Sign in to follow this  
NAn

FF Season/Postseason 'Halfway Point' Awards

Overall MVP candidates: McCaffrey,  Cook, A.Jones, Watson, Wilson, Lamar, Pats DOther?

Best value pick ('Breakout'): Lamar, Ryan, Dak, A.Jones, Ingram, Godwin, Pats D, Other?

Worst value pick ('Bust'):  Mahomes, Kamara, Barkley, Dam.Williams, Mixon, Hopkins, Juju, Other?

Best waiver pick up: Minshew, Chark, Mclaurin, Other?

So who would be your candidates for each award overall and/or your own team?

McCaffery would be MVP for sure.  Runner-up would be the Patriots' DST--averaging over 22.6 points per game from your DST (next-highest DST scores 14.6 ppg) is a gift that most drafters did not expect.

Best Value Pick would probly be Cooper Kupp, returning #2 overall WR value from a 4th round ADP.  Runner-up would be Austin Hooper, by far the #1 overall TE from a double-digit ADP.

Worst Value Pick among players who have stayed healthy but been the most disappointing would be between Joe Mixon and Juju Smith-Schuster; both early-second round picks who have not been top-25 performers.  You can pick who is the "winner" and who is the runner-up.

I could get behind Chark as the Best Waiver Pickup.  Runner-up to Darren Waller.

• Like 1

Best value pick, the Chubb should be listed. 

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Best value pick, the Chubb should be listed. 

A 2nd-round pick performing like a 1st-round pick half the time and like a 3rd-round pick the other half?  Amazing value there...

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

A 2nd-round pick performing like a 1st-round pick half the time and like a 3rd-round pick the other half?  Amazing value there...

I’m glad you agree, thanks. 

Good call on Pats D, I've added to my initial list.

Yeah Wee, I'm with Axe, Chubb has been great, but there's a number of players that were mid/late round draft picks performing like early round picks, so much more value.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I’m glad you agree, thanks. 

I'm glad you think we agree, even though I was contradicting you.  It saves me from having to read further nonsense in defense of your silly nomination.

2 hours ago, NAn said:

Good call on Pats D, I've added to my initial list.

Yeah Wee, I'm with Axe, Chubb has been great, but there's a number of players that were mid/late round draft picks performing like early round picks, so much more value.

Don’t disagree, but he’s still on my list. 

Worst value pick, two te come to mind, Kelce and Ertz. 

That is all for now. 

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Worst value pick, two te come to mind, Kelce and Ertz. 

That is all for now. 

Good call. I would include Kittle in this group as well.

Now another te named Hooper , he’s been a real steal 

i picked barkley 1.1 in a high stakes 12 team ppr league with 10k circulating in prize money.....and i wouldnt call him a "worst pick" or bust.....basically i feel like hes 17-20 points a game minimum....dude got hurt and came back sooner than most probably would have and sooner than originally reported

im actually 10-6 in the league(also defending champ) and im still very much in it....id have another W if he even caught that td pass he dropped before he got hurt in the tampa game....i had him leave that game and hilton(hilton already had 19 pts at halftime) leave at halftime the same week and missed an extra W by 5 points....

Overall MVP candidates:  Dalvin Cook 

Best value pick ('Breakout'):  Lamar Jackson

Worst value pick ('Bust'):  Dam.Williams

Best waiver pick up:  DJ Chark

Those in bold are on my team.

48 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Overall MVP candidates:  Dalvin Cook 

Best value pick ('Breakout'):  Lamar Jackson

Worst value pick ('Bust'):  Dam.Williams

Best waiver pick up:  DJ Chark

Those in bold are on my team.

D Williams great pick for a bust pick. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

D Williams great pick for a bust pick. 

I picked him up last year, even though I was NOT the Kareem Hunt owner, and he helped me win the championship!  Didn't keep him this year although he would have been cheap, kept Saquon instead for my RB keeper.

Value pick

D Watson....got him RD 4 and his ADP was 4.02 in 12 team formats going into the draft'

Top overall FF points thru week 8 in my and many other leagues....so yeah he is my pick for best value at the 1/2 way point.

Some (or one) on this forum may disagree as he has had a few sub par weeks...making him a true QB2 LMAO!

6 minutes ago, Ironmen said:

D Watson....got him RD 4 and his ADP was 4.02 in 12 team formats going into the draft'

Top overall FF points thru week 8 in my and many other leagues....so yeah he is my pick for best value at the 1/2 way point.

I'm not sure you understand how "Value Picks" work...

You paid a 4th round price for a QB who is delivering 25.1 ppg; someone else in your league paid a 12th round price for a QB who is delivering 25.8 ppg.

How is your QB the best value?

17 minutes ago, Ironmen said:

Value pick

Some (or one) on this forum may disagree as he has had a few sub par weeks...making him a true QB2 LMAO!

i got him in the 6th of a 12 team ppr high stakes league(theres some real good money in this league..ive stated in my previous reply in this post...its competitive)....its a league that has seen the value of the qb decline sharply over the years....i mean...mahomes went early...after that it was awhile....watson was the next qb off the board....and immediately rodgers, ryan and russ  went after that(i started the run)......i dunno...ive seen guys in this league steadily devalue the early qb....there used to be a day where youd see rodgers go in the 2nd or 3rd....i think people have just gotten burned too much doing stuff like that...i was able to nab brees in the 10th too! i couldnt pass up that kind of insurance at that juncture....with watsons week 10 bye week i was able to hold(roster moves cost $20 a pop in this league)...

ive been very happy with watson...especially following the team...they lead the league in false starts which is frustrating. and overall just arent good too...they are a frustrating team to watch when rooting for the qb...offense seems unimaginative too.....but he usually gets its done.....couldnt be more happy the way im set up for the 2nd half of the year with watson and brees

knocking on wood here....but id say right now my best value has been fournette in the 3rd at #26....considering the position...im just praying he keeps it together....watching him get stuffed at the 1 twice with goal to go was frustrating last week....and watching him rip off big runs and then get stuffed on his next 10 carries wasnt fun(not the first time this year either)....but hes running well and has a spring that we havent seen with him and hes been picking up some big gainers....you almost have to believe if hes fed at least 20 carries hes gonna rip off at least one thats going to save his day...and love the involvement in the passing game....

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

I'm not sure you understand how "Value Picks" work...

You paid a 4th round price for a QB who is delivering 25.1 ppg; someone else in your league paid a 12th round price for a QB who is delivering 25.8 ppg.

How is your QB the best value?

There isn't a team in my league that drafted a QB in RD12 or beyond who is delivering close to what you outlined.

Although....I do understand the point you are making.

In my dynasty leagues

MVP: Definitely the Patriots D, they are the top scorer in my leagues and by about as wide a margin as I have ever seen. Just a couple of defenses get the keeper slot each year, and it wasn't the Patriots, to take them in the late rounds is golden

Value Pick: Cooper Kupp, I traded Goff and Josh Gordon before the season for him and it's paid off about as big as I could have hoped for. Goff is a QB2 and Gordon, well, you know.

Worst Value: Joe Mixon, He was expected to be a fringe RB1 and has barely been worth keeping

Best Waiver: DJ Chark, he's put up WR1 numbers on a team that's a dumpster fire for WRs, that's rare off the waiver wire

Honorable Mention: Leonard Fournette, I heard he had the makings of Trent Richardson or Eddie Lacy, but he has come back as a solid RB1

2 minutes ago, polecatt said:

In my dynasty leagues

MVP: Definitely the Patriots D, they are the top scorer in my leagues and by about as wide a margin as I have ever seen. Just a couple of defenses get the keeper slot each year, and it wasn't the Patriots, to take them in the late rounds is golden

Value Pick: Cooper Kupp, I traded Goff and Josh Gordon before the season for him and it's paid off about as big as I could have hoped for. Goff is a QB2 and Gordon, well, you know.

Worst Value: Joe Mixon, He was expected to be a fringe RB1 and has barely been worth keeping

Best Waiver: DJ Chark, he's put up WR1 numbers on a team that's a dumpster fire for WRs, that's rare off the waiver wire

Honorable Mention: Leonard Fournette, I heard he had the makings of Trent Richardson or Eddie Lacy, but he has come back as a solid RB1

chark and fournette def good mentions....kupp too for sure

mixon....he was on my championship team last year...although he didnt do anything gaudy..combined with him and gurley they helped....i love the talent but with the retirement and early injury on the offensive line and just general dumpster fire that is the bengals i was staying far away this year......but i love the talent and ability...if they can ever get things together there he would be nice....hopefully this taylor can inject a little mcvay in cincy....but its been more of the same dumpster fire bengals...

18 minutes ago, bobby heenan said:

chark and fournette def good mentions....kupp too for sure

mixon....he was on my championship team last year...although he didnt do anything gaudy..combined with him and gurley they helped....i love the talent but with the retirement and early injury on the offensive line and just general dumpster fire that is the bengals i was staying far away this year......but i love the talent and ability...if they can ever get things together there he would be nice....hopefully this taylor can inject a little mcvay in cincy....but its been more of the same dumpster fire bengals...

Yeah, there are just some teams each season that you don't want to touch. It doesn't matter much how good some players are, the Bengals are one this season.

5 hours ago, Ironmen said:

There isn't a team in my league that drafted a QB in RD12 or beyond who is delivering close to what you outlined.

Oh?  Where was Lamar Jackson drafted?

On 10/29/2019 at 1:52 PM, AxeElf said:

McCaffery would be MVP for sure.  Runner-up would be the Patriots' DST--averaging over 22.6 points per game from your DST (next-highest DST scores 14.6 ppg) is a gift that most drafters did not expect.

Best Value Pick would probly be Cooper Kupp, returning #2 overall WR value from a 4th round ADP.  Runner-up would be Austin Hooper, by far the #1 overall TE from a double-digit ADP.

Worst Value Pick among players who have stayed healthy but been the most disappointing would be between Joe Mixon and Juju Smith-Schuster; both early-second round picks who have not been top-25 performers.  You can pick who is the "winner" and who is the runner-up.

I could get behind Chark as the Best Waiver Pickup.  Runner-up to Darren Waller.

Beckham has been worse than Schuster and was drafted around the same maybe a few spots higher.

Agree with a lot of what has been said so far.

I don't want to toot my own horn but "toot toot":

My redraft league we have 6 IDP's as part of the draft so sometimes it is better to grab a defensive player early. Anyway- I grabbed Big Ben as my qb but late in the draft I needed another QB so in the 20th round I took Russell Wilson. Currently he is the 2nd highest scoring qb in our league behind Watson. That is some value

8 hours ago, Beyond Chaos said:

Beckham has been worse than Schuster and was drafted around the same maybe a few spots higher.

In PPR scoring, Juju is WR28 with 90.3 fantasy points and Beckham is WR29 with 89.1 fantasy points (and both have played 7 games).  They also had basically the same ADP, so I'll allow a tie in terms of performance.

When you take into consideration that at least part of Juju's problem lies with Big Ben going out almost immediately, whereas OBJ has simply been a bust even without extenuating circumstances that have changed since the beginning of the year to make things more difficult for him--then you're probably right.  In that sense, OBJ is the bigger bust, and Juju is just a collaterally-damaged injury victim.

Mixon's circumstances haven't really changed either--although one could say that there were signs of his impaired offensive line being a problem even back in preseason, so the victim argument is limited in his case.

Let’s give this thread a bump since some players just played their 8th game.

Matthew Stafford has been incredible in my 2 QB league. Picked him extremely late relative to all of the other starting QBs and I have been forced to start him over Baker every week and have been reaping the rewards.

He’s on pace for almost 5000 yards and 40 TDs. 

Just now, LoOnAtIk said:

Let’s give this thread a bump since some players just played their 8th game.

Matthew Stafford has been incredible in my 2 QB league. Picked him extremely late relative to all of the other starting QBs and I have been forced to start him over Baker every week and have been reaping the rewards.

He’s on pace for almost 5000 yards and 40 TDs. 

For all the 2-QB leagues out there I would say relative to his ADP Stafford has to be up there with the Patriots D for fantasy MVP. At least midway thru the season.