Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Basketball is such a terrible sport

Rocket 159 - Wizards 158 in regulation.

Jeez. Even all star games with planned out zero defense, the scores don't get that high.

unwatchable

Basketball is my favorite sport. I like the way they dribble up and down the court. 

College ball is great. 

The NBA and everything about it is garbage. 

• Like 2

The game has changed way too much and not for the better...  Now it either three-point shots or dunks...

• Like 1

Average score is around 110 today vs 97 or so 15 years ago. NBA overall is a much better product than NFL. 

Poor MEN enjoy basketball for some reason

11 minutes ago, edjr said:

Poor people enjoy basketball for some reason

I've been poor most of my life and I have never liked basketball.

1 minute ago, peenie said:

Who cares if you were/are poor most of your life?  Stereotyping yourself?

Love it, always will, it was my life as a child though.  Grew up poor, section 8 housing, from the hood, played every day that I possibly could from very early on, played grade school, high school, college....  It's in my soul.

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Love it, always will, it was my life as a child though.  Grew up poor, section 8 housing, from the hood, played every day that I possibly could from very early on, played grade school, high school, college....  It's in my soul.

And there is nothing wrong with that.  however, when we grew up, it was a team sport. it's now unwatchable for me.

It's a great sport at pretty much all levels.  But, there's not much reason to watch the NBA before the playoffs, and not much reason to watch the NCAA before March Madness.  

23 minutes ago, posty said:

Who cares if you were/are poor most of your life?  Stereotyping yourself?

Perhaps you need to read more carefully. I was responding to edjr:

29 minutes ago, edjr said:

Poor people enjoy basketball for some reason.

then I responded:

Also, it's not a stereotype if it's true. ;)

• Haha 1

I guess I should have said, "Who cares what edjr says"...

But damn, sure hit a nerve...

Soccer is the sport of the poor and downtrodden.  Just need to kick around a skull or something

4 minutes ago, posty said:

I guess I should have said, "Who cares what edjr says"...

But damn, sure hit a nerve...

No, I just don't know how to get you guys from doing this over and over and over and over and over again. I respond to someone and then I get the crappy comment. Why shouldn't I care or why shouldn't I respond to edjr? Why did my post trigger you?

8 minutes ago, peenie said:

No, I just don't know how to get you guys from doing this over and over and over and over and over again. I respond to someone and then I get the crappy comment. 

Um, you do know where you are, right?  If you want everyone "to be excellent to you", go to FBG...

I was at a basketball coach's meeting last week and the HS coach said the lowest % play in the game is posting up low.  I assume this is because of zone and/or help defenses making it more difficult to operate.   He went on to say that passing the ball into the post then kicking it out for a 3 was one of the highest % plays in the game.  That assumes your team can shoot.  

Gotta wonder how Bird, Jordan, Malone and others would operate in the post with the newer defensive rules. 

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I was at a basketball coach's meeting last week and the HS coach said the lowest % play in the game is posting up low.  I assume this is because of zone and/or help defenses making it more difficult to operate.   He went on to say that passing the ball into the post then kicking it out for a 3 was one of the highest % plays in the game.  That assumes your team can shoot.  

Gotta wonder how Bird, Jordan, Malone and others would operate in the post with the newer defensive rules. 

Barkley would be a nobody - a never heard of fat man with a horrible golf swing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Soccer is the sport of the poor and downtrodden.  Just need to kick around a skull or something

in 3rd world countries maybe. in 'merica you have to travel

1 hour ago, posty said:

Um, you do know where you are, right?  If you want everyone "to be excellent to you", go to FBG...

As long as you can take my sensitivity about matters I'll just continue to hang around.

19 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

A lot of the new rules came in to effect during Shaq's era.  He became much less effective later in his career, partially due to age but largely due to the new rules.  Bird and Jordan both had good jump shots so they would have been fine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bostonlager said:

College ball is great. 

The NBA and everything about it is garbage. 

This. I’ll pull for the Celtics but don’t watch a whole lot of NBA. Mostly college. Much better games