Hardcore troubadour

OK, Warren is done

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

That's a good question ...if you grew up in a cave in Borneo.

Some people live in tiny homes. Some people are happy living in a double-wide. Some people live in 10k square foot homes with a bunch of wasted space.

My grandma used to say, “If you have your health, you have everything.”

Some people say family is everything.

Having wealth and things isn’t what life is all about, but that’s what our culture tells us.

Wealth means different things to people. Why is it so important? Why do people want to take money (what they perceive as wealth) from others and redistribute it?

Iowa Dems are getting along look at all these candidates and the recent polling indicates they like Warren best. So Warren isn't going anywhere. Meanwhile, Biden is in 4th, even falling behind Butt-judge. his campaign is most popular with with the low attention span voters who don't go to rallies or watch debates on TV.

Also, hurrah for NYTimes/Siena, we finally found a polling service that considers polling Iowans to be a worthwhile endevour. How long ago was the last poll conducted there? My god these firms are stupid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Filthy Fernadez said:

At least she admits that part of it. Nice work Liz. Forget the electoral college. She just lost 2 million votes from the popular vote. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

At least she admits that part of it. Nice work Liz. Forget the electoral college. She just lost 2 million votes from the popular vote. 

If they could get Voter ID law passed, the Dems would never win again.

41 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

If they could get Voter ID law passed, the Dems would never win again.

I disagree. Voter Id will help but won't change much. The problem is the cities stuffing the ballots. All they have to do is have people fill in ballots and when people no show to vote they vote for them. It's the reason why cities keep "finding" uncounted ballots.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

I disagree. Voter Id will help but won't change much. The problem is the cities stuffing the ballots. All they have to do is have people fill in ballots and when people no show to vote they vote for them. It's the reason why cities keep "finding" uncounted ballots.

That's part of it. I mean, is it wrong to question districts with 120% voter turnout?  ;)

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hey anyone need a job?  The life and auto insurance industry has 2 million vacant jobs just waiting to get filled...lmao

And later in the day on Friday Warren argued that those 2 million Americans who lose their jobs under her plan can find work “in life insurance, in auto insurance, in car insurance.”

8 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Hey anyone need a job?  The life and auto insurance industry has 2 million vacant jobs just waiting to get filled...lmao

And later in the day on Friday Warren argued that those 2 million Americans who lose their jobs under her plan can find work “in life insurance, in auto insurance, in car insurance.”

There is a magic wand! 

7 hours ago, Gladiators said:

What is wealth and why is it so important?

I think people view wealth as the possession of assets in their many forms that tend to transfer successively forward.  I think this is a generalization the works for most, and the intent to discuss wealth in these terms is strategic.

Generally speaking, any wealth not in the hands of a minority group is "stolen" wealth, therefore those with it are effectively evil, that wealth was earned at the expense of others in a society that funnels it toward specific groups.

I know....you are going to say "what about asians?", its tough to understand how one minority group that was subjugated manages to be so successful, but it really boils down to culture. A healthy culture competes well, and unhealthy culture does not. It honestly is just that simple.

So,  when you hear about white privilege and such what you are really hearing is "we cant compete because you are better than us",and I think that is not true and its a shame that people tout it and buy into it.

36 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think people view wealth as the possession of assets in their many forms that tend to transfer successively forward.  I think this is a generalization the works for most, and the intent to discuss wealth in these terms is strategic.

Generally speaking, any wealth not in the hands of a minority group is "stolen" wealth, therefore those with it are effectively evil, that wealth was earned at the expense of others in a society that funnels it toward specific groups.

I know....you are going to say "what about asians?", its tough to understand how one minority group that was subjugated manages to be so successful, but it really boils down to culture. A healthy culture competes well, and unhealthy culture does not. It honestly is just that simple.

So,  when you hear about white privilege and such what you are really hearing is "we cant compete because you are better than us",and I think that is not true and its a shame that people tout it and buy into it.

Actually I was going to say WTF does race have to do with it? :wacko:

I'm sure this is no surprise, but MSNBC says "Hah!  Eat them apples!" to those who questioned how Fauxcahontas was going to pay for her free give a way:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-elizabeth-warren-ultimate-clapback

No one there is questioning it at all - just shove it in your face as if that suddenly solves the problem of how it's paid for.  :doh:

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I'm sure this is no surprise, but MSNBC says "Hah!  Eat them apples!" to those who questioned how Fauxcahontas was going to pay for her free give a way:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-elizabeth-warren-ultimate-clapback

No one there is questioning it at all - just shove it in your face as if that suddenly solves the problem of how it's paid for.  :doh:

Well the prior criticism was she was being vague. So yeah, I’d say she’s addressed that. Whether you like the plan or not is a different question

17 hours ago, RLLD said:

1st paragraph, I was starting to think, ok maybe a reasonable post from Ray.  2nd paragraph to the end, nope Ray is off the rails.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

1st paragraph, I was starting to think, ok maybe a reasonable post from Ray.  2nd paragraph to the end, nope Ray is off the rails.

You bias only allows you to accept that which feeds what you want to be true. Your limited scope of thought prevents any real discussion or path toward tangible fixes.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Actually I was going to say WTF does race have to do with it? :wacko:

There are correlations between poverty and certain ethnic groups that cannot be ignored. Particularly given the inclination of Democrats throughout history, and currently, to harm minority groups.

Unwinding decades and decades of socioeconomic hindrances takes time, but the Democrats continue to harm certain groups. It is relevant to include certain specific areas of the country, as well as certain ethnic groups that have been historically harmed.

Trump is fixing it, but this is going to take time, but patience is not something we value in this nation.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

You bias only allows you to accept that which feeds what you want to be true. Your limited scope of thought prevents any real discussion or path toward tangible fixes.

I'm rubber, and you're glue

9 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I'm rubber, and you're glue

😄 :cheers:

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 10:35 AM, Brad GLuckman said:

I am not sure if we are better off than 50 years ago. Yes, advances in technology and healthcare make daily life better, but economically are we as a society better off? Comparing costs of college, healthcare, and housing to 30 years ago, I would say millenials are at a disadvantage compared to their parents. Everyone has seen this viral video, which certainly has it's issues but the overall point stands. 

Any person who sees this and doesn't realize that the democrats and their policies are the cause, then there's just no hope for those people.

I have never caused physical harm to a women in my almost 39 years on this planet. If there is one woman I would love to punch in the mouth it is Elizabeth Warren. 

Is there a dumbasss out there that believes this shiit?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/warren-under-fire-as-she-now-claims-billionaires-alone-can-fund-medicare-for-all

You want to really drive yourself insane?    Take note of how she leads every goddam answer with "soooo.. . .. ".      You'll never be able to unhear it again once you've noticed it.    And she says it every f----king time.     It shouldn't, but now that I am sensitive to it - it makes me irrationally crazy.  

My wife must have lost a bet or something because she wanted to watch the democratic debate a couple of weeks ago.    I sprung a trap on her right before the debate started and mentioned Warren and to notice the "sooo.  . .." thing.    She made it about 10 minutes before Lizzy's "sooo. . . . " thing made her start throwing shoes at the TV.      

19 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I have never caused physical harm to a women in my almost 39 years on this planet. If there is one woman I would love to punch in the mouth it is Elizabeth Warren. 

Is there a dumbasss out there that believes this shiit?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/warren-under-fire-as-she-now-claims-billionaires-alone-can-fund-medicare-for-all

I'm always impressed when I hear the stupid people talk...

"...covered largely by an array of taxes on corporations, the wealthy and employers in general."

LOL... yeah, because those costs won't get passed down to the middle class in forms of...

1. Higher costs for goods and services to keep their profit margins
  2. Loss of jobs
  3. Limits on job expansion
  4. Loss of hours

How come they didn't just get the Billionaires to pay for Obamacare if it were so damn easy? She was in the senate for that. 

30 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm always impressed when I hear the stupid people talk...

LOL... yeah, because those costs won't get passed down to the middle class in forms of...

1. Higher costs for goods and services to keep their profit margins
  2. Loss of jobs
  3. Limits on job expansion
  4. Loss of hours

That would require actual logic and consideration of the obvious outcomes.  Seattle City Council are as liberal as they come and they are always trying to combat the affordable housing "crisis" by jacking up property taxes on folks that own apt buildings. They are then "outraged" when the landlords pass those increased taxes onto renters in the form of higher rents making housing even LESS affordable.  Shocking, right???  Who could've seen that coming? 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How come they didn't just get the Billionaires to pay for Obamacare if it were so damn easy? She was in the senate for that. 

Funny thing is when Billionaires say 'I don't pay enough taxes'. Have they written the government a check? You can overpay and not claim it i.e. pay as much as you like motherfocker; I'm paying enough.

Just now, Filthy Fernadez said:

Funny thing is when Billionaires say 'I don't pay enough taxes'. Have they written the government a check? You can overpay and not claim it i.e. pay as much as you like motherfocker; I'm paying enough.

Never hear any conservative billionaires spouting such nonsense.  Only the libs, and like any other billionaire, they have no intention of paying 1 cent more.  

5 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

The billionaires combined wealth does not add up to the cost of Warren's health takeover. Now what?

Exactly, there are 600 billionaires in the US. If you take 1 billion from all of them it doesn't even pay for 1% of her dumbasss plan. I hope she wins the nomination so we can watch her cry and claim sexism. 

I kind of hope she gets the nomination.  It would make it easier for Trump.  But then what if she won? 

3 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

I kind of hope she gets the nomination.  It would make it easier for Trump.  But then what if she won? 

Easy.  We impeach her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Easy.  We impeach her.

exactly. The Democrats have shown us that if you don't like the results of an election you just cry, whine and and make up any excuses to start impeachment proceedings.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Easy.  We impeach her.

That works.  i am sure the MSM will get behind it and tell the public how corrupt she is.  Of course we have to retake the House in the same year DT loses. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bill E. said:

That works.  i am sure the MSM will get behind it and tell the public how corrupt she is.  Of course we have to retake the House in the same year DT loses. 

of course the MSM will get behind that. They've shown that they are unbiased and willing to do what's right for the American people.

Right?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Strike said:

Easy.  We impeach her.

After my 401k plummets and I pay a fock ton to pay for illegals health care. 

Was reading in The NY Times today she does appreciably worse than Biden in polling of key battleground states. While she’s similar to Biden in national polls of head to head against Trump she would handily lose electoral college based on early polling numbers.

Which would explain why Trump was desperate to extort the Ukraine into pushing some bullsh1t investigation narrative against Biden.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Which would explain why Trump was desperate to extort the Ukraine into pushing some bullsh1t investigation narrative against Biden.

😃😃😃

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Easy.  We impeach her.

I'm sure we could find some people who dreamed she sexually assaulted them