Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

Josh Gordon

Wow I just saw that, very interesting. 

Have him in an open IR spot on my bench but will probably just drop him unless I can trade him quick for a scrub backup. 

He's got a lot of talent so you never know but I think he's done

He hasn’t looked that talented this year and most other NFL teams passed on him on waivers. Probably time to give up the ghost

I've had Gordon every year in my keeper league since he came into the league.  Much like his addiction to dope, I used to be addicted to him.  He's still on my roster, and I'm holding him since I consider him a mascot for my team.  Hopefully I win next week and can at least send Josh into the sunset (or rehab) with a championship

Sad. 

Darren Waller was suspended a couple times for NFL drug violations. Gordon was just suspended for like his 100th time it seems for drug violations.

So at the outset of their problems, they had a couple things in common.

I heard Waller in an interview a couple months back speaking about how much he appreciated the NFL's help with his personal problems.

He was asked how much the team helped him out through his drug suspension and replied that he was not able to speak with the coaches or players as he was not allowed on the premises during his suspension, but the NFL had incredible support personnel supplied to him daily that he fully utilized to his his benefit and his personal current success at his job.

Good job Waller.

Go away Gordon. 

18 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Hardly a shocker, you knew the Pats let him go for a reason

I suspect the pats were doing their own testing to make sure he stays clean.  so the first test he failed wasnt on the leagues radar.

on another note, I have to think the issue isnt just with weed.  Weed is easy enough to quit.   I think it most likely his problem is with alchohol or some other drug.

cant prove it, but I strongly suspect this to be the case.

alcohol was an issue for him previously.. along with other things

was just starting to gel with the offense too, but it’s not like this wasn’t inevitable. I still feel like I’m describing a unicorn when I tell people how good this guy was in 2013.

On 12/17/2019 at 12:53 PM, Ray_T said:

I suspect the pats were doing their own testing to make sure he stays clean.  so the first test he failed wasnt on the leagues radar.

on another note, I have to think the issue isnt just with weed.  Weed is easy enough to quit.   I think it most likely his problem is with alchohol or some other drug.

cant prove it, but I strongly suspect this to be the case.

Agreed. Weed is not very addictive. Habit forming, sure, but you can definitely kick it when your career is on the line.

Also, it’s not that big a deal. 

I don't see him being very fantasy relevant.

He's sucked ever since his career,  the rare times he's been on the field that is.

I don't see this time being any different

Awesome 

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Josh Gordon:  Ruining fantasy teams since 2013.

I was able to trade him for Julio Jones back then on my dynasty team, lol