Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Green Energy Goof Balls Are Hilarious

Shut down all the coal plants! Shut down all the nuclear plants! Stop all the pipeline projects! Where will we get power?  We will just add more connections to the current system.  Brilliant!:wacko:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/10/17/cuomo-orders-utility-to-pump-imaginary-natural-gas/

ETA: And build offshore wind mills.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/andrew-cuomo-tilts-at-illusory-windmills-11572373172

I think we should build offshore wind mills. They do help the environment by providing reef structure to fish and this is more cost effective than building reefs, while even though offshore wind mills cost more money than an artificial reef there is the potential for the wind mill to recoup its cost over a long period of time.

We need more artificial reefs.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

I think we should build offshore wind mills. They do help the environment by providing reef structure to fish and this is more cost effective than building reefs, while even though offshore wind mills cost more money than an artificial reef there is the potential for the wind mill to recoup its cost over a long period of time.

We need more artificial reefs.

Reefs, yes, windmills, no.   You know more than me, but I have seen no literature to support that windmills will ever provide significant energy.  It would be more efficient to just burn the money spent on them.

Today it is not possible to make these green wind turbines and solar panels without fossil fuels. When they build their first solar/wind turbine factory without fossil fuels I will start listening to them. 

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Reefs, yes, windmills, no.   You know more than me, but I have seen no literature to support that windmills will ever provide significant energy.  It would be more efficient to just burn the money spent on them.

They do not provide significant energy, but they do not have to. They are a way to build an artificial reef that would help pay for itself over a long time. So what if the total energy produced by them is under 5% of our demand. That is not the reason why i personally support them.

I support offshore drilling for the same reason. Great fishing around our current rig structures.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Shut down all the coal plants! Shut down all the nuclear plants! Stop all the pipeline projects! Where will we get power?  We will just add more connections to the current system.  Brilliant!:wacko:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/10/17/cuomo-orders-utility-to-pump-imaginary-natural-gas/

ETA: And build offshore wind mills.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/andrew-cuomo-tilts-at-illusory-windmills-11572373172

Liberals can't think past their own feelings about something.

9 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Liberals can't think past their own feelings about something.

Most of the people that classify themselves as green are green until it inconveniences them.  We are about to see this across NY and New England.   

5 minutes ago, drobeski said:

They ever actually moving ?

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

They look so beautiful.    

so close to where I live if it's quiet, I can hear the woosh. The far right back one is 50 feet taller than the other 2.

In Gloucester, the three turbines were built by businesses. One is owned by Applied Materials, the parent company of Varian Semiconductor. Varian's 2.5-megawatt, 492-foot-high turbine is the tallest in Massachusetts, and is expected to provide about one-third of the company's power since it began operating last month. Jan 2013

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

Most of the people that classify themselves as green are green until it inconveniences them.  We are about to see this across NY and New England.   

NIMBY

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

NIMBY

I have 3 turbines maybe 1/4 mile away, doesn't bother me a lick. Why would it? I am far from green, it's mostly bullshit. but whats wrong with trying to get different energy? doesnt fit your wacko political narrative? 

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

so close to where I live if it's quiet, I can hear the woosh. The far right back one is 50 feet taller than the other 2.

In Gloucester, the three turbines were built by businesses. One is owned by Applied Materials, the parent company of Varian Semiconductor. Varian's 2.5-megawatt, 492-foot-high turbine is the tallest in Massachusetts, and is expected to provide about one-third of the company's power since it began operating last month. Jan 2013

I bet you can't find the actual % of power being provided.  The estimates for the amount of power provided are almost always over inflated at the time of construction.

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I have 3 turbines maybe 1/4 mile away, doesn't bother me a lick. Why would it? I am far from green, it's mostly bullshit. but whats wrong with trying to get different energy? doesnt fit your wacko political narrative? 

There's nothing wrong with trying to get different energy. I think you're reading too much into my post. 

Just now, Cdub100 said:

There's nothing wrong with trying to get different energy. I think you're reading too much into my post. 

I agree that most people are NIMBY, but I don't see why turbines piss people off so much? 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Nothing wrong with it as an individual supplement.  The problem is building inefficient an unreliable commercial facilities with tax payer dollars and screwing the consumers with higher costs of power.

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

I bet you can't find the actual % of power being provided.  The estimates for the amount of power provided are almost always over inflated at the time of construction.

I bet I can logically guess its 0% on non windy days

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

I agree that most people are NIMBY, but I don't see why turbines piss people off so much? 

Why do you hate birds?

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

I bet I can logically guess its 0% on non windy days

How many days near the ocean you think the wind doesn't blow. You ain't too bright are you?

The average hourly wind speed in Gloucester experiences significant seasonal variation over the course of the year. The windier part of the year lasts for 6.0 months, from October 14 to April 15, with average wind speeds of more than 9.7 miles per hour.

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I think they ruin the landscape. But so do all the powerlines running on poles every place. Go for a drive once you really look you can't unsee how ugly all the wires are running focking every which way.

I've read they kill a lot more birds than people realize. We have a bunch in the Michigan Thumb and you can seem them from miles away

https://thumbwind.com/michigan-wind-farm-map/

Just now, Cdub100 said:

I think they ruin the landscape. But so do all the powerlines running on poles every place. Go for a drive once you really look you can't unsee how ugly all the wires are running focking every which way.

I've read they kill a lot more birds than people realize. We have a bunch in the Michigan Thumb and you can seem them from miles away

https://thumbwind.com/michigan-wind-farm-map/

We only have seagulls and pigeons where I live. Fock em

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

How many days near the ocean you think the wind doesn't blow. You ain't too bright are you?

The average hourly wind speed in Gloucester experiences significant seasonal variation over the course of the year. The windier part of the year lasts for 6.0 months, from October 14 to April 15, with average wind speeds of more than 9.7 miles per hour.

Lol yeah that's it. You're right, your green turbines are a great reliable efficient means of saving the planet. 

I just took the Certified energy manager course and exam last week. Would you like to have an energy bright off Mr outlook ?

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

How many kw are generated at 9mph ?

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

Lol yeah that's it. You're right, your green turbines are a great reliable efficient means of saving the planet. 

I just took the Certified energy manager course and exam last week. Would you like to have an energy bright off Mr outlook ?

I don't give 2 shits about the planet, that's a farce.  

46 minutes ago, edjr said:

I think the NIMBY refers to the fact that solar and wind still require batteries that are mined in 3rd world countries and rely on fossil fuels and child slave labor.

Over here we get to enjoy the "clean" part while less fortunate people have to deal with the reality.

38 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

I think the NIMBY refers to the fact that solar and wind still require batteries that are mined in 3rd world countries and rely on fossil fuels and child slave labor.

Over here we get to enjoy the "clean" part while less fortunate people have to deal with the reality.

Well thankfully these batteries are special and made of magic unicorn farts that dont require any fossil fuels to create, they also disappear magically and never have to go into landfills as long as you  bury them under a rainbow.. 

48 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Who gives a sh1t? if it saves my company money, I'm putting up a turbine. None of the 3 in my city were for anything than the businesses that put then up, City and politics had nothing to do with them being built. You conservative jackoffs only see politics in everything. get a life. almost as bad as liberals, almost

• Like 1

You drive by entire farms of those windmills on the outskirts of San Francisco.   I'm sure the population thinks they provide 100% of the energy they use.

1 hour ago, riversco said:

You drive by entire farms of those windmills on the outskirts of San Francisco.   I'm sure the population thinks they provide 100% of the energy they use.

Same in SoCal, I-10 near the AZ border, there are hundreds of them.  Our family jokes that it looks like we are driving through an alien invasion.  I've driven past them multiple times, most of them don't seem to be moving at all.  :dunno:

If there is a legitimate way to say a big fock you to both the power company and the gas companies count me in, but I do not yet see how that works.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Who gives a sh1t? if it saves my company money, I'm putting up a turbine. None of the 3 in my city were for anything than the businesses that put then up, City and politics had nothing to do with them being built. You conservative jackoffs only see politics in everything. get a life. almost as bad as liberals, almost

Simmer down Sally.

I was just explaining the NIMBY point.

I am all for solar and wind if they make economic sense for the user. Free market.

I am also aware that they are not the Green Unicorn that many of their proponents claim them to be.

As tech advances the mining and disposal of the batteries should have less of an impact. 

The guy selling monorails on the Simpsons is the same guy selling windmill energy.  10 years from now we'll be hearing the true story come out.

10 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

The guy selling monorails on the Simpsons is the same guy selling windmill energy.  10 years from now we'll be hearing the true story come out.

That's more of a Shelbyville kind of thing.