The way it's shaping up this years NFC playoff slate could be one of the all time great ones. Right now I'd say the entrants are:

49rs

Seahawks

Packers

Vikings

Saints

Cowboys

Rams and Eagles possibilities but unlikely.  That's a lot of good teams squaring off. Should be fun.  

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

This model shows Philly is more like than Seattle to play in January. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-nfl-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Shouid be fun down the stretch as well. The AFC is awful. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I agree, the AFC playoffs will suck for the most part. 

NFC has a handful of elite contenders that will punch it out

I'm picking the Saints to come out of the NFC in the end. I have a feeling the NFL will do a "make up" call and give them a little boost. 

• Like 1

DAL - graves been dug - losses to NO and GB already, any deep post season run has to be on the road - not happening.

MIN - always a great sentimental pick, but w/Cousins - just a pretender.

GB - good, but not frightening. Has to get HF to have any chance.

SEA - balanced, well coached, but (too) not frightening away from home... Still, prolly the team nobody wants to face early.

SF - undefeated ok, but is anyone convinced? Cupcake schedule up till now - upcoming games will tell the tale: BALT, GB, NO, SEA (2x).

NO - odds on favorite, especially if they get HF... Maybe the nastiest defense of anyone truth be told.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

DAL - graves been dug - losses to NO and GB already, any deep post season run has to be on the road - not happening.

SEA - balanced, well coached, but not frightening away from home... Still, prolly the team nobody wants to face early.

SF - undefeated ok, but is anyone convinced? Cupcake schedule up till now - upcoming games will tell the tale: BALT, GB, NO, SEA (2x).

NO - odds on favorite, especially if they get HF... Maybe the nastiest defense of anyone if truth be told.

I agree with all your takes.

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The Bears really crapped the bed so far.  I really thought they would be one of the favorites.

Their qb sucks and nagys gimmick offense to hide him is figured out. 

They should abandon ship asap while they have a defense

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Their qb sucks and nagys gimmick offense to hide him is figured out. 

They should abandon ship asap while they have a defense

You may be right.  It's depressing.

10 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

SEA - balanced, well coached, but not frightening away from home... Still, prolly the team nobody wants to face early.

NO - odds on favorite, especially if they get HF... Maybe the nastiest defense of anyone if truth be told.

Good synopsis. I think the games will be great if all the QB's make it. 

20 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I'm picking the Saints to come out of the NFC in the end. I have a feeling the NFL will do a "make up" call and give them a little boost. 

While they're at it they can give the Chiefs the one they owe them too.

21 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Haven't looked yet but what's the head to head records so far ? 

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

I don't know. Just know the AFC is horrible. Just go away until the playoffs. The Pats already have HFA sewed up. Like most years. 

6 minutes ago, drobeski said:

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don't know. Just know the AFC is horrible. Just go away until the playoffs. The Pats already have HFA sewed up. Like most years. 

AFC 13-23

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well they are consistently great. 

21 hours ago, Cruzer said:

My Cowboys play best when they're the underdog

3 hours ago, drobeski said:

One this for sure is the NFC east is the weakest division in the league. 

Not even arguable 

This year. Still the GOAT though. The Pats are 1-3 against them in the big game. Ouch. 

On 11/1/2019 at 11:07 AM, Cruzer said:

SEA - balanced, well coached, but (too) not frightening away from home... Still, prolly the team nobody wants to face early.

NO - odds on favorite, especially if they get HF... Maybe the nastiest defense of anyone truth be told.

This is my sentiments exactly.  I think NO is probably the best/toughest of these teams.

Good summary. :thumbsup:

I am liking how this week is turning out in the NFC

3 minutes ago, kutulu said:

GB with the donut in the 3rd

yeah...defense is helping them out. could have been a much bigger lead for the bolts.  rodgers can change that pretty quickly

That's bad loss for GB, there's no way to sugar-coat it. SD is a losing team and GB wasn't competitive.  

I think most knew they were a bit of a pretender but, everybody knows now..

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Reality said:

That's bad loss for GB, there's no way to sugar-coat it. SD is a losing team and GB wasn't competitive.  

That was turrible.

43 minutes ago, Reality said:

Oh, please.  Bad loss, yes.  Pretender - only a GB hater would say that.  Even quality teams stumble once in a while.  We can't all get cupcake schedules like SF and NE.

• Haha 1

People act like every team doesnt throw up a donut a year. That was bad but it happens.  

They didnt show up and the chargers were playing for their year.  Most had the chargers battling for a WC at the start of the year.  They have a good qb.  Good weapons. And a good pass rush.  They are always called a talented team.  

Packers need the one next week vs carolina then come out of the bye firing vs the 9ers.  

8 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Oh, please.  Bad loss, yes.  Pretender - only a GB hater would say that.  Even quality teams stumble once in a while.  We can't all get cupcake schedules like SF and NE.

Don't hate GB, they don't impact me one way or the other. Never really have. Simply not a team that makes much noise when it really matters.

:dunno:

I'd look inward after this week though, that loss had to be quite troubling for such a confident fan base.

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Don't hate GB, they don't impact me one way or the other. Never really have. Simply not a team that makes much noise when it really matters.

:dunno:

I'd look inward after this week though, that loss had to be quite troubling for such a confident fan base.

Yeah, teams always look inward after a loss.  But at 7-2, we'll take it.  There's always bumps in the road - the good teams weather them.  Don't worry about us, we'll be fine.  The teams with the cupcake schedules should be worried.

On 11/2/2019 at 8:02 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

AFC gained 2 games today now 16-24

6 minutes ago, nzoner said:

AFC gained 2 games today now 16-24

Got to beat up on the NFC North, looks like we had them rated too high. We apologize.

• Haha 1

SEA is really rolling.. Coming off wins against SF and MIN - this team is peaking at the right time.

I believe AFC and NFC are tied 26-26 currently.

A lot of the world beaters 1 month ago don't look so invincible now.  I'm feeling pretty good about my Ravens/Saints SB pick right now!

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:05 AM, nzoner said:

AFC 13-23

so since the first of November, AFC has gone 13-3 :dunno: