Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Jackson vs Patriots DST

This fine establishment has Lamar as the #2 QB this week despite the negative match-up vs New England (#1 vs QB pts).  I have him in two leagues and am higher on Stafford vs the Raiders (#32 against QB pts) and maybe even Josh Allen vs Redskins (#18 vs QB pts). What says the wisdom of the people?  

Allen vs the Skins looks like a darn good one. 

NE Def has been tough, but go look at who they’ve played.  Pretty sure Buffalo is the only team above 500.  Not to mention, aside for Pit in week 1, probably not a single QB that would be considered a #1 Fantasy QB.  Lamar brings another dimension to the game.  I’ve been struggling with starting him as well, but this thread luckily prompted me to go look at NE’s schedule, and it’s making lean towards Lamar...but not exactly with confidence.

Allen, Stafford, Jackson of those three, who would you pick with the most confidence? 

I don't know but Lamar Jackson looks like the kind of QB that Belichick game plans for very well.

He's young, he relies on his legs a great deal, he will probably have his moments but I wouldn't be surprised either if he makes some extra mistakes.

Stafford looks like a great play this week.

• Like 1

Stafford is on fire, the Lions can’t run the ball, and the Raiders have the worst pass offense in the NFL.  Add in the Lions pathetic defense and you have the makings of a good old fashioned shootout.  

Def Stafford this weekend 

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

I don't know but Lamar Jackson looks like the kind of QB that Belichick game plans for very well.

He's young, he relies on his legs a great deal, he will probably have his moments but I wouldn't be surprised either if he makes some extra mistakes.

Stafford looks like a great play this week.

You can’t game plan for speed 

5 minutes ago, JagFan said:

You can’t game plan for speed 

Sure you can, lol

• Like 1

Yes it's hard to discount BBs coaching schemes, but look at who the Pats have beat: Roth, Rosen, Falk, Allen, Keenum, Jones, Darnold, Mayfield.

Not exactly the best field of QBs there (ok, Roth but was he healthy?

And look at Redskins since Gruden firing and Callahan took over. giving up avg of 14.6 pts.  Before that they were giving up 30.2 per game.  I'm not saying the Skins are good, but Gru had lost the locker room and was going thru the motions.  Callahan has them at least playing better.

WTS, I'd go Stafford.  The team came into season wanting to run ball more but they just can't do it consistently and knw mired in RBBC w/no real solid options back there. So back to Stafford slinging it over the field v a Raiders squad susceptible in the secondary, esp to the big play.

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Allen vs the Skins looks like a darn good one. 

Skins pass d hasnt been terrible. Theyve allowed 1 TD and 2 picks in their last 3 games. Small yards too. 

I only have LaMar, so I hope like heck he has a great game.  I would likely start Stafford if I owned him, but since I don't, I'm praying Jackson breaks off a few long runs.

Stafford is avg 25 points per game his last theee games, also having his best ff season in years, and I glad for him, based on the off field health problem with his wife. 

Now Allen as avg 21 points per game, less talent around him, Raiders pass def is awful, Skins playing better without Little Gruden 

Picking Allen, just a feeling about Allen’s matchup vs the Skins def and the Lions on the road. 

I think Stafford and the Lions might just have a tougher game then they have the past few weeks. 

Of course I’m barley right, so. 

Thanks. 

Lamar is one of those guys that’s fairly matchup-proof for fantasy purposes. At least til he ends up on the trash heap. I expect the Pats to fock with him such that he won’t be that effective on the actual field, but he’ll still put up stats. I’d probably roll with him.

I would agree only that NE will stomp on the gas up by 2 or 3 scores late in the 4th. I would bench Lamar this one for that alone. Basically no garbage time with NE if that situation manifest which odds are it will. NE is going to take away his high percentage plays I know that for a fact. Lamar will have to make some outstanding chunks downfield and they are not going to let him run. If he does well he will have to hit a couple of splash throws.    

Rodgers. 

I have picked wrong a couple of times this year between Wilson and Jackson but the floor is high for both so it has not cost me. This week gotta be Wilson. But I would start Jackson over Stafford.

FWIW, I'm fading Jackson for Matt Moore this week, unless Mahomie is back.

50/50 toss up in my mind, but the Hoodie must be taken seriously. He will do all in his power to blunt Jackson's production, and make him throw the ball.....and he actually has the defense capable of possibly pulling it off. I actually expect relatively low-moderate total points scored in this game. Should be a good one.

KC has all their offensive receiving weapons healthy, and Moore looked decent last week. Vikings pass D can be had.

3 minutes ago, stonewall said:

FWIW, I'm fading Jackson for Matt Moore this week, unless Mahomie is back.

50/50 toss up in my mind, but the Hoodie must be taken seriously. He will do all in his power to blunt Jackson's production, and make him throw the ball.....and he actually has the defense capable of possibly pulling it off. I actually expect relatively low-moderate total points scored in this game. Should be a good one.

KC has all their offensive receiving weapons healthy, and Moore looked decent last week. Vikings pass D can be had.

wow, that's a strong statement.  So, in league A I've pretty much convinced myself I'm going with Stafford over Lamar, that one is pretty easy.  It's league B, where I have Josh Allen that I'm really waffling.  I am actually a bit scared that Buffalo gets up and eats up plays and clock with running game.  You can bet that Belicheat is going to come up with something special to take away Larmar's running, since that is maybe their biggest weapon.  I expect he will assign a shadow to him or something old school.

I don't have a player on either team, so I'm just looking forward watching the game. 

New England 21 Baltimore 17

22 hours ago, JagFan said:

NE Def has been tough, but go look at who they’ve played.  Pretty sure Buffalo is the only team above 500.  Not to mention, aside for Pit in week 1, probably not a single QB that would be considered a #1 Fantasy QB.  Lamar brings another dimension to the game.  I’ve been struggling with starting him as well, but this thread luckily prompted me to go look at NE’s schedule, and it’s making lean towards Lamar...but not exactly with confidence.

I keep pointing this out in other threads but nobody seems to listen.

Opponents Combined Record thru the first 8 games of 2019:

NE (8-0): 14-42

SF (7-0): 16-35

GB (7-1): 30-29-1

NO (7-1): 32-28-1

KC (5-3): 34-25-1

Everyone keeps talking how great the Pats and 49ers are, but don't even consider who they've actually played.  Seriously, they haven't played anyone that's any good.  The Ravens are the FIRST competitive team the PATS have played ALL season.  We're NINE WEEKS into the season.

And in the meantime, the 49ers get the Cardinals tonight - yet another creampuff.  

You should start Lamar Jackson every week until he proves otherwise.  Even if he ends up getting less fantasy points then Stafford or Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson is still the right choice.  Aaron Rodgers can be started ahead of him though.

I disagree, if Stafford and Allen score more points they would be the right choice. 

Don't forget Lamar has had an extra week to prepare for NE and Belichick. This is the week NE loses and I wont go so far as to say Lamar torches them but he will be a QB1 

Game plan well be to stop Jackson. 

Hes the key, not Andrews. 

Andrews won’t produce if Jackson can’t get the job done. 

I switched my kicker Tucker out for Seahawks kicker. I have zero confidence in anyone facing NE. They have been facing bad teams but they are still an incredible defense. They are going to bait and confuse Lamar all day. They are going to get behind and once that happens kicking goes out the window. 

I'm debating on whether to start Marquise Brown or not.  The Pats haven't faced anyone good and Brown might be the guy that shows them how much a house of cards they really are.  The Pats are completely inflated because of their schedule.

Start him in place of? 

Belichick is known for creating customized defensive schemes every week to counter the strengths of whatever team he's facing.
It kills me that no coach has been able to play this game with Bill and win. 

If he's the high quality coach people seem to think he is, Harbaugh should've had his coaching minions developing a killer game plan for this game since June.

For the record, I'm starting Jackson.
Roster is tight with bye weeks, so picking up a sub streamer is not a realistic option.

Go Ravens.

19 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I'm debating on whether to start Marquise Brown or not.  The Pats haven't faced anyone good and Brown might be the guy that shows them how much a house of cards they really are.  The Pats are completely inflated because of their schedule.

Start all of your Ravens passing game with confidence.  Pats def is about to get exposed.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Candygram4Mongo said:

Belichick is known for creating customized defensive schemes every week to counter the strengths of whatever team he's facing.
It kills me that no coach has been able to play this game with Bill and win. 

If he's the high quality coach people seem to think he is, Harbaugh should've had his coaching minions developing a killer game plan for this game since June.

For the record, I'm starting Jackson.
Roster is tight with bye weeks, so picking up a sub streamer is not a realistic option.

Go Ravens.

There’s no need to speculate whether Harbaugh can do it against Belichick—he’s done it several times before. It’ll definitely be a hard fought battle.

2 hours ago, JagFan said:

Start all of your Ravens passing game with confidence.  Pats def is about to get exposed.

Gosh I hope so.  It's either Brown or Watkins for me.  Still unsure.

20 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Told you

It's still early but you seem to be right. Looks like Lamar is doing pretty much what ever he wants to.

They’ve lost their composure ever since the penalty on the FG attempt on the first drive.  I expect them to get it back, but it may be too late at 17-0