Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Andy Dalton to the Bench, Ryan Finley to start

I think it’s over due. 

As a limited owner of A.J. Green (in 2 out of 20 leagues), this really pisses me off.  I've been holding, holding, holding... just knowing that when Andy Dalton got his favorite target back in this new offense where he is setting career highs for passing yardage, Green was going to post top-5 WR numbers for the remainder of the fantasy season, propelling a couple of my struggling 4-4 teams into the playoffs, and hopefully to lucrative cashes.

And now, finally, after 9 weeks, A.J. Green is coming back... to a rookie QB?????????????

Early Week 10 FU to Zac Taylor!!!!!!!!

Get hurt soon, Finley!

• Haha 1

I don't really understand this. Ryan Finley isn't the answer is he? I guess they want to see him get destroyed behind that poor o-line or something.

6 minutes ago, Ehlana said:

I don't really understand this. Ryan Finley isn't the answer is he? I guess they want to see him get destroyed behind that poor o-line or something.

No, they just want to fork with all of us hopeful souls who have been waiting patiently for the Dalton-Green connection to tear sheet up.

1 hour ago, Ehlana said:

I was listening to NFL on Satellite Radio at lunch.  One of the Scouts said Finley had a Second Round grade in the draft, but fell to the 4th for whatever reason.  Personally, he thought he potentially deserved a late 1st round grade.  I think they are doing this to see if they have something in him and could potentially take Young in the draft over a QB.  Finley wasn't bad in college and I was surprised he fell to round 4, but that's the draft for you.  I don't see him as being better than the top guys coming out at QB, but who knows.  He has the rest of the season to prove he can play behind the worst line in the league. 

26 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I was listening to NFL on Satellite Radio at lunch.  One of the Scouts said Finley had a Second Round grade in the draft, but fell to the 4th for whatever reason.  Personally, he thought he potentially deserved a late 1st round grade.  I think they are doing this to see if they have something in him and could potentially take Young in the draft over a QB.  Finley wasn't bad in college and I was surprised he fell to round 4, but that's the draft for you.  I don't see him as being better than the top guys coming out at QB, but who knows.  He has the rest of the season to prove he can play behind the worst line in the league. 

The scouting reports on Finley were all over the place. Some like Todd McShay loved him and thought the Bungles got a steal. Others (can't remember who), thought he was a seventh round or UDFA talent. I guess we'll find out in due time, and it makes sense to see what they have with a high pick in a loaded QB draft upcoming...

• Like 1

Over due.

Dalton has never been a horrible QB but has ran his course.   No reason to keep trotting him out if he isnt in your plans next year.

It would have been smarter if they did this a week ago or at least announced it earliee in the week so a team could potentially trade something.  

The skins and browns are awful frachiaes that have no clue what they are doing.

8 hours ago, rallo said:

Guised tanking by the Bengals?

Dalton tanked vs JAX two weeks ago. He literally threw the game away.

Love that movie. 

I've been holding onto AJ Green all freakin year and just when he's about to come back and make that sweet love that he and Dalton, that old trusty girlfriend, have made thru the years...the Bengals go and get AJ a new side chick...some prudish little virgin who isn't gonna give it up for AJ.  This is like going to the doctor because you have a cold and finding out it's really the herpisyphilliusarhea.  :wall:

I drafted Boyd. Bunch of times he did better than AJ so that was my reasoning. Similar to Juju and AB. Kinda worked out I guess. Not sure what will happen with a newbie QB. Probably screwed as usual. I think almost everyone is this year. I stayed clean for a while but it finally hit me.  

I traded for Tyler Boyd a couple weeks ago, gave up Matt Stafford who was my 2nd backup QB and now that guy is in 1st, even though I defeated him the week after the trade.  Anyway, not sure what this Bengals QB change does for T Boyd.  Probably hurts.

I just don’t know why anyone would have been holding onto Green this whole time. 

Makes no since, he’s not going to perform like he once did, and maybe very little if that. 

Anyway. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I just don’t know why anyone would have been holding onto Green this whole time. 

Maybe you missed my post above...

On 10/29/2019 at 1:07 PM, AxeElf said:

...when Andy Dalton got his favorite target back in this new offense where he is setting career highs for passing yardage, Green was going to post top-5 WR numbers for the remainder of the fantasy season...

And now you know.

Based or your post, and some of your other post about mr Green, makes it easier for me to understand the mistake many made like yourself. 

But why keep repeating that mistake. 

Hes done .  

Hey thanks good return, appreciate it. 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

...makes it easier for me to understand the mistake many made like yourself. 

Your assessment of it as a "mistake" makes it easier for me to understand why your player evaluations are so often ridiculous.

On 10/29/2019 at 11:07 AM, AxeElf said:

As a limited owner of A.J. Green (in 2 out of 20 leagues), this really pisses me off.  I've been holding, holding, holding... just knowing that when Andy Dalton got his favorite target back in this new offense where he is setting career highs for passing yardage, Green was going to post top-5 WR numbers for the remainder of the fantasy season, propelling a couple of my struggling 4-4 teams into the playoffs, and hopefully to lucrative cashes.

And now, finally, after 9 weeks, A.J. Green is coming back... to a rookie QB?????????????

Early Week 10 FU to Zac Taylor!!!!!!!!

Get hurt soon, Finley!

20 leagues?

Get a life, man.

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

20 leagues?

Get a life, man.

Fantasy football IS life, grasshopper.

57 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Your assessment of it as a "mistake" makes it easier for me to understand why your player evaluations are so often ridiculous.

Yeah I would agree. 

And yet, your still the owner of a player that hasn’t played a single down in the nfl this regular season. 

Now that’s a great evaluation 

Hey thanks for the return, please let’s keep this going, this is fun. 

Take care.