Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Happy Halloween- Not

Why are grown ups wishing me a happy Halloween? STFU, seriously. For the rest of us adults it's Thursday. It's a Fockin kids play day. And if you're an adult and you dressed up today I think you're an a-hole. Happy Halloween! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why are grown ups wishing me a happy Halloween? STFU, seriously. For the rest of us adults it's Thursday. It's a Fockin kids play day. And if you're an adult and you dressed up today I think you're an a-hole. Happy Halloween! 

I don't usually dress up but did so last Sat. night for a Halloween party.

I dressed up as a farmer and my wife went as a scarecrow.  We spent exactly $0 on our costumes. 

We went to a charity event that's put on by a local real estate agent and his wife.  They've done it for the last 5 years and have raised over $70K for Ronald McDonald House charities.  During each of those years, a family from our community had a child undergoing treatment for a life threatening illness, so they were able to tell their stories about how this charity helped them when they were at their most desperate. 

We were also able to meet and speak with one of the founders of Ronald McDonald House and hear his family's inspiring story. 

We saw some friends, danced a little, won a couple of silent auction items, and were able to have a few hours of adult time.  

Feel free to call me an when I do it again next year.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I don't usually dress up but did so last Sat. night for a Halloween party.

I dressed up as a farmer and my wife went as a scarecrow.  We spent exactly $0 on our costumes. 

We went to a charity event that's put on by a local real estate agent and his wife.  They've done it for the last 5 years and have raised over $70K for Ronald McDonald House charities.  During each of those years, a family from our community had a child undergoing treatment for a life threatening illness, so they were able to tell their stories about how this charity helped them when they were at their most desperate. 

We were also able to meet and speak with one of the founders of Ronald McDonald House and hear his family's inspiring story. 

We saw some friends, danced a little, won a couple of silent auction items, and were able to have a few hours of adult time.  

Feel free to call me an when I do it again next year.  

Read my words man.  I said if you dressed up today, as in showed up to work in a costume. A party is a different story. Today is for kids. 

• Like 1

Wife works tonight. I’ll be handing out candy at home. Won’t be wearing anything but not gonna hate on people who like to have fun 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

Wife works tonight. I’ll be handing out candy at home. Won’t be wearing anything but not gonna hate on people who like to have fun 

Give out your baseball card and pictures of your medals. 

56 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Read my words man.  I said if you dressed up today, as in showed up to work in a costume. A party is a different story. Today is for kids. 

If half naked hotties running around the Vegas strip qualify as a party I'm with ya!

12 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

:unsure:

You might want to rethink that strategy. Unless you want an excuse to never have to hand out candy again. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

:unsure:

You might want to rethink that strategy. Unless you want an excuse to never have to hand out candy again. 

lmao 

man I’ve never met people who don’t like Halloween or having fun on Halloween til I got here. Everyone else loves the holiday. I chalk it up to people with no friends or just being unhappy 

• Like 1

If it’s for kids or to try and score ass, I’m all for dressing up on Halloween. Otherwise I’m over it and it’s a normal day.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

If it’s for kids or to try and score ass, I’m all for dressing up on Halloween. Otherwise I’m over it and it’s a normal day.

Yep. If you don't have kids, or aren't chasing skanks, it is just another day. I didnt even mention it in any of my classes this year. 

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yep. If you don't have kids, or aren't chasing skanks, it is just another day. I didnt even mention it in any of my classes this year. 

You think people would get offended over those old timey ghost costumes wearing a sheet with holes in the face cut out? 

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fukin bah humbug!

• Like 1

Just now, Djgb13 said:

You think people would get offended over those old timey ghost costumes wearing a sheet with holes in the face cut out? 

Over here no. In America, sure. 

Used to, they made a big deal of us doing holidays in our classes. Used to give us money to decorate and buy crap. Now they seem to be on an anti foreign influence kick. So I don't even mention them anymore. I'll be off for two days for Christmas, so won't mention that either. 

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

lmao 

man I’ve never met people who don’t like Halloween or having fun on Halloween til I got here. Everyone else loves the holiday. I chalk it up to people with no friends or just being unhappy 

Some people get upset when they see able bodied kids walking around having fun like normal kids do. :dunno: 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Some people get upset when they see able bodied kids walking around having fun like normal kids do. :dunno: 

Knew you wouldn't last long. You're so weak. 

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

lmao 

I definitely see a minivan in your future. Good for you!

I've got kids so we love Halloween in the Dub house. I make sure my porch light is on and pass out candy every year. I usually set up a big production in my driveway. Smoke machine, spooky music, flaming pumpkin etc... I also have some warm bourbon and cider for the adults. We had really sh1tty weather today and a new baby in the house so I stayed inside this year.

If someone wishes you a happy Halloween just say thanks, you too. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I definitely see a minivan in your future. Good for you!

Nah. I’d rather have an SUV than a minivan

My buddy is a nurse at Upmc...the whole ward dressed up...some freaking awesome costumes...they chose pro wrestlers..absolutely hilarious.

This guy's Stranger Things laser show drew me in but I stayed for about four others. This is a good level of festive participation for me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Happy Halloween, buddy :cheers:

6 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Happy Halloween, buddy :cheers:

Thanks.  

8 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

My buddy is a nurse at Upmc...the whole ward dressed up...some freaking awesome costumes...they chose pro wrestlers..absolutely hilarious.

One of the doctors in my hometown dressed up as willie wonka and his staff were all Oompa Loompas. Thought that was hilarious