it presumably leads to injuries.

20 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

That’s what happens to RBs with his violent style of running. He seemingly wants to punish any tackler near him. It’s fun to watch but it presumably leads to injuries.

Well, at least he doesn't slide.  woops

in all seriousness - did he really still need to be in?  i guess others were hurt as well...

43 minutes ago, cavern said:

in all seriousness - did he really still need to be in?

As I watched him get closer and closer to the 25.5 fantasy points my opponent needed to beat me, with the Steelers feeding him the ball on every down to run out the clock, I was wondering that myself.

(He got hurt with 24.0.)

I just traded for Conner, so hopefully this isn't a big deal. Then again, given my bye week situation the next couple of weeks any missed time is awkward.

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

As I watched him get closer and closer to the 25.5 fantasy points my opponent needed to beat me, with the Steelers feeding him the ball on every down to run out the clock, I was wondering that myself.

(He got hurt with 24.0.)

i hear you - that's one way to notice that a player is still being run late.  as a player gets fatigued he loses the ability to shift ever so slightly to avoid the big hit.  in pittsburgh's defense, it never got over 2 scores...

Hope for the AC joint issue.  It's playable and just a pain killing injection on game day get him ready to roll out.  Samuels could have played this past game and would be a great add just in case.  

5 hours ago, cavern said:

Well, at least he doesn't slide.  woops

in all seriousness - did he really still need to be in?  i guess others were hurt as well...

Tell me about it I had Juju last night and my opponent had conner and I lost by less than 1 point.

On 10/29/2019 at 12:48 AM, RedzoneMonster said:

Out Week 9. 

That is a misleading, if not only premature, update.

Conner has NOT been declared out as of right now. He is doubtful however. Could be much the same thing, but Out is definitive and that decision has not yet been made.

Update:

Samuels' teammate James Conner (shoulder) isn't expected to play in Sunday's game against the Rams, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

Per ESPN, Trey Edmunds missed practice Thursday as well...

James Conner is trending in the wrong direction for playing Sunday. After being limited on Wednesday, Conner (shoulder) didn't practice Thursday. Ramon Foster (concussion) also regressed, not practicing on Thursday after being limited Wednesday. Tyson Alualu (knee) was a new addition to the report and didn't practice. RB Trey Edmunds (ribs) and FB Roosevelt Nix (knee) didn't practice for the second day in a row.

I love Conner's story, like the guy as a player, but he's hurt too much.  As good as the Steelers are at evaluating talent, they don't appear to be very good evaluating the drop-off in talent level from AB to Juju, from Lev to Conner or especially from Ben to (insert X-string QB here).  

The stars seem to be aligning for Samuels to have a huge day in FF boxscores. 

Flexing him in over Lat Murray.