Sign in to follow this  
zftcg

Lev'eon Bell on the trade block?

Unbelievable:

Could Le’Veon Bell’s time with the Jets already be coming to an end?

The Daily News has learned that Gang Green is amenable to dealing the perennial Pro Bowl running back for the right price before the 4 p.m. trade deadline. Although it’s unclear what that price tag has been during discussions, there are legitimate buyers. The Jets would unload a big salary as general manager Joe Douglas looks to reshape the roster.

Keep an eye on the Texans, Chiefs and Bills, who could use a dynamic running back. The Eagles likely would love to add Bell, but it appears that it would be cost prohibitive to add him.

Not sure how I feel about this from a fantasy perspective. Everyone's been talking about his pillow-soft schedule ROS, but I'm starting to worry the Jets will be too much of a trainwreck to take advantage of it. On the other hand, switching teams could cause disruption and a crowded backfield, limiting his volume.

From a football perspective, meanwhile, I'd love to see him playing on a more dynamic offense, and having a chance to make an impact in the playoffs.

Anyway, we should know one way or the other by this afternoon. My guess is he stays.

Chiefs have to pay Mahomes soon? Can't see how they could swing it if so. But the Bills are very intriguing and would take that offense up a few notches. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Chiefs have to pay Mahomes soon? Can't see how they could swing it if so. But the Bills are very intriguing and would take that offense up a few notches. 

spencer strasthmore is prepared to sign mahomes to the largest ever guaranteed contract. 

Redskins 

5 minutes ago, unclemercy said:

spencer strasthmore is prepared to sign mahomes to the largest ever guaranteed contract. 

Ha. That show was absolute garbage. And I still watched it. 

Lions. 

14 minutes ago, zftcg said:

Bell for Trent Williams? :lol:

For whom I don’t know, but the Redskins would be a team that I can see wanting to take on the headache known as the Bell. 

Boatload of guaranteed $$ associated with his contract.....not sure who would want to pick up that brick.

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

Anyway, we should know one way or the other by this afternoon. My guess is he stays.

I'd like to amend this slightly: The fact that this story came out a few hours before the trade deadline is evidence that he will stay. Smells like a desperation move by a team that's trying to drum up interest.

I’m sure he won’t move, but I hope he does, make it more interesting 

3 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

What a mistake.  No one is going to fix this one for them.

Exactly.  Nobody is taking on that salary.  lol